• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Crew 32] Job 1 - Getting the Gang Together

club24

Everything Is Magical
RP Date
YE 40 (August)
RP Location
Delsauria (Nepleslian Territory)
Delsauria - Maharombi Spaceport

It was a relatively peaceful evening, ships trickled in and out moving cargo and passengers alike without a care in the world. In one of the many bars populating the port a small trio sat around a large table barely speaking a word to each other. All three of the Delsuarians were wearing Cold Climate Suits designed to emulate the heat of the planet while indoors. The captain of the trio was Emmathyst Caver, a Delsuarian miner and geologist who had previously been captain of a small-time band of similarly minded people, they were all gone now however with only these three remaining.

"Face it Emma, no one is coming, just like the last three nights we were here. All we are doing is burning through what little funds we have waiting for a false promise." Spoke one of the others sitting beside her, the largest of the three, a gruff older Delsaurian male by the name of Samaphire who had been running as muscle for the old group.

"I think I'm starting to agree with Sam, Emma I'm sorry I know how much it meant to you but we're better off following that lead now and getting some funds before we try this again." The second Delsaurian, sitting on her other side, a younger female who just went by Ruby piped up. "It's just not gonna happen, no one knew us then and they don’t know us now so why would they join?"

Emma slowly shut her eyes and sighed, "You two were with me from the start, I never gave up on you and you never gave up on me. We have always had each-others backs so please, don't start being an asshole now." She grinned at her companions who smiled back, they were all used to this kind of behavior from each other and it kept the spirits up. While she may have joked around Emma was also beginning to think no one would show up for the job offers, despite the recent boost in Delsauria's trade they obviously didn't have enough prior reputation or luck to snag any newbies.

Outside the building one of their many posters fluttered by, "Wanted! Members willing to sign on for a term with Crew 32. Must be willing to work in less than favorable conditions and take a loss on the chin if required. Payments include an even portion of any income from successful jobs and further details will be discussed after being hired."

"Alright fine, we'll stay for another hour and if no one shows. We'll let the owners know as usual and head upstairs, tomorrow we'll go out for that lead and get ourselves a little more spending money. Sound good?" Emma asked her two companions.
"No complaints here." Sam replied
"Ditto" Came the reply from Ruby, who stuck her arm out in a thumbs up.

One of those posters blew onto the Nerimium faceplate of one 'spacer with a very sturdy outer shell, he or it or whatever the being was classified as didn't brush the advertisement away however - he simply stood there in nothing but a trench coat that blew with the strong breeze that licked at his figure. These folks seemed down on their luck and he was between jobs with a decent bit of padding on his bank account - Willing to take one on the chin? he would have laughed at that but nobody would have gotten the joke so Raspooten simply gave the poster one more once over and walked into the indicated establishment.

Servos and various other mechanised systems could faintly be heard mixing with the room's background din as the hulking spacer walked in, the poster still sticking to his face as he used other sensors to find those who he was told to contact, pushing past the other patrons to sit down across from them without any further warning - the poster finally falling from his cranium to reveal a rather featureless face besides one red eye and the barcode 'R45P-00-10'.

It was a short moment of disorientation before the 'spacer turned his armour-plated head to the trio and spoke... kind of, rather than words all that left his 'face' was a garbled mix of sounds and static before he went silent and looked at them expectantly.

Last edited:
The trio simply watched as the metal, man? Sat down and spewed garbled nonsense at them, Ruby noticed the poster and picked it up from the table with one glance confirming why he was here. "Looks like you found someone after all Emma, or rather he found us." The youngest of the three Delsaurians said with an excited grin, eyes lighting up as the flame of hope burned brighter. The prospect of new people was a good one for the small team, if they ever wanted to move onto better paying work they'd need more people.

Emma simply nodded and looked the spacer over with a cautious eye, he didn't seem to have any immediately threatening weapons on him which was a good sign although with a body like that who knows what he might be hiding. Since none of them could understand what he'd tried to say earlier, the woman gave him a soft smile, "I'm sorry, we don't know what you're trying to say although from the poster you uh, brought in I gather you're here about the job offer?"

