• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Dual Nepleslia mini article Submission - Tengu Goggles and Safety Net shielding system

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Gimme yer approval @Charmaylarg Dufrain, article for goggles is just something I felt might be nice to have, I think there used to be a specific one for the NPF gear set so think of this as the replacement for that.

Lemme know if any changes are needed, cheers.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The golems goggles already offer IR/NVG but that's irrelevant since the tengu arent made exclusively for the golem armor, just wanted to point that out incase somebody else noticed.

The vest is something skully and i have spoken about previously and I've given my support for. Its not intended to be a new armor replacement, but a low profile system or technology to add to other armors and as a future tech-piece to be used in future articles. And while it can be worn, is not intended to need to be an entire piece of armor or clothing requiring a super in-depth article that would confuse the reader into thinking its an alternative to X or Y.

Both get my approval for nep.

I guess I goofed, it does add a tiny bit more functionality but I can link the Muur or something else instead if that's preferred?

It's kinda weird that a Nepleslian corporation is using a Yamataian word for a piece of equipment for use by Nepleslia's military. Bit of a mismatch.

I got told it's fine by big green himself, so unless Char voices any objection to it now then I'm going to keep it as is~

I honestly think @Wes should weigh in since it's a distinctly Yamataian word, which has even been used in canon RP to describe Yamataian things, and is ostensibly part of the Yamataian "Shintoism" religion. Faction identity is very important to maintain and this is basically Nepleslia not caring about faction identity. That's all I've gotta say. L8r.

Luckily such things are fixed by adding to a wiki page "//Not to be confused with the Tengu Goggles//" if anyone ever wants to make something with the same name in yamatai, as cool names are hard to come by.

If i decided to get antsy every time someone made their item or thing in English we'de be at it all day after all~

*Edit. Nepleslia is also a cultural melting pot with yamatain races living within it as well who all deserve to have their cultures represented and not censored. Its also not setting breaking or threatening to yamatai at all; The name of a pair of goggles is hardly an attempt at subverting yamatais culture compared to if it was a ship or a suit of power armor.

I literally have an indi/nep pirate corp that names stuff in yamataigo and never once heard a squeak about it~

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's so much "Nepleslia not caring about faction identity" as you edited into your comment but I didn't know a splash of multiculturalism was seen as a bad thing, the dude who made it is a Yamland-raised Nepper and it's not like the two factions bury their shared history or anything. I believe this is being made into a bigger deal than it needs to be but one easy fix is if I just give this open market product a nickname it goes by when bought by the NSMC or other Neppie forces. Or do you have something against that idea too?

Edit: oh, I just posted and saw Char's response after lmao

I mean, did you really need to though? ZA is owned by a French character and Yamatai has a few Korean characters despite being very much pushed as The Japan Faction, outliers are a thing.

God knows what else is hidden in the depths of the wiki.

I think you need to chill, and not pull the site owner into something as unimportant as discussing potential changes to funky name of some funky goggles, if they are needed.

degradation of faction identity

Cool goggles with a cool name are a threat to the very foundation of yamatain culture as we know it?

Nah i think the real threat to yamatai is the sites recent stagnation and how we can turn that around to reinvigorate the community and incentivize new players into staying and exploring our universe; Which should be a major issue to be tackled before we start to worry about minor non-issues~

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Various minor changes were made to fix sentence flow or grammar issues. You can check out the page's revision history to double check that, but very little was done.

Approved!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back