• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Duskerian Script (DS)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ no ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ no ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ no ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ n/a ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ n/a ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ no ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

What do you think a new and better destination URL would be, Jack?

I looked up graphene and it's difficult to produce. Does S6 have replication tech, maybe, that makes it easier to make?

Why is this only a tangible currency and not electronic? Is it electronically tradable?

A number of grammar errors may be fixed by me or I may talk to the creator about them privately.

@Wes needs to approve a new currency

To the best of my knowledge, @Ametheliana, Wes’ approval is not required for the currency itself - as, well, I approved this currency submission and never heard anything from Wes (or any other staff member, for that matter) about not being allowed to approve it.

Faction Manager approval is required for determining whether or not a faction accepts a particular currency - but that (and I’m not trying to be rude here, by the way >v<) doesn’t appear to be an issue with this submission, as the values it lists are what S6 accepts other faction’s currencies at.

Ame graphene is only difficult to produce by modern standards, but this is a sci-fi setting and NDC is well at a technology level that it's not for them. It's used in almost every ship and vehicle I've ever submitted. A slip of the stuff is not going to be as hard as to combining it with armor plating in submissions as I've mentioned.

As for the URL, it's in the namespace it needs to be, as this is in fact a government related article for Section 6.

Next on the list is grammar, which you'll have to be a bit more specific on I'm afraid.

Lastly, yes it is digitally tradeable, as anything used electronically has the corresponding amounts in notes simply removed from out of circulation, and placing them in a reserve. Once more resources are added, those notes are then put back into circulation to compensate, with more notes created if the amount of resources in the treasury exceeds the amount in notes that are in circulation and none are in the mentioned reserve.

I'd prefer to keep my namespace where it is. I already have a number of branches in the S6 namespace, government is where I think this link fits best.

I checked those out to make sure I wasn't disturbing too much, but are any of them approved?

Not that kind of branch Ame, talking namespace branches. I.E.:
faction:
section6:
government: military: guns: starships: armor: public: systems: ordinance: ammo: vehicles:
{Then everything under each of these "branches"}
The namespace is like a tree, the trunk being the home namespace that has all the parent namespaces listed, I.E. factions, technologies, etc. Each branch leads to somewhere, and that thick branch may split off into other smaller branches, then tree limbs, and finally the twigs(articles). It has to be kept ordered, and part of that is keeping the number of limbs to only what's needed. putting currency in a one entry limb doesn't keep with that. Since a currency is a important aspect of a government, it would make more sense to be placed there where it already is.

Nepleslia has theirs under economy, yamatai doesn't have it under a limb even. Unless this is a rule, I prefer to keep it where it is.

I'll add that to what I will think on in the next day and will get back to you within 24 hours from now. Thanks, Jack.

With all due respect, @Ametheliana, what is wrong with its current destination? As long as it’s within the “three-level” rule - which this submission’s destination is - I don’t see any reason why a Faction Manager wouldn’t be able to decide where an article goes in their faction’s namespace.

Essia doesn't technically have a currency of its own. It uses the KS. While there were a number of various pre-Yamatai currencies, they were all essentially made from precious metals and so were fairly interchangeable. They are also no longer backed by the Essian government. The EME was established to facilitate transitioning the Essia's economy to the KS. Because of that, they trade in raw materials and other things of value for KS.

Even if Yamatai were not to accept the DS as a currency, the EME would consider it to be a voucher and exchange those vouchers for currency. It would probably be at below nominal rates, IE: If the ideal ratio is 1 KS = 4 DS, then they might sell 1 KS for 5 DS and buy 3 DS for 1 KS. It might not be that extreme, but it's an example. It would certainly help that DS is a fully backed currency. Additionally, the EME could exchange raw materials for KS and as DS is directly convertible into raw materials, facilitate exchange in that way.

The URL needs changing. I want this page to be searchable by many people other than you, Jack, so even though you want to keep using this government URL for future submissions, this is not the article to use this URL:

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:section6:currency

"It is digitally trade-able, as anything used electronically has the corresponding amounts in notes simply removed from out of circulation, and placing them in a reserve."
This above quote's latter point needs clarifying in the article. It makes it sound like there should be places in your faction where you can turn in notes to take them out of circulation. It would make sense to include this so that players know what to do if they make electronic sales within your faction and need to know what to do next.

Are there also any safeguards against the notes not being legible? Maybe the device a member of your faction would likely do an electronic sale on could have a program that could scan a note and change its legibility? Just a space future idea of mine to help you out of this.

Thanks, Jack!

Would simply adding currency to the title pull that in line then. There are other articles that need to be moved then if this is the case. I'm not trying to sound rude, but it is clear this hasn't been enforced very well, and should be moved to be corrected if that is truly the case.

EDIT: I have added further explanation to the article on the process of converting funds for digital transaction.

Last edited:
I am not reviewing those articles right now, I am reviewing this one. This one has a URL that needs to change to be in line with the majority of articles like it. I feel that making past articles (Neshaten currency was made in 2012 and Nepleslian and Yamataian currency wikis are too old to show their time of creation) comply with rules enforced now is inappropriate to do in a submission thread, especially one that is being asked to comply with the rules enforced now. You can make a setting discussion thread if you want to, but I will not be entertaining debate about it here as you need to change it to what I posted above. I spent a lot of time thinking about this, so thank you for your patience, but please respect the decision I have come to. Being in an appropriate namespace is a rule, it is on the checklist I posted above, and I will continue to enforce it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back