• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Character Denlin Sagara (YSS Artemis)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello Kossilar! I run the Artemis, so let's get this handled.

On the whole, the profile looks good, however, a suggestion I would make for your sake (and most others when looking at the profile), would be to link two things. https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:standard_issue - The standard issue kit since that way you can readily see what gear you'd have issued to you without having to guess, since you'd just click a link and go. The other would be to look at https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:skills:common - the common skills that every member of the Star Army is trained in. You skill section kind of doesn't even acknowledge them. Once you've gotten both of those handled, let me know, we can see about any other changes that might need to be done.

Skills are usually bullet points.

Looks good. A little confused when Kai became a Minkan and if his parents were humans but that's on @Jack Pine : P

Also, Nepleslian is a race separate from human, if you want to be descended from ultra rare semi-mythical creatures.

I added standard issue gear to the character page. I did the skill section in that way because there was some confusion about which skills I was supposed to have as a new ranger. Apparently there's a maximum of 7 but Rangers need 10 in order to meet the requirements of their role. Its still not clear which specific skills I was supposed to add to the character.

Due to disagreements between myself and Koss over matters of this character on Discord, I am not approving this character for my plot, as I explained what I wished done in my previous post, and reiterated it on Discord. I was given an attitude about the matter and thusly, as he has shown a dislike of following instructions, I have no interest in having Koss on my plot at this time.

Thank you for your interest, I wish you the best of luck in any future works you do.

I sat in Discord and watched you have an argument with another member about how the Rangers have too many skills. I don't know what the resolution of that was, but you seemed to be breaking the site's character rules by asking me to make a character with 10 skills instead of 7.

Regardless, given that this is text-based RP that doesn't involve stats or dice rolling of any kind, it makes absolutely no sense to waste a new player's time on some kind of TTRPG character generation process when that time could be spent posting. I mean, you literally have templates for character creation, why don't they automatically assign gear and skills?

Come on Glein. I'm really fucking good at this and if you'll stop wasting my time; I'll make exciting contributions to your stories.

My request, was that you simply put in a link to the Star Army of Yamatai Common Skills page. That was it. No more, no less, as you had gone beyond what I said you needed to do for the standard issue equipment (which was the same as the common skills, and just put in a link), which I appreciated. You wouldn't have needed to change anything else. You began to state on the plot discord, I was giving you an attitude. I am fine with someone disagreeing with me. That leads to healthy discussion of matters. Straight up fighting me, is not something I want to deal with when I'm just starting up a new plot. Especially over a very basic request, which was, simply put in a link to the requested page. You chose to fight me on that.

I have been talking with Wes on the skills issue, and there is consideration on some possible solutions to the skills issue (Either leaving them as is, and having players 'finish certifying on the skills they didn't select at creation from the Ranger's list, or that the common skills themselves do not count to the 7 starting skills. At the time of my making this specific post, neither have been stated to be the de-facto solution). But until that solution is made, Wes stated that it is up to me, as the plot GM, to decide if the character did, or did not fit my plot. I made my decision based on how you were acting, and how you were making this process take a lot longer than it should have, because you were not interested in following a very simple instruction, for whatever reason.

If you are willing to work with me on this matter, and understand I wouldn't be asking you do something unless there was a reason for it, we can continue working on getting you into the plot. Especially on matters that will instead reflect on me as the GM (Such as having more skills than you technically should have as a starting character) that can, will, and should answer to why I made the decisions I did make. This is not my first plot, this is not my first forum, and this is not my first rodeo with having to answer for people's actions under my responsibility in a plot. Okay?

Character templates do have skills and gear linked:
20D3FA57-DE25-4883-BF52-0EE5F97E26A2.jpeg
I trust Glein to handle this further, but do want to point out that the wiki is not at a defecit in some way in guiding new players.

Deleted the character page since it was abandoned.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back