• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Discord Global Emoji Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
Continuing from here, @Ametheliana, I have some additional questions:
  • How and when where “external emojis [...] being misused on the server”? As someone who’s been on the SARP Discord server virtually every single day in recent history, I do not recall any instances whatsoever in which external emojis were “misused on the server” by anyone.
  • Why wasn’t the community’s input consulted on something that - based upon the comments several other community members have made - did hold a “significant value to our role play and community experience”?
  • Why were other staff members not informed of this action? Another staff member, @Kai, said yesterday in the SARP Discord that he “honestly [had] no clue” about why they were removed and “wasn’t told about [their removal].”
  • Why was this action prioritized over responding to the - vastly more important, in my opinion - staffing thread? I know that Wes was recently blessed with a newborn child and that Thanksgiving was yesterday - but couldn’t another staff member have posted something (or, for that matter, anything) in the thread?

(Copypasted from discord)

Okay so I did some digging into permissions and stuff and I think I figured out (and hopefully solved) the Emoji problem. It looks like the two default role sets allowed the use of global emojis but none of the additional roles did. It seems that anyone with an additional role on top of their default role could only use the permissions of their most recent role change, so I went ahead and added global emojis to every role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back