• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.
Hello there!

I'm an illustrator, animator and am happy to be offering my services to all you fine people here at Star Army.

I was introduced via r/ICanDrawThat on Reddit where I drew Aala Dash and Meissa Nashira (original posts here and here).

I am offering individual character portraits, group/crew deals, mecha, vehicles, bots, spacecraft, props, environments, and full scenes. NSFW A-Ok! I would describe my style as anime/manga influenced mixed with European clean-line aesthetic (Heavy Metal, Mobeius, Hergé).

I put together a sample and pricing guide here.
You can view more samples of my work on my portfolio.

Full-body character portraits start at $30 for B&W line art (which you can color yourself), $40 for flat color, $60 for full color and extra detailing.
Fur & Feathers are an additional $10.
Power Armor & extensive Cybernetic modifications may incur an additional fee depending on complexity.

I offer a group/crew deal of 3+ characters gets 1/2 price on the 4th character.

I'm not entirely sure yet how to price props, mechs, and spacecraft, but I'm willing to work out a deal with anyone interested so I can gauge how much time I spend on them.

I can also do animated gifs, with prices based on complexity. e.g., hair/clothes blowing in wind, facial expressions, lights blinking etc.

I give two rounds of revisions, after an initial sketch for approval, and before delivering final files. Additional revisions after that would incur a +$5 fee. Once final art is approved and payment is made, I will deliver 500dpi hires print files and 72dpi web version. Alpha transparent BG available if requested.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, feedback, just wants to introduce themselves, or of course commission requests. Please tell me honestly if I'm charging too much, too little, or just the right amount. If you've read this far down thanks for your interest. First person to make a character request gets it on the house :)

Cheers!
DUMBOyBK

StarArmy_Aala Dash_Sample_x3.png

Bronzi commission for @Ira which I'm pleased with the way he turned out. I've included initial sketch and inked line art. Note that I only found out he had three digits after coloring, the Neko was requested and is a lift from another artist.

Cheers!

ai.imgur.com_GW2cnTA.png

A B&W version seems interesting if it can be a transparent .png and if you're okay if we color it ourselves.

A B&W version seems interesting if it can be a transparent .png and if you're okay if we color it ourselves.

B&W line art on transparent BG is no problem.
I'd say $10 per gun type, extra illustrations of variants/attachments +$5?
Let me know what you think.

Star Army has hundreds of guns on the wiki, we need to come up with a list of the ones are actually used in RP and actually need new art.

That's a good idea. You should make an announcement in the fm area to submit a request for gun or two that needs art

What a worthy art project.

I suggest it be a gun people regularly use.

For example the only one I'd submit is the gartagen heavy gauss rifle

You could start with standard/common military issue, the M4A1, AK-47, M240 equivalents, then work your way down in batches. Do a poll or vote for favorites.

fetch.php

RPG-D RPGfix
Back