• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Democratic Imperium Of Nepleslia Appreciation Thread.

SchererSoban

Office of post cheer.
Convention Veteran
RP Date
-
RP Location
-
Hello everyone, Scherer Soban from community staff to start off a fun new thread and a thing we are going to be trying out for abit. What that of course is faction appreciation threads. What those are of course is for us the wonderful people of Sarp to show our love of the game and of course the wonderful content our players have made over the years. Now I will ask also that for everyone that is posting to please just keep it to the things you love about the factions without downplaying any of our other factions. I know we have abit of patriots in the audience but let's keep it to the fun parts.

So before I get into why I love the Imperium of Nepleslia I guess we should talk abit about the faction. The factions main info of course is here Imperium of Nepleslia Faction article but i'll give abit of a summary. The Imperium of Nepleslia of course is a mainly populated by Nepleslian who are well human but they may have mutant DNA or even some Alien bits. They seem to love modifications to there body with cybernetic enhancement to help brave the darkness of a cold and unforgiving galaxy. Though there are other species including ID-Sol the first bio-engineered soldiers or the ancient but awesome reptilians the Delsaurian. Now other also exist but I leave that to our intrepid wiki explorers to show it off.

Now another neat fact is the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia also has the second largest military in the Kikyo Sector. The Star military is broken down into several corps like the Nepleslian Star Navy and the Space marine corps. Many describe as some of the most professional military forces in the known galaxy, with a grit and know how that can make them true reapers on the battle field. To support them there is also the feared Intelligence and Pacification group, who are the eyes, ears, and at time the silent dagger to save the Imperium from the many untold threats in the galaxy.

Another neat fact is the faction is also one of the few organizations that openly allow mercenary corporations and companies to work freely in there borders. This is awesome since you don't have to be part of the standing military but still have a chance to battle pirates or maybe even get some jobs from the government. I mean this gives a unique aspect and for those wishing some freedom to explore the star, make some loot this might be the life for you.

Now that is very brief summary of some awesome aspects of the faction but there is so much we can all explore and I bet our players can point out some much bigger and more awesome things to show off. Now as I promised I want to show off why I love the faction.

1580268634635.png1580268663351.png
The Uniforms

This might be a weird thing to like but to me a uniform that is part of the military speaks abit about the nature. One thing I love about the uniforms is to me its simplicity but also of there practicality. The uniforms are set for both male and females (No binary and the like as well) and speaks to them being committed to there cause. The art work even the chiba art speaks of a almost defiance or a cold indifference to the void of the galaxy. So I really like this aspect and makes me want to make a new Star Navy character and get in on the void action.

1580268969844.png

The Air 2 Lancer
I don't know why this power armor speaks to me on such a primal level. The Air 2 Lancer is a older design but is designed as a high speed close combat monster. To me just looking at it speaks of it murderous intent and I wish when I join Sarp I made a plot that involved this beast (I might do it still). Though now in limited use by the military its still a stable combatant that has proven it self on many battlefields the Imperium has fought. Neat fact is it main weapon is like the suits name sake, a lance. A large blade that is designed for those line shattering charges.

1580269375570.png
The Punk Buster Battle Cruiser
A ship still being approved but to me tell's the design philosophy that might be coming up in the navy. Designed to be a fast hard hitting battle cruiser for a changing time in the galaxy. Though still a slugger in the battle lines, it's speed allow it to keep up high tempo of combat and maneuver warfare that is more common in her enemies and other threats of the sector. She is also holds a respectable amount of fighters and bombers including the Sabre Muiltrole. This allows it to expand its mission profile and could even see it used as a raider if they wanted to follow a hit and run formation.

So here is just some of the stuff I love about the faction and I want to here from our players what they love! I also invite both the faction managers and the game masters to advertise there plots. Not only can you show off the awesomeness helping out on your Nepleslian plot but maybe you can show off some cool hardware and items you love for your plot. Lastly lets keep this positive other wise you know the IPG is watching ;)

Thanks again for reading and looking forward to what everyone posts.

Attachments

• 1580268624447.png
    1580268624447.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
I shall be brave enough to step up for the first reply.

what I loveablut Nepleslia is the overall aesthetic of the place, it can be verynitty gritty at times but it can also be professional in some rare instances like the military, when it comes to making a nepleslian character you’ve got a large range of backgrounds and looks to choose from along with virtually any cybernetic you can think of so long as its not overpowered.

Lets not forget about the awesome job char has been doing trying to fill in the gaps recently as well, and amongst all that he’s still got time to look after his players for his plots and start some interfaction diplomacy.

I shall be brave enough to step up for the first reply.

what I loveablut Nepleslia is the overall aesthetic of the place, it can be verynitty gritty at times but it can also be professional in some rare instances like the military, when it comes to making a nepleslian character you’ve got a large range of backgrounds and looks to choose from along with virtually any cybernetic you can think of so long as its not overpowered.

Lets not forget about the awesome job char has been doing trying to fill in the gaps recently as well, and amongst all that he’s still got time to look after his players for his plots and start some interfaction diplomacy.
Thank you Club I knew I could always count on our wonderful Fox Lord :) Really glad to see this cause I agree they do have some awesome cybernetics stuff you can grab. Also I agree Char does a awesome job and if I could ( of course if he does drink) I'd share a pint with him. Heck he did make one of my favorite Nepleslia ships :).

Now I thought i'd talk abit about some of the plots and maybe wiggle some of those GM's out to share why they love the faction.

NSMC 309th "Die Screaming"

The title of the plot just screams Nepleslia and that of course is Die Screaming. Following a core platoon in the search of restoring the Divisions Glory its a mixwarefare division. Taking on not only the elite ground pounders but also the Veterans known as Aquila flight. If I was to compare it to other universes its a mix of starship troopers with Rogue squadron. Right now focusing on the elite ground pounders right now the plot is battling on a place called the Garden of Thorns. A lavish and lush world turned ablaze by the fires of war. You can find its Wiki article here 309th and maybe ping @Charmaylarg Dufrain about some more awesome info about these elite marines.

13th Precinct.

Have you ever wanted to defend the citzens of a plant from the ultra dangerous criminals then you should check out 13th Precient. Taking DTR operators through the hell of Roger Wilco City it is police work at its finest. Fancied as all police work rolled into a swat van it has all it. You could be a EOD tech, Caine handler, or maybe the sly hacker in the backseat of a fan you have all sorts of options. So check out there page and maybe hit up the boss Char to see what is going on.

Crimefest

Now moving to the seedier parts of Funky City we have CrimeFest. Now before you enter the thread be sure to check your wallet cause this ragtag of criminals might just take it all. With some of the best titles on every thread it makes you feel like your in a old gangster flink. So if your thinking of trying something new and on the wrong side of the tracks maybe contact @SirSPT to if there is a opening in the crew and check out Crimefest's page.

NSS Highlander

A new and upcoming plot that promises to dive deep into exploration. Lead by GM @Firebrand it hopes to take a new experimentally ship out into the void. With it being newer I know it has a lot of posts and positions for many types of characters. Crazy Engineer down below? Gun tooting marine? Or maybe some one of the science postion there are many options ready. I would also recommend this since I know it has a lot of long term players that could help you if your maybe a veteran of another faction wishing to try somthing new or a new bright eye player. Be sure to contact Firebrand and know you want to sign up today.

So thought I post some plots and though I went a little basic in there I hope the Gm's will post and explain some of there plots. The faction has a wonderful mix of civilian and military plots so you should check all of them out.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back