Mechanised laughter echoed from the 'spacer's digital voicebox before there was a small bit more static and the being cleared it's throat, "I'm just messing around with you fine folks," he began to rumble out in a deep and quite obviously synthesized voice. "The poster found me so I followed it home to find you three with some open positions - call me Raspooten," the armoured figure continued, one finger scraping down the side of his nerimium face slowly as he gestured to the industrial print.

Raspooten finally shrugged off his bag and lowered it to the floor with a few metallic dings coming from under the worn out leather backpack, he was smart enough to keep some of the moe dangerous items in his inventory hidden from plain sight - except for maybe the handle of a sawnoff shotgun that almost began poking out.

"I fix stuff, I break stuff and that's just before I get out of bed in the morning," he continued, a few distant beeps behind his voice and a tone that made it hard to tell if he was joking or not. "I can also fly just about everything and I'm built like a tank so I'm wondering if the offer on that poster still stands - sitting is fine too really, I'm not too fussy."

The sun was as brutal and hot out as it had ever been, making it easy to spot the planet's natives from the visitors. Moving among the thin coming and goings of people walked a decidedly native Nepleslian, a lean muscular individual with a dull metallic right arm. He chewed on a root that was found in the cooler underground of the planet and was quite an aquired taste.

Daniel stopped outside one of the many bars in this area and looked at the sign to confirm he was in the right place. He had heard that a local group was recruiting and it was the perfect opportunity to make some cash to send to his family. He had even heard of this crew when he was younger and was looking forward to joining up, their reputation surely helped.

He pushed at the door, it being heavy and reluctant to open so as not to allow the precious cool air inside out. The few looks at the door showed a man at ease with the outside heat, as his attire sppeared. Most notable was the lack of shirt beneath a natural looking leather and scaled vest, a necklace adorned with claws and teeth and a bush hat that displayed a similar theme. Also visually accessible was a rather large hunting knife strapped to his left thigh, commonly referred to as the 'Delsaurian Hunting Knife'. His bearded weathered face took in the room as he his search came up with what he sought. With confidence he walked over to the three Delsaurians and apparent robot, he removed his hat and nodded to the small group.

"G'day. I'm looking for the Crew blokes. The name's Daniel Apaway, you them," he asked in his thick local accent?

When the next face entered and approached the trio about the job offer it was now Sam's turn to react, looking the outfit up and down several times the older Delsaurian grinned, now here was a guy who knew how to survive it seemed. Either that or it was all for show, but something about him suggested he wasn't the actor type despite the almost comical getup. Rising to greet the newest face, Samaphire stuck out a hand to welcome him. "We are indeed the crew blokes as you put it, well what's left of them anyway." The gruff dino said gesturing to Ruby and Emma, "She's the boss though, so if you're here for a job too then you'll want to ask her."

Meanwhile Ruby was busy inspecting the metallic body of Raspooten, being the youngest of the trio she had the least amount of experience with offworlders despite their more regular presence now. "Huh cool robot, where's your master ay buddy?" She asked smirking, giving his nerimium shell a tap to test it, quite satisfied with the response it gave. "Oh and hey there other newguy, I'm Ruby as Sam there just mentioned, I usually act as the healer and sometimes a scout."

When the other two had finally settled down some, Emma spoke up, the remnants of authority still lingering in her tone as she spoke to the new two. "Well I'm glad you two showed up, we were starting to get desperate to find help we almost considered contracting someone but that would have cost us our lives in DA most likely. Since you both seem to be here for the job offer how about a double interview, my friends and I will ask you a couple questions and after that we should be good to set you up with a room for the night."

Raspooten's lone eye burned with a brighter intensity as the comment came through, soft whirring could be heard beneath his hooded duster as the 'spacer re-adjusted his sitting position and began looking almost offended in that moment. "Ma'am I'll let you know any type 4 freespacer with any sense of self-worth has every right to be offended by your statement, implying I'm no more than some subservient hunk of Yamataian scrap metal that falls to their master's knee's - you should be ashamed," he spoke rather emotionally before giving a happy little beep and leaning back to his more relaxed position.

