• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Crew wanted for the good ship "indomitable"

Sort of, but without stats or dice rolling. Usually the GM or thread creator posts what the NPCs are doing, although it's best to get advice from faction managers if you're going to post for that faction's NPC (like, if you have Star Army of Yamatai characters, I'd like to be consulted).

From my experience, not really, the roleplay is always done in turns and the actions you can take are quite varied with little regulation and in posts that can vary in time posted. Meaning not everyone needs to be on on the same time. The actions you can do however are limited to your character and you/ the GM think about the most plausible outcome. For example a marine can't build a gun from scrap parts found in a lost fort if they never specialized in engineering or were a technician. At least that's I THINK it works.

Looks like @Wes beat me to it!

Sort of, but without stats or dice rolling. Usually the GM or thread creator posts what the NPCs are doing, although it's best to get advice from faction managers if you're going to post for that faction's NPC (like, if you have Star Army of Yamatai characters, I'd like to be consulted).
From my experience, not really, the roleplay is always done in turns and the actions you can take are quite varied with little regulation and in posts that can vary in time posted. Meaning not everyone needs to be on on the same time. The actions you can do however are limited to your character and you/ the GM think about the most plausible outcome. For example a marine can't build a gun from scrap parts found in a lost fort if they never specialized in engineering or were a technician. At least that's I THINK it works.

Looks like @Wes beat me to it!
Cool, a lot more "theatre of the mind" as it were. Are you thinking about joining the crew of the indomitable?

Cool, a lot more "theatre of the mind" as it were. Are you thinking about joining the crew of the indomitable?
Oh little me? Sure! I think I have enough time on my hands to make a factionless character while I wait for the Green light to be given on the NSS Inquiry. Best and least embarrassing way to learn is with others like you after all! You are going to GM?

Open RPs don't require character approvals but you may want to do it anyway to make your character canon (and eventually portable to other Star Army RPs).

I can also try to help out with looking over character profiles, or answering questions. You can always jump into the Chat and poke around there for assistance, too.

Well, I haven't really figured out how to put the character into your Guys system yet & I still need to read through the links Wes sent me so I can flesh out the indomitable. Thanks for being so helpful, it really makes a newcomer feel less daunted by the years of previous contenuity

We can always help you brainstorm. And if you can just give us enough details, we can always set you up a basic wiki page. Then once that's ready it's a lot easier to simply plug words into the appropriate fields to flesh out a character.

If you create a page in the character: namespace I actually have it set up to automatically fill the page with a blank template.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back