• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Demilitarized Power armors

I am also interested in this question.

I know Demons are available, and perhaps Super Demons...

And while Super Phalanx are, they cost a CRAP load of money, to where most civilians can't afford them.

I'm wondering if the older Mindy 1 is available...

I was under the impression that most if not all Mindy's were converted to newer versions, at least that's what the consensus of some long ago IRC discussion on the matter was. Though I am pretty sure you can find just about anything except some of the higher-end KZ armors on the black market if you pay well enough.

for some reason, I was under the impression that the Mindy M1 was still used in the YSA, though as a sqaud leader type unit. I'm thinking it's probably more like a special issue. But that's just the impression I got.

It might be a good idea to check up on this. Obviously, the type of situation for non-military to have power armor is rare... but when I created my characters I didn't know too much about Power Armor until roughly the time I made Dhaval (who almost started with a suit of it, instead going with an armored EVA suit). I know as a fact there's like one or two suits that could be recommended due to their price range for new, independent characters. Emyrs has one and then I believe there was at least one other.

TLDR: this could be a good addition to the Independent Player guide in terms of equipment. A more updated ruling/finding, anyway.

I was also wondering if we could have non-military power armor, I mean it would work great in construction occupations and i'm abit surprised we don't have much much weaker but civilian types. This might also allow some pirate and merc groups to try and out fit these and use them for military purpose even if they would be weak.

I know a lot of times military hardware then gets rolled into civilians products, I mean after ww2 motorcycles, jeeps, surplus trucks got sold to civlian companies and also they brought in civilian models so couldn't we do the same for power armor ?

I would not go with calling them power armor, my idea or vision that I have when I hear power armor is an upgrade of a soldier trying to protect, defend and charge the enemy with the equipment it requires to do the job. Minimal effort, max results or something. I would go more with the term of calling it Exo-suits short for exoskeleton suit. But I do agree that civilian companies like construction and mining companies would use such equipments.

I also have a non Military Power Armor in the form of my ANT Power Armor, just need to get them approved.

Back in 2007, the Ironman movie that debuted the Marvel Cinematic Universe hadn't come out (and would come the next year). It was a civvie armor, it was for Toshiro's plot, and that stuff back then was easily waved along since we wanted more civvie stuff and didn't care if the armor was named after some obscure superhero.

We probably also, somehow, didn't know better. Perhaps a name change is in order?

Steeldude? Ferroperson?

I mean, maybe it was named after the Black Sabbath song.

But seriously, Disney's lawyers are known to be the most aggressive IP people around, and Disney owns Marvel, including Iron Man. Is there another name we could use, @Toshiro ?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back