• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character David 'Speedy' Harbinger (First character)

MAD

Inactive Member
I'm sure I've made more mistakes this time, but re-revised bio is here.

Name: David 'Speedy' Harbinger

General Information

Species: Nepleslian

Family / Creators: Gabriel Harbinger (Father)

Employer: Nepleslian Army
Current Assignment: N/A

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6'3
Weight: 170 lb.
Measurements: No comment
Bra Size: Hey, I'm a guy! Geez...

Build and Skin Colour: Thin but muscular, with tan skin.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: He has green eyes, but one of them is cybernetic, with a scar on that side of his face, he also has a goatee.
Hair Colour and Style: Blond, kept relatively short.

Distinguishing Features: He has a tatoo that resembles a crow with the hilt of a sword cluched in it's talons, located on his right bicep. (See history) Cybernetic left arm, and right eye

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Impatient, dour, and excitable. He got the nickname 'Speedy' because of his preferred use of the 'quick fix' blowing it down, pick up the pieces later. He can be seen wearing a techie uniform.

Dislikes: Banality and EMP weapons (They disable his cybernetics)
Goals: Not sure, probably just getting a good rank, and not to be killed.

History

Family:
David is a native to Nepleslia, he has no knowledge of his biological family, the only 'true' family he had was a gang known as the 'Blade Crows' and he has a tattoo to prove his former loyalty.

Tasks and losses:
His tasks in his gang was as a hacker, demoman, and general communications guy, plus he has seen action, so he can hold his own in combat. He also lost his left arm and right eye in gang wars, and with his various 'sources' managed to get them replaced with cybernetics, his arm was fitted with a 12” long blade so he whould always have a weapon. He learned maintenance so he could perform upkeep on his arm and eye, and melee combat due to the nature of his gang.

Downfall and redemption:
He became a member of the Nepleslian military after his gang was destroyed in its last war, and he was trained as a tech sentry because of his knowledge in mechanics, exposives, combat, and info tech.

Skills

Maintenance and Repair
David is practiced in cybernetic maintenance, and is trained in general starship and power armor maintenance. Not being an expert at these, he can at lest keep them running under normal operational parameters.

Fighting
David has been trained in blades and light sidearms from his experience in gang wars, using the blade in his forearm as a katar. (punching dagger) In his training as a tech sentry, he also learned power armor operation, and the use of heavier sidearms.

Physical
David is in excellent physical shape and has considerable endurance.

Communication
David is well versed in English, and has use many forms of communications, including E-mail, instant massaging, radio, etcetera.

Survival
Survival is kind of needed by all Nepleslian soldiers, and David is no exception. If he needs water, he’ll know haw to find it, if he needs shelter, he know how to make it, if he needs food, he’ll know how to hunt it.

Demolitions
David always had a fascination with explosives, and had spent time as the demoman for his gang, then he learned how to detect and dispose of explosives as part of his demo training with the army.

Information Technology
David has been using the NSA OS for most of his time as a hacker, being able to ‘acquire’ info for his gang, and that became useful when dealing with consoles and computers that use the NSA OS.

Other notes: His left arm has a 12” blade concealed in the forearm, (Deployed by a pressure plate in the palm) It’s not meant for dexterous work, it’s mainly meant as housing for his blade, and to provide high strength behind his punches. It has a maximum carrying capacity of 300 lbs. before is starts to fail, 375 lbs. before it brakes. His right eye sees in IR, it looks like it is glowing green.

Looks good, other then you need a family. Just saying unknown won't do. Please wait for other people to look this over. While you are waiting, you can submit your contact info.

A good first character overall. Maybe your skills and history need to be fleshed out. A little bit of spellchecking needs to be done and that's all...

Hold on, is that an avatar from a character from Avernum? I play that game too.

Ok, running it through the spell checker now, I'll have the revised version up soon.

And yes, I took a screen-shot in Avernum, and edited it to make my avatar, I make avatars on my spare time.

Welcome to SARP.

