• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed Discord JP Like Chat Integration

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.

Miko

🎖️ Game Master
Recently been thinking of new ways to interact with SARP which makes use of current technologies. This would not replace the current, just be an additional tool new and existing players could use.

SARP is a big universe with so many different holes to fall into. I am curious if we could make a room(s) which allows for RP chat which could then be posted to the forums. I'd picture there being an approval of some kind to be required prior to it posting. This would prevent a person from making an RP which conflicts with the GM plot for example.

The target would be to jump into RP faster. While we have open RP, most people feel they need to make a character, get it approved, then find a plot and so forth. All this time they are prepping to RP but not doing RP.

I'd personally use this to build out relationship with my characters. Picture it being 4-5 message between myself and another. Maybe more, depends on the topic but then we just post this straight to the site.

Mostly thinking outloud on this since I am not a web/API technical person so this might just be dreaming. None the less I want to see SARP feel open to everyone. This is an amazing place with amazing people. Sometimes I feel this is getting buried by the wall of stuff from the very long history SARP has been around.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure even where to begin and there's not been any upvotes for this idea so I'm closing it. If you have a method for doing it, I'd be happy to revisit this another time.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back