• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SANDRA Daring Deep Space Raid Liberates Star Army Captives, Ketsurui from Kuvexian Clutches

(SANDRA) 28日 9月 YE 42 - Star Army forces from the Third Fleet and the Rikugun successfully conducted an audacious Shigatsu 20日 raid deep within Kuvexian territory aimed at rescuing imprisoned Uchuugun soldiers, including a member of the Yamataian Imperial family. Recently declassified reports indicate that Ketsurui Aiko, a Taii in the Star Army, was held captive alongside two crewmates from the YSS Kaiyō II by a Kuvexian slaver-baron for over a month prior to being freed.

"No horror in the Interstellar Kingdom's arsenal can compete with Yamataian resolve," Ketsurui-taii said in a Yuletide interview on the Kuvexian front. "I will always hold with me the most solemn gratitude for the brave Rikugun warriors and my fleet compatriots who risked their lives to stand against Kuvexian brutality."

Together with Ittô Heisho Fujiwara Saya — who gave birth during captivity — and Nepleslian exchange soldier Private William Sanders, Ketsurui-taii was detained at a bloodsport arena. She and Sanders were forced to fight in gladiatorial bouts for the entertainment of Kuvexian nobles and the Kingdom's masses. To their credit and the credit of Kikyo Sector military might, the pair remained undefeated throughout their bondage.

The Star Army action to release them and destroy the Kuvexian slaving operation hosted on the coliseum-station where they were held occurred during one such arena duel. Fujiwara-heisho's youngling was also pressed into combat during this fight. Spearheaded by their crewmates aboard the YSS Kaiyō II, the raid culminated in the installation's destruction and its administrator's capture at the hands of Ketsurui-taii.

"The establishment of the Star Army of Yamatai's base near enemy space meant we could intercept broadcasts of our missing crewmen's arena fights to locate them," said Chusa Taiyou Hoshi, captain of the Kaiyō II, which is a Fuji-class expeditionary gunship that is part of the First Fleet. "From there, long range sensors allowed us to gain insight into how to access and dismantle the station undetected. Without this forward operating position, we may not have been able to find our people."

Rikugun soldiers from Legion 777 backed the Kaiyō II's efforts to retrieve their imprisoned Star Army comrades. The legion, notable for its unmatched concentration of former Ketsurui Samurai who chose continued service to the Star Army following their order's official separation from the military, suffered minimal losses during the operation. It is commanded by Shôshô Uzume, herself a trained Ketsurui Samurai.

"The Star Army will never abandon even one soldier or citizen it is capable of saving," Uzume-shôshô stated in a SACN communique. "And my Rikugun hohei will never forget the oaths many of us once took to the Ketsurui Clan. We were honored at the opportunity to serve the Empire's leaders so directly once again."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back