• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Develop A Mentor Program for Creators

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
I think we should develop a mentor program for new creators.

When someone new comes to the site and wants to develop an idea - faction, product, etc. We should assign a seasoned creator to them to serve as their mentor through their first 1-2 submissions. This would help provide encouragement for new players to create but at the same time make it so they aren't in it alone, and have guidance through their first submissions.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I am all about this because this is something I'm aspiring to for the site! And I ask a lot of questions lol

I might be a ...season creator in terms of character designing. But I know, and I mentioned this yesterday when I tried to get into equipment or shipbuilding that it can be very overwhelming and demotivating. So something like this is very welcome for new players to be guided by people that know more about the SARP technological side of things.

Since this has 7 votes, I am going to start work on a Mentorship Creator program. It will likely come after we tweak the reviewing guide so that it can come out with a fresh set of submission standards behind it. (New Submissions guide was implanted today)

@Wes

Love the structure, but there is a few points I want to say:
  • Experienced - They have submitted articles themselves through the Submissions process and have a working understanding of how the Setting Submissions Forum works.
    • I would add the character submission area also :)
  • A Good Mentor is:
    • I would at another bullet point to be an active listener and open to give constructive criticism
  • I am missing the character creation side in this mentor's guide. I mean character developing is quite important and can be very deep, I know as former Character Moderator :)
Hope it helps :D

I'm thinking that a Character Creation Mentor should probably wait until we have people motivated to actually fix the CCGs. As I've been screaming in other threads ;)

I will add your point about active listener, etc.

1611166689803.png

I'm thinking that a Character Creation Mentor should probably wait until we have people motivated to actually fix the CCGs. As I've been screaming in other threads ;)

I will add your point about active listener, etc.
Well I wouldnt mind being a mentor on the character department haha

Let's work on a Character Creation Mentor Program on the side of this. That way we can keep pushing for the CCG fixes. @RaWolfe

I approve and I think it's ready to go.

I will get this implemented fully

RPG-D RPGfix
Back