The tanky 'spacer brought one armoured fist down onto the table with a thud, causing to creak slightly under the sudden weight as his sturdy head pivoted between the lizards and the... human-looking one. "Good thing that's not me though, I'm not that much of an asshole, what do you guys want to know? Hullcracker seven four seven fours is my designation if we're being formal but whatever," Raspooten spoke, not the slightest bit of insult in his voice.

In the blazing midday sun, the Maharombi cliff cast a deep shadow over the city that bore its name, cowling its dusty streets and rounded adobe architecture.

Page didn't really walk into to town; rather, he was perpetually falling as his aching legs were lethargically keeping him up. The malformed Delsaurian had spent the day walking along the Maharombi Duneway, picking up any remains he could from the plethora of airbike wrecks that could be found buried beneath the dunes on its perimeter. Page made his way toward the western outskirts of the city, where scrap could be sold on the metalmarkets.

It was there he asked Diamond, as he did every day, where work could be found.

Now, he found himself outside the bar, holding the shoddy flyer in his gnarled hand. A bar for offworlders, he thought, annoyed. Page would have to remain outside, considering the environment within was inhospitable to him. Shouldn't have sold that damn Cold Environment Suit I found.

His weathered robes swirled around him with a passing westerly wind, forcing Page to hold his cowl on with his left hand. No one wants to see me, this is a more affluent area of town. Not for the crippled and mutated. He took a seat on a nearby adobe fence, lining the perimeter to a warehouse just across the street from the bar. It was there he watched, and waited.

They'll have to come out sooner or later, then, I'll woo them into giving me the job. It was desperate, he knew; but it was the only chance he had to make money - or, perhaps, get offworld.

Several other Delsaurians and some travelers passed by Page as he sat outside, some looking away while others seemed to both marvel and shrink away from the scarred man, those who knew combat nodded in pity and those who'd never held a gun wondered if he was a brave soldier. A particularly old, and tall Delsaurian passed him by without so much as a look before he noticed the flyer clutched in Page's grip, the older man stopped and turned to look him right in the eye.
"Looking to join those washed up idiots?" He said with a slight grin, clearly knowing more than he let on, "Hope you're ready for more bad luck than good then, it's a wonder we ever made any money in that crew." Before Page could ask anything of the man he may have wanted to, he continued on and soon vanished into a small crowd.

Inside the building Ruby was busy recoiling from the slam Raspooten had just performed, snatching her hands away as if she thought he'd go for them next. Emma and Sam laughed at the girl before the whole group composed themselves and got ready to get down to business.
"To start, we'd like to get an idea of how long you want to keep your position with us." Emma said lacing her fingers together slightly while watching the two faces of the strangers.

Raspooten's rectangular head tilted to the side slightly as he was motionless for a few seconds, the singular red light that resembled one eye pulsated softly to indicate he was deep in thought - a sudden jet of steam burst forth from a valve on the mechanised 'spacer's neck before his posture righted itself and he gave a nod.

"I'd say three jobs is a good start and more than enough time to get a good feel for what you folks are like, if things are looking up then I guess I'll ask to stick around more but yea-a-a-a-hhh," He may not have had a face in the traditional sense but it was pretty easy to see that Raspooten was a little bit confused, he held up one large digit to politely gesture for the strangers with a shared goal to wait a moment for the audio glitch to pass.

Another port opened up to reveal a slightly dinged-up heat-sink that was glowing red from over-exertion, a wave of air hotter than the desert outside radiated from the freespacer's rapidly-cooling components before it shut again.

"Whooo, what a rush that was," Raspooten resumed speaking with a hint of relief dancing about his tone, "A ship landed on my ship a while back, guess that coolant line sprung a leak again - I almost went nuclear for a moment there..."

"It should be fine, don't worry your pretty little heads about it."

