• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Discord Moderator Added Function

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
My suggestion is that discord moderators should be able to identify important discussions, especially those geared towards worldbuilding and development of the SARPiverse. I see a lot of times, some great awesome ideas get discussed in our #worldbuilding and other discord sections, but they lose steam on there and just disappear. It would be nice if maybe when a Discord Moderator sees an amazing suggestion, or a cool concept, or a discussion about fleshing things out that they could help direct people to make discussion threads here on the forum where those things can be discussed and worked on.

Something our lovely community has here is such an abundance of creative minds, it would be nice to see more of the cool stuff we talk about actually make it into development and I think directing hot or interesting topics into forum threads would be a great way of doing it. Discord is great for on the fly, but so much just gets lost in the scroll.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, and furthermore, how about we add something to the Discord rules like, "by participating you agree to let us copy your awesome posts or ideas from the Discord to our forum when we think they ought to be saved."

Remember posting here builds Star Army but posting on Discord builds Discord, an ecosystem we don't own or have full control over. If Discord ever goes out of business we would lose a lot of great SARP stuff.

Shoutbox of yore has often been something I refer back to when I forum search. Shoutbox was a one to one of everything said in the site's chat. Idk if a transcript is really wanted, but it's an idea! Cherrypicking ideas can then happen by anybody and anytime. Importantly, I refer back to the shoutboxes from decades past to see small tidbits of what can turn into great plot fuel. Allowing future SARPers the ability to see it all would be cool.

I looks like this idea is popular! We will implement it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back