• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Daisy II Power Armor

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission Type: Power Armor
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:daisy_m6_2a

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? Yes, Wes, about a year ago.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes:
Impactor
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Designed primarily for the upcoming Fifth Fleet plot, a major update and replacement to the Original Daisy I.

The Daisy II accessories page currently has unapproved items on it, but those items are not yet ready for approval, so please do not review them.

How do you justify giving the Impactor its DR? Why would a handheld unpowered melee weapon be more powerful than hand grenades?

"it's" <--- STOP (MIS)USING THIS CONTRACTION IN SUBMISSIONS. See Its vs It's and learn it! I fixed a large number of these errors.

Can we use the same art as the old DAISY or is new art needed?

The article appears to have text copy-pasted from other articles (like the old DAISY) -- this is not allowed.

The Impactor doesn't have a listed DR; It has a structure point rating, meaning that if something that does DR2 damage hits it, it's toast.

We can use the old Daisy art for the time being, as the Daisy II doesn't look significantly different in its basic form, especially from the front.

As for those sections- they may look like they've been copied from other articles but I can assure you that they have all been re-written from the original. Any time we used anything that was Identical, we have tried to Link it rather than post it in the page.

They are not copy-pasted Wes, I've looked at the Daisy article from time to time as Kai has worked on it and the systems lised, while simliiar to the original Daisy, are largely rewritten.

Alright. Please change the "DR" to "Damage Capacity" and list its value in SP. DR is only for the damage value of weapons.

Please put the reviews of this on hold as we add in some items that we had forgotten, which were kindly pointed out by ShotJon.

The edits we needed to make have been made, please continue to review this submission. Thank you.

The shield description is confusing -- it sounds like the original rounded (elliptical) LAMIA shield is being described, not the one we see in the DAISY art (can we use that old art for this, too?). Also, I think storing anything significant on the shield (like drones) is going to be bad ergonomically.

What's up with the implication that the "Pawn" suite is better than AIES? AIES has been developed, improved, and fine-tuned for much longer. And the Pawn Article is obviously plagiarized from the AIES one.

The Shield is supposed to be more or less the same as on the Original Daisy, with the main difference being the drone storage added. The drones are quite small, and since the Shield is mounted on an armature rather than handheld, they wouldn't get in the way.

As for the PAWN Vs. AIES thing- we went over both of the systems, and discovered that the PAWN has a broader range of sensor types, as well as a greater detection range. Plus the PAWN has a full AI, which the AIES lacks. The AIES is more refined and the less expensive of the two, but the PAWN seems to be more powerful, along with a greater spectrum of sensor types and range. The PAWN basically takes the place of the SAS model of Daisy I.

Magazines already are stored on the Daisy's shield. Switching those for drones is easy.

Also, AIES is full AI — it's just not as powerful as CIES, and CIES is a great deal stronger than PAWN.

Is the AIES a full AI? I cannot find any part of the AIES article which states that, only that it is based on the same concept as the MEGAMI, EIES, CIES, and so on.

But yes, As Doshii says, CIES, and indeed all other IES variants, are significantly stronger than the PAWN, it just happens to be stronger than the AIES itself, at least in the Sensor department. Whether or not it processes at the same rate is up for debate, but I'm not going to make any claims either way at this point.

I think as long as you change the text so it's an alternate system, rather than an computer upgrade I think it'd be fine. You can note how the PAWN has a bigger set of sensors.

AIES can support an AI, but most pilots don't use a full AI, just the combat OS.

Most of the times I tried to portray a power armor having an AI, my players were uncomfortable with it. So, I eventually just gave up except with Nyton, whom actually seemed to enjoy identifying more to his power armor in the same way I characterized Miharu.

changed the wording from "offers a significant improvement" to "Offers a broader spectrum of sensor types, as well as increased sensor range"

I feel the rest of the existing wording makes it clear that it is simply an alternative with better sensors than an all around better replacement.

Now we've got to get art for it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back