• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Doctor Farkas Amiri Vanth D.V.M., M.D. – [Section 6]

I have a couple questions. 1; Why is a star trek race referenced here? 2: how do you pronounce s/he? 3: What happens if someone doesn't know ahead of time about the pronouns?

edit: real talk, the pronunciation just really gets me curious.

Last edited:
I have a couple questions. 1; Why is a star trek race referenced here? 2: how do you pronounce s/he? 3: What happens if someone doesn't know ahead of time about the pronouns?

edit: real talk, the pronunciation just really gets me curious.
1. It was supposed to generally be intended as a common pop culture reference for comparison.
2. Does it really matter? However you wish to read it in your head is fine. If you're using a text-to-speech app, it'll probably butcher it anyway. Do you say "Once upon 'aye' time," or "Once upon 'uh' time? Do you say "thee" or "thuh"; "W-ah-shington" or "W-or-shington"
3. Can you give an example please? If you see a dog from the dorsal side and its tail hangs low, are you going to take a peek? I used to say that someone might assume that Vanth is whichever gender they are attracted to; if they are bi, they might figure hir gender out, or think Vanth looks androgynous. Usually the best thing to do is ask. Maybe, "I'm sorry, but I can't tell, which pronouns do you prefer?" Vanth is pretty laid back, s/he will not usually bark let alone bite... unless you're into that sort of thing.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back