Nodded to Ruby and Samaphire in greeting as he pulled up a chair, he set his bush hat on his lap as he turned his attention to the indicated leader Emma, "A joint interview sounds good to me ma'am. As for my length of employment, well, I have a handful of bills to keep paid so I would prefer to last as long as I am able. As for a place to stay, I appreciate the offer but I have arrangements elsewhere but thank you."

He shifted slightly away from Raspooten as the heat sink issue was dealt with, the Freespacer's reference of a nuclear moment enough of a threat for Daniel to ignore his words of relaxation.

He continued on, "Just to set things on the table, I grew up here on planet and am an accomplished hunter and tracker. I have spent time off planet as well doing a bunch of this or that. I have no problem acting as security but I much prefer hunting critters over people.

"As a side note, seeing as you mentioned you were afraid of lack of interest. There was a 'Saurian out front, I noticed him on my way in. He seemed to be having a turn of bad luck, perhaps he could contirbute? I don't like to see fellows struggling is all."

Page chewed the spotty old coot's words for a moment. A bad reputation. Maybe I'll have some jostling room at the negotiation table. He stuffed the flyer into his robes, not too intent on drawing more attention than he already had.

He watched the patchy little crowds as they passed. I think it's around time for the common folk to be getting off work, he judged. If only he hadn't sold his watch to Diamond.

The entrance door to the establishment boomed open, causing a loud ruckus in the relatively calm atmosphere. A man wearing a cheap two piece suit that didn't seem to fit his figure stumbled into the establishment, looking rather sheepishly upon realizing the unwanted attention he had received. Quickly he scanned the room, and walked to the table with the trio and what he can only describe as a large metal robot alongside a rather peculiarly dressed man though he dared not to voice his thoughts about them.

" I-is this the group th-th-that's from the poster?"

He pointed at a copy of the poster that had been rolled up in his back pocket, beads of sweat visible on his balding forehead. It was then that the people around the table had noticed aside from his rather laughable getup, that the man's entire left face is scarred. The skin around his left eye socket, seemingly pulled taut and the eye itself has an iris colored black with hints of grey. The lips on the left portion of his face is also as equally as disfigured, giving the man a permanent grin. With a deep breath he gathers himself almost unexpectedly and swipes back the hair on his balding head.

"I'm not the guy that's looking to become recruited, in fact I'm here as his representative. To cut the story short, this guy..."

A slight pause in his train of thought as if he's desperately trying to find the right words to form his sentence but to no success

"He.. Has some trouble with getting around from place to place and doing business in public places. But that's not to say that he's shy or anything! It's a little complicated with... Him. Either way before I get sidetracked the guy that I'm representing here is an old squad mate of mine for a couple of years. Worked as a field medic, and a damn fine good one I'd say. In all my time working as mercenary I've never met such a guy like him that I could depend on."

The man traces the side of his face that had been horribly disfigured with his right hand.

" You see this? This ain't no cosmetic surgery gone wrong. A few months back when me and my group were out on a job an explosion occurred inside a building that was under construction. Me and a couple of guys were right beside the site as concrete and hot pieces of metal rained from above from the room the explosion had happened a few floors up. My team made it out alright.. Except for myself. A big hunk of metal cracked my helmet and the entire left side of my face as I was trying to run away. Everyone thought I was gone! But instead Skinwalker, he ran in the mess regardless and saved my life. His methods might be a little questionable, but hell in exchange for the ability to bring someone from the brink like I did back to life. Quite the bargain if you ask me."

The man's eyes wandered back to the people around the table after finishing his explanation, flustered upon the realization that what he had to say went on for longer than he had anticipated.

"So you'll hire 'em?"

Last edited:
A tall dark figure walked through the crowds. Lazarus wore a hooded trench coat of black despite the heat, it being no bother to him with the undersuit of his armor underneath. He wore armor reinforced boots, black cargo pants, and a plate vest on underneath the coat which was closed. He wore his helmet under the hood, leaving none of his body visible.

The faceplate of the helmet had white paint on three plates, on the top and sides of the face. They clearly were part of a larger image, what could not be said in their current spaced arrangement that left the visor bare. Currently the visor was a deep red, with two glowing circles where his eyes should have been viewable, had the visor not been displaying his face within.

