• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Deceivers (Yulips)

Lijosu

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=species:deceiver
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Non-Playable Factions
  2. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Deceivers (or Yulips) are a species I've been working on for a while that are based around the concept of a pseudo-human species that has the ability to make itself strongly resemble other pseudo humans.

The idea itself requires cooperation with many other FMs because a part of the idea is the use of other species in yulip culture due to their blatant xenophilic attitude.

The plan for this species is to keep it as non-playable for the time being until I know that other people are definitely interested in playing as them. I may make an example character and use it in the future to show off and advertise but until then the idea will just be sitting on the shelves. Once I am confident people are interested in the species they are planned to be discovered in-character, at which point they will side with a large faction (such as Yamatai or USO) and become playable. For this reason, the two pages I have written are intended to serve the purpose of adequate summary until I can rightly create more pages to more accurately represent information about yulips. Know that despite this, none of the information I am giving you is nonfactual or over simplified.

I believe this species will make a welcome addition to the Star Army setting due to their complexity in character and the relative lack of species that use the same subtlety in design that I feel I have achieved with this species. Subtlety being of key importance to a species based entirely around stealth.

The relevant FMs (who I have already contacted personally for convenience) are: @Kai (Origin) @Jack Pine (USO) @FrostJaeger @META_mahn (Elysians) @Soresu (Iroma and the Astral Commonwealth) @Wes (Yamatai & Everything else of relevance)

May the reviewing begin!

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Having the WIP links at the top would be nice. Additionally, not sure whether this counts but @Wes has stated no more pseudo-human races are being accepted due to their massive overabundance.

At the top of the post or in the submission URL?
Because I couldnt get them to go in the submission URL and I wasn't sure what that box was for.

EDIT: We'll see what Wes says about them being pseudo-human. If he says no (which would be a bit misleading because he seemed to be in support of this idea) then I'll see what I can do about it.

Last edited:
Okay I think I may have fixed the issue with them being at the bottom. Thanks Wes for adding that thing with subarticles!

I’m going to start looking over this submission tomorrow, @Lijosu, and apologies for the delay; I know reviewers aren’t allowed to claim articles, @Wes - but, well, it takes time to look over submissions as large as this one. >.<

Thanks for keeping me up to date.

It didn't occur to me the size of it. I guess when you've looked over something a dozen times you get pretty familiar with it.

Last edited:
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. @Wes, @Legix, @META_mahn, @Soresu, and @Zack - the Faction Managers of the Yamatai Star Empire, the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, the Elysian Celestial Empire, the Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth, and Uso's Star Organization, respectively - need to post their approval of the submission in this thread due to the mentions of their factions in the submission's History section.
  2. Although not required for approval, @Kai - the person in charge of Origin Industries - should also post his approval of the submission in this thread due to the mention of Origin Industries in the submission's History section.

Note: This review includes the The Tenet sub-article.

In my official opinion, having abundant information about something does require FM approval, @Zack - thus all of the aforementioned FMs must approval of this submission before I can formally approve it.

There is no mention of the Nesh either because I was against his faction somehow knowing of the Nesh, though my official reason is because there is no roleplay to justify it. (I'd have approved the notion *if* there was some manner of roleplay, but a brand new faction? Sorry, I can't see that.)

For the sake of clarity, can you please explain these?

1. Please explain how the shape-shifting works, so that we can be sure that it isn't magical.
2. Please explain, at least in some fashion, how this faction was able to gather an abundant amount of information on others when there is no previous role play to justify such things. This should also include what information the faction knows. Do they know military stuff? Or is it just civilian level? These are things that the FM's themselves need to know, since a lot of FM's *do* have measures in place to guard their military from easedropping.

Edit: This post originally had a checklist, but for some reason there are posts missing from this thread and one of those included Frost's checklist, I have removed my own.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back