• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Djinni Transatmospheric Fighter

Syaoran

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=items:djinni_variable_fighter
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I can't remember what article I used to base the template off of. And the ship is an entierly custom job, but it contains tech from all over the Iroma Commonwealth (@Soresu ), a weapon from Origin (@Kai ) and is also built on a Hoplite frame (@Wes ). The character that owns this is in the ISS Shinpi plot. (@Legix )

This was something I was supposed to do a while ago, but got really distracted, I tried to finally get it done.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't really mind Iroma-tech being used on this since you pinged me. I generally like to be kept in the loop about such things and thank you for it. :) I'd like to mention also you've misspelled 'can' here in this line: "It also is capable of transforming so that it cna perform ground operations. " I would fix it myself but I don't like to touch another person's work without permission.

Alright, and thanks, one of these days I will figure out how to get the auto spell check to just know what word I was trying to say and replace it for me XD

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. Would you mind adding something like "Variable Fighter" to the article's title, please? Just having "Djinni" in the title is a bit confusing, in my opinion, as it doesn't indicate what the article is.
  2. In order to adhere to the Style Guide, would you mind adding some text - a paragraph or so that describes the reasons for Djinni's design and elaborates upon its usage in combat, maybe? - to the About the Ship section, please?
  3. In order to adhere to the speed limitations of DRv3, would you mind reducing the Djinni's listed maximum atmospheric speed to Mach 5, please?
  4. What kind of sensors and communication systems are installed onboard the Djinni?
  5. What kind of (and how many) weapons can be attached to the Djinni's multi-connection hardpoints?
  6. @Wes, the Faction Manager of the Yamatai Star Empire, needs to post his approval of the submission in this thread due to the usage of the Ki-V1 "Hoplite" Variable-Configuration Fighter.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Apologies for the delay in reviewing this, @Syaoran. >.<

Oh didn't realize I missed the "About the ship" section. Made the changes, but on the hard points, to my knowledge there is no standardized system so I just included examples of what can fit. But there are 4 hard points (each can attach one thing) and they can carry things comparable to the Medium duty points Origin uses, or lighter. (The origin hard points are now referenced in the article)

Thanks for making the updates in such a timely fashion, @Syaoran; @Wes, would you mind looking this over, please? Your approval as the FM of Yamatai (due to the inclusion of the Hoplite) is the only thing this submission needs before I can approve it.

I think that the speed limits might not be a hard limit, but instead part of the guidelines. Maybe if a reason is given that it *can* exceed that speed this might be more acceptable to people?

Well I'm not too concerned with it's atmospheric speed. The point was just that it needed to be really fast in atmo for dogfights.

From the art of the quodr Is have figured that speed would be secondary to maneuverability so I guess it makes sense that it doesn’t push the limit in that area.

FM approval for the Hoplite use as long as there's some explanation on how it was acquired (they're hard to come by these days).

The hoplite was acquired a while back the Taipan bought it from one of the salvage sales. I was just really slow in getting an article out.

Here is the thread @Syaoran is referring to, @Wes, thus, I'm going to go ahead and approve this submission.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

As a reminder, please don't claim submission threads without posting a checklist. This is a recent change in the reviewer guidelines. Thanks!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back