His boredom had to be sated and he just wasn't finding that on Vice. Money was no issue, but boredom for someone like him usually meant dead people. He couldn't have that, not after the decision he made. He was already well known in some regions of space for the acts he'd done, hence why he hid himself within his attire.

The info about this job had been passed to Kaya from his recent employers. Ones would be busy for quite some time build their new toys from him.

The man passed by Page at first, but his eyes recognized the flyer a second after. His head snapped towards the paper unnaturally quick. The circles narrowed as his own eyes looked the sad being over. He was clearly waiting for something, and the poster didn't make knowing what hard at all.

His gaze turned to the building itself, as the circles turned into a scowl at the establishment, but reverted to normal. He walked to and through the slightly ajar door rather quietly, to see the gathered group. Stepping forward deftly he approached the man in the suit from behind before stepping around him. "Hello. I assume this is the Crew 32 hiring?", His augmented voice said.

"I am here to sign up. Call me Smith.", Lazarus said as the circles imitated an almost happy expression, a curved line of a smile joining them as he spoke.

Emma nodded along listening to both Raspooten and Daniel as they answered, only slightly flinching away when the nuclear potential was mentioned, spacers sure were a funny bunch. So it seemed both of them were interested in extended stays, guess that was the influence money had over people, considering you needed it for everything except air. "Well it seems both of you are interested in staying for a little while at least." She said nodding at the spacer although not out of disdain but just acknowledgment. "And from what you have said, as well as first impressions it seems to me that the both of you have plenty of useful skills and a good work ethic, although we'll see come tomorrow morning. As of now you're both officially hired!"

In that moment the suited man and the new stranger covered head to foot appeared causing quite an upset as one of them rather loudly entered and then sat down with them. During his long speech Emma's left eyebrow, or at least the slight ridge of scales in that area, slowly rose further at further at the strange tale the man recited. "I mean no offense to you or your boss in saying this but, we aren't really in a financial or time allowing position to deal with third parties, we'll need to meet face to face before I can make that sort of call. If you have a way of contacting him, you should tell him to meet us upstairs in 10 minutes after Sam checks out this guy outside that Daniel spoke of. I'm sure you can understand why I'm asking this." Emma replied coolly, she wasn't sure if she trusted this strange fellow but if the boss made his face known then it might be a different story. Turning her attention to 'Smith' as he had called himself she cracked a slight smile, seemed someone was trying not to be recognised, either that or he was one strange spacer. "Well Smith, why don't you join us upstairs and we can chat there hmm?" The Delsaurian said, in such a short space of time it seemed that a substantial number had suddenly appeared, she wasn't the type to believe in higher powers or faith but this was some luck which they could have done with weeks ago.

"So, Sam. Would you mind checking on the man outside that our new friend here mentioned?"

"Right away Emma." With that the large Delsaurian left the building to go and inspect this lead, upon exiting he looked around for a moment not seeing him at first thanks to the slight distance between them. But sitting on a fence tends to stand out somewhat, making his way over with a grin Sam waved to the scarred man. "Hey, a buddy of ours said you were sitting out here by yourself, said you looked like you could use a job. Wanna come inside and grab a drink with us?"

Back inside the bar Emma and Ruby rose from their positions at the table and motioned for the rest to follow, "We're going to head upstairs to a less crowded bar where we can discuss the details away from any eavesdroppers." Emma explained as she moved to speak with the owner quietly, leaving Ruby to lead their small party upstairs to a rather simple bar which was untended. "So who's excited to go out on an adventure together?" The girl asked once the group was seated.

Lazarus took a seat, his coat still closed, and the hood up. The same happy simulated expression as before returned. He rested his arms on the chain's armrests at the elbow, steapling his hands before his face plate as listening thoughtfully.

"My motivations quite frankly are out of a need to eliminate boredom. So yes you could say I'm...excited.", His augmented voice replied. Deep and as slightly synthesized sounding as it was, it conveyed a pleased tone.

