• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Development of Tatiana and Nataria

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
As far as I can tell their is no information at hand about Tatiana. Rob is meant to be the Senator of this planet, but and meant to keep in touch with it's devlopments and so forth, but in this case this is impossible because their is no information. Is this because the planet has not been created outside of the name?

If this is the case would it be alright if Rob and I create the planet, history, terain and indigenous people?

I believe Tatiana is uninhabited originally (no natives), unless Wes says otherwise. There's a military outpost there currently, I think, and possibly a colony in the works. I'm for Rob working on the system if he wants to devote attention to it.

Was the planet terraformed completely, or our their indigenous plants and animals there? Also the sister planet to this one, the one to which I am senator, is almost completely forested. Is this true for Tatiana also?

I've changed the name of the post to include Nataria so I can post any questions I have about that planet as well.

Was the planet terraformed completely, or our their indigenous plants and animals there? Also the sister planet to this one, the one to which I am senator, is almost completely forested. Is this true for Tatiana also?
There are plants and animals there, but they were artificially introduced. Before the Star Army, the sister planets were inhospitable chunks of rock.

Thats a shame. I was envigening massive trees the size of tall buildings, as wide as ... something really wide, with people possibly living in the upright hollows, and both very large and normal size animals scurrying through the massive canopy and the floor below. The entire world would have been in a near constant twilight from the ground, thanks to the trees. *Sigh*

I suppose their isn't anyway to make this happen? You know have trees designed for this purpose and introduced to the planet deliberatly. Specialy engineered wildlife, it could be a completely designed woodland, but nothing of the wildness would be removed because of that. Especially if, with the planets having miliatry roles, some of the plants being dangerous (animate, massively poisoness, very sharp thorns), and animals that although wild could be controlled by the planets military (this could be achieved through some form of pheremones, or even cybernetic chips on their bodies.

Tell me, am I rambling or is this possible (or allowed).

Ok, I was thinking much much bigger trees, different animals, possibly only found on the three planets that make up Tatiana, Nataria and the other one.

My other main questions of what people thought of it was the control over the animals and the animate plants (I'm thinking tendrils), poisons and super sharp vines.

The Star Army likes its worlds to be nice places to live. As I said earlier, there's no major threats on the surface--this includes plants. I suppose it'd be possible to control the plants to some degree, but most plants don't move, anyway. Why bother?

As for the massive trees, it's only been three years since the terraforming, so the trees that have grown are likely to be on the small side (though I imagine the first generation was made to grow faster than normal).

OK, biology of the planets has been brought to near-earth basic. By the way, Nataria is meant to be a defecnce world of some kind. Would this mean it would have a large fleet around it, offensive sattelites (aetheric, GWB) and a very large troop presence on the surface?

Until the Star Army can devote more resources to them, I'm afraid the outer planets are more like sacrificial trip wires right now. I don't think anything's gonna pop out from the edge of the map and attack us though. *knocks on wood*

Defenses should be concentrated on the front lines and major population centers, if you ask me.

I'm thinking the forces there would be a single YSSDF base and depot of some kind, and a YSSDF fleet equal to one Star Army division.

OK, so far we have a YSSDF base (which I could do with clarifying on the meaning of) and some form of arms depo. Good.

But what abour colonists, are there any? Are they discouraged becasue of the planets military stasis? If not the Warmaster worlds could be a good place for new inustries, or the expansion of earlier ones. I'm thinking Tatiana more than Nataria.

But what abour colonists, are there any? Are they discouraged becasue of the planets military stasis?
There are no civilian colonists on Nataria. Like some states on Yamatai, it's a world restricted to military personnel only.

Tatiana is open to civilians, though (so law as they're environmentally friendly, lol).

Oh that's just Dandy. I get a military controlled, defensive, highly issolated planet, while Rob gets a forested planet that is a nature lovers dream which will likely be developed into being a beautifull synthesis between man and nature.

Nah, I'm not bitter :lol:, the development opportunities for Nataria are limited by it's military restrictions, but I'll enjoy developing Tatiana with Rob. Expect the local government to be very ecologicly freindly.

I have been thinking of that actually. My idea of the enormous trees and so forth haven't quite left me yet. And a planet all of my very own ... worth thinking about. Yes I will start designing one, along with designing a NovaCorp HQ, writing an RP with my character, creating the last designs for the Gyroc, designing a PNUgen ship, and other ideas, combined with school work. Yep I'm doing quite a bit

Thanks for the link, I'm certainly going to look through it in depth and use the information inclosed when I come to make my planet and it's people (I think it's inevitable but it could take some time).

But what is a YSSDF base, by which I mean what sort of units and numbers would you expect to find there. I understand that I may well have to make all of this but I was just wondering if their where any precidents.

A YSSDF Base, hmm. Probably a rather large facility, mostly underground, with above ground facilities for starship, aircraft, and shuttle operations. Probably around 5,000 soldiers, 2000 of which are Mindy M2 or Kylie M3 Power Armor pilots.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back