• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Decimal-Style Notation for IC Calendar Dates

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
After I was playing around with some generators trying to make them write wiki fluff, @Yuuki pointed out that it used decimal notation for years and months.

For example, the ninth month of YE 43 could be written as 43.9. Since there's only 9 months on the Yamataian calendar, this format works especially well.

The current main format looks like 31日 9月 YE 40 and the main issue is that since most of us are using English keyboards we have to copy-pasta the day and month characters.

My suggestion is to transition to using a format YE 40.9.31 to make things easier to type. The old format could still be used if preferred.

If you like this idea, please upvote it using the arrows (to the right of the post on most templates or underneath it on narrow/mobile view).

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I could see the old style one being used on official papers and the decimal one used more day to day.

That being said I have a Japanese IME and extensive experience using it but even then I have to switch contexts.

I simplified mine by using a ##D ##M ##YE method, but I can see this working.
I'd definitely use this format on time stamping threads. Count me in! :3

Oh wow, that's a ton of upvotes! I'll implement this starting in 2022.

I think that using decimals could possibly cause some confusion due to it being more commonly associated with normal numbers rather than ways to write dates, and offer d/m/y method for an alternative, for example 15/3/43.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back