1. You need to write out what your cybernetics do. Basically, they shouldn't do much -- you're a new player, so the power of your character's meant to be limited.

2. Go back to the skills in the CCG and make sure you have the skills you need for the Nepleslian Army. I think the ones you have listed aren't quite right, mostly because you deviated from the boilerplate text. I'm glad you're willing to do that, but keep with the standard text for now. It keeps down on precedent-setting behavior.

Other than that ... pretty standard bio. You'll fit right in, methinks. Don't forget to talk to one of the GMs of Nepleslia (Sub, Kokuten and MoonMan) to see where you'll actually fit.

This character is in progress.

He means the specific wording of the skills from the templates and the wiki:
Like Here.

Maintenance and Repair

This character is familiar with and able to fix most problems with starship components and to an extent, systems. While not necessarily well-versed on how a part functions and the theory behind each, they will be able to keep things operating within normal parameters.

Fighting

Your character received intensive hand-to-hand combat training (primarily focused on disabling and/or killing opponents) and has followed up that knowledge with a rigorous training program. Weapons he is trained in include pistols of all types, knives, grenades (and other forms of explosive weaponry) and rifles of all kinds. The character is also able to pilot land-based power armors, but must rely on the suit’s A.I. to do anything advanced

Physical
The character is in excellent physical shape and has considerable endurance.

Communication

Your character is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, ships, ground vehicles, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Your character is fluent in Nepleslian. He can speak and write it correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc. The character is skilled in field communications and is proficient in all rudimentary forms of communication (hand signals, flashing lights, etc).

Survival

The character knows how to survive in hostile environments. He can build shelters, hunt and forage for food, build a fire, etc. The character can camouflage himself and is familiar with guerrilla warfare tactics.

Demolitions

The character can identify, manufacture, handle and dispose of explosives. With the proper tools, he can detect and disarm enemy explosives as well.

Information Technology

The character has in depth knowledge of either the D.E.I.M.O.S. or NSA OS. He can operate any computer system that uses it, including all Star Army starships. He is lightning-fast at entering and/or searching for information. He knows how to find anomalies within the operating system and correct them. He can detect and counter attempts to hack or sabotage the computer system. The character can (with adequate time and access to a terminal) diagnose and repair problems with the starship’s Artificial Intelligence.

Kim's the superior reviewer, as you can see. She actually shows people things, where I just rattle on. *grins*

This is a good example of how your skills need to read. You just copypasta'd what Kim gave you, and that's not going to cut it when you wikify the bio. Clean it up, good sir.

Also, you didn't include his cybernetic abilities when you started. You just told us he had them. I'll buy his arm has no pain receptors, and I'll accept that one of his eyes can see in infrared. He's not concealing an 18-inch knife in there, however.

Make those adjustments, and make sure someone's going to accept you into a plot. Then your character will be accepted.

Heh, yeah, I know I'm being a bit deficult with this... I'm just so used to just ordinary pencil&paper RPs, this is just harder because there is no GM to constantly barrage questions to... I mean there are GMs, but it's harder to contact them.

*nods* It's all good. It takes a little time, but you keeping at it proves to the community that you're worthy of the investment and that you want to join up.

MAD said:
Heh, yeah, I know I'm being a bit deficult with this... I'm just so used to just ordinary pencil&paper RPs, this is just harder because there is no GM to constantly barrage questions to... I mean there are GMs, but it's harder to contact them.

You could bug them through YIM, its faster than forum PMs, I say. :D
Welcome to Nepleslia!

Fianedit: Alternatively, a lot of us hang out in IRC. Like now.

Doshii note: I did not approve of the knife, nor the lifting capacity of his arm, and because it is not bonded and reinforced, lifting stuff that heavy is going to put strain on the lifting joint and possibly rip it off.

because it is not bonded and reinforced, lifting stuff that heavy is going to put strain on the lifting joint and possibly rip it off.
Yeah, so be careful with that arm, or your game-master has the right to roll for injury.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back