• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Do you copy, over?

Miltonian

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
Hello to all the (hopefully) friendly people out there! Let's kick this intro off, shall we?

What do you call yourself?
Miltonian or Milton will be just fine.

How'd you find Star Army?
The great, all-knowing, and wise oracle of our modern age, Google.

What interested you in joining?
I run a Pathfinder game for some college friends. Problem is, I don't get to play. I tried Play-by-Post, but for some reason those games always fell apart on me. So, I decided to try something a little more free-form.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes, actually! A few years ago, I was part of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon rp where I played the dashing rogue Inari Goldfire. Unfortunately, it fell apart due to offline issues with the guy running it.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
Other than the ones mentioned before, I've won some minor awards for my writing. Nothing too major, just some site-based writing competitions. Hoping to turn some of that into an actual novel soon.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    Male, mainly. Mostly straight too. I am both male and straight and thus it is easiest for me to 'get into the head' of those sorts of characters. However, I am working on it. I just don't want to make characters who are unintentional parodies, you know? That's just rude.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Either. Both can be great. However, don't make it so planned that you aren't willing to explore interesting rabbit trails along the way.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Again, either, though civilians can be fun to play, especially in military settings.
    "Dear heavens! Everything is on FIRE!"
    "Yup."
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    Mostly the first three, though the last could be interesting. I suppose some aliens are anthros, so the line is thin there.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    I will go where the future leads. Though planets have less risk of explosive decompression.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Either, but I may not always be available for real time. I have a job and schoolwork to juggle. Forum is safer.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language:
    1-3. I'll probably stick to 1-2, but nothing phases me anymore. The last person I rented an apartment with used the highest levels of profanity like he'd forgotten how to speak without it. He also once murdered a chair. He was an interesting guy!
  • Violence:
    1-3, though I prefer not to get too graphic when it comes to torture. Something about the cruelty of it just gets to me. I'm a proud fan of Dead Space and Doom, though, so blood and gore don't bother me at all.
  • Sexuality:
    I'll go with 1-2. Not that I'm against 3, but it's a little strange when I don't personally know the person on the other end.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
A planetary invasion, either as the invaders or the victims, would be awesome. Kind of like some scenes from the Clone Wars.

Welcome to Star Army! I've started answering your question in the other thread you made and you should have gotten a PM (conversation) that I send all the new people, which has some useful info.

I'm glad you found us and I hope this will be a forum you love.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back