"W-Wait!, ah man I knew this would be iffy.. Ok, first of all he's not my boss, I'm doing this as a favor to repay him for saving my life!"

He stands up fixing his attire, a little desperation apparent in his tone.

"Ok ok, I know it's not easy for you guys!, but please can't you make a little exception?"

The man leans closer to the table, dialing down the tone of his voice as if what he is about to say is sensitive information

"The thing is that he really has trouble walking around in public! And he's no VIP or a- "

Another abrupt pause, the man's face contorts in a confused expression, his right hand instinctively goes for his forehead massaging his temples like he just experienced a sudden headache.

"That's... Fine, He'll come by shortly.."

He sits down again resting his elbows on the table, eyes staring off into nowhere.

"You all go on ahead, I don't need to hear any of it, I think my job's done here..."

The others then begin to ascend up the stairs to the second floor of the establishment following after Ruby promptly after witnessing the man's strange behavior. As they leave the first floor the man sat by the table with a perplexed expression, almost as if he was having a mental debate with himself.

Last edited:
Raspooten's singular red eye observed the newcomers, some trying-so-hard-to-blend-in-that-you-stick-out type who gave them a fake name and some poor sod with half his face blown off and overactive sweat glands, the 'spacer picked up his proportionately large bag and hefted it on to one shoulder, the leather creaking adn whatever was inside it clunking as he began to move toward the stairs before he moved back to the supposed representative.

"Hey buddy," the Nerimium tower spoke as he leant down to look the man in the eyes, that black faceplate opening to reveal a white and very real skull embedded into the armour's systems and servos, the skull moved it's jaw as Raspooten continued to speak.

"At least you've still got a face," Raspooten joked with a shrill mechanical roar behind his words before the 'helmet' snapped shut again and he went up the stairs after the lizard-folks, hoping the steps wouldn't break under his immense bulk.

With a metal arm of his own Daniel really had no problems with the cybernetically incined, especially Freespacers who are odd by nature but generally good for Nepleslia. Still all this armor and metal walking around made him uneasy about the job he was entering in to. This guy Smith seemed like he just wanted to shoot people and hide inside his armor, Raspooten seemed cordial enough if not a little socially awkward owing to hi nuclear comment. The three Delsaurians were definetly Daniels speeds, seeing as he grew up around the race and he understood their culture and customs, or what was left of such after Nepleslia got to the species.

He stood, carrying his hat in his hand since his mother had always told him it was inpolite to wear a hat indoors. he followed along behind Emma and Ruby as they ascended the stairs. He watched the interaction between Raspooten and the sweaty off worlder and rolled his eyes. More of that Freespacer awkwardness, really who does something like that to a guy who was so obviously distressed. "Oi, Ras, leave the bloke alone yeah? Come on," he called out waving the towering metal man to the stairs.

Ruby had moved around behind the bar at this point and waited for the last couple of people to find a stool or chair, Emma was no doubt still talking to the bar owner and making arrangements for the night and buying them supplies for tomorrow when they'd set out on a relatively easy first job. "So where a'ya folks from then?" Ruby said cheerfully as she poured a round for herself and glanced at everyone as if to ask if they'd like a glass of their own.

While this was going on Emma was indeed still downstairs chatting to the owner. They had been good friends once upon a time but now rarely had the chance to catch up, as Ruby had predicted Emma was discussing the purchase of some extra supplies for their group as well as a couple of rooms for them to rent out upstairs for the night. "And you're sure you don't have any sandtrousers left?"
"I'm sorry Em I really am, but they've all been rented or bought, I know a guy who breeds them but it might be a little out of your price range for now."
"It's ok, you've already done this much for us and even put up with my little group moping around your bar for the last few weeks, I'll head upstairs now, please let Sam know when he comes back in."
"Will do."

With that, the Delsaurian headed up after the other group, glancing back at the odd fellow who stayed behind claiming his friend would be along any minute, it felt genuine but she knew all too well that some people were great at acting this stuff. "Hey if your friend swings by, let him know we're upstairs ok?" She said over her shoulder with a flat tone before heading up to get herself a strong drink.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back