• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Damage Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
"I'm sure you're all well aware of the reason I called this meeting," A stern female voice announced. Several Nekovalkyrja and Geshrin men and women sat at a large conference table, only after Ayame and her husband were seated.

"Empress Ayame," one of the men spoke, "The events which are taking place in Nepleslia are unacceptable. The Empire must take swift, decisive action to ensure such travesties do not continue."

"I agree. First, we must assess the damage and account for those responsible," Ayame nodded.

Emperor Uesu seemed in a darker mood than usual lately. As head of SAINT, it was his job to present the facts, "What I am about to say must not leave this room."

The senate nodded in compliance.

"The destruction of the building in Nepleslia was reported by our agents as being caused by one of the Star Army's aeroshuttles," Uesu announced. "Futhermore, a variant of the Mishhuvurthyar species has been attempting to infect the empire's largest city."

There was a sudden commotion of anger and discomfort in the senate. "Why didn't the Nepleslian government say anything?" the Albinian senator asked, his eyes changing color with his mood. All of the senate looked to the brown-haired man that spoke for Nepleslia.

"We have," Senator Whitman said, "enough means of our own to deal with the situation without causing worry for the rest of the empire."

Kessaku Eris, the soft-spoken senator for Hoshi no Iori, spoke quietly, "The more immediate concern is the negativity this will have on the Star Army's image. There is more dissent than ever in the Empire, mostly rooted in the Nekovalkyrja population increase. Enemies of the Empire will seek to capitalize on this."

"Our military is well-trained and disciplined. Who would cause such a horrible disaster?" Ayame asked, clearly very upset.

"An Elysian in the Star Army...Tyriel Lethes," Uesu answered.

"Oh!" Ayame moaned in despair. "Is he in custody yet?"

Uesu shook his head. "He's aboard YSS Ongaku, one of the new Type 27 Scout Ships that has been sent to do reconnaisance in Mishhuvurthyar-controlled space."

"This is so terrible for the people's trust in the Star Army," Eris sobbed.

"There is," Uesu smirked, "A loophole."

Ayame raised her eyebrows.

"A ship crashlanded nearby around the time of the building's collapse. A civilian version of the Yui 2 Scout, not unlike the Bellystabber series raider ships. It belongs to a suspected group of...radicals, going by the name of Nairan."

"Rebels? Were they involved?" The Albinian senator asked.

"That's what we'll tell the empire," Uesu suggested. "Pin the attack on them, and let them face the hate of Empire."

Ayame interjected, "But what about this Elysian? We can't let him go unpunished."

"I'll have him disappear. All alone in enemy territory, no one will think anything of it when their ship is lost in action."

Ayame nodded, "Who else is on the ship?"

"A Juni and a few new recruits."

Embittered by the deaths of thousands at Tyriel's hands, Ayame agreed. "I'll leave to to you, my love."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back