• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check ECV Raven [birb tomb-raider]

club24

Everything Is Magical
Long before the society we have today there were the Ancients, a powerful and intelligent species of precursor Elysian that traveled the stars in pursuit of knowledge and technology. With the disappearance of the Ancients occurring far before any historical records, little is known of this old civilisation or the technology and power they once wielded. Over the years many attempts to unlock their secrets were tried and all have failed bringing us no closer than we were before and only creating more questions to seek out answers for.

However, something has stirred the decrepit old structures of the Empyrean catacombs, large enough to cause some excitement among the government which oversees its research, and small enough to avoid any publicity. The Secrets of the Ancients are surfacing for a reason unknown and call for someone to discover the true knowledge of the precursor society. A Pandora’s box is about to open with the sought-after knowledge at its centre and many more secrets that have been buried for many years, events ingrained in time itself are being set into motion.

Diving headfirst into the unfolding mystery of the Ancients is a small Elysian expeditionary team manning the ECV Raven in the name of historical discovery, captained by Icarus Asellio who has experience in starship command and its function. Acting on authority of Barachiel, he and his team will investigate the ruins of the Ancients and attempt to unlock the secrets of the civilisation of the past while retaining limited contact with their sponsor to avoid any failure being traced back to their involvement.

Fame and glory await those who can succeed the trials while failure may cost you your life.

I know there is a few people who I have spoken to about this and know the gist of the mad ideas I formed into a plot, basically it's intended to be a dedicated Elysian plot where a group of civilians are tasked with investigating the Ancients. It's not an exploration plot but rather an adventure and slight puzzle solver one, combat will be included but will be nowhere near regular.

gonna tag @FrostJaeger to make sure I didn't bumble this up and full disclaimer, I have not got as much GM experience as some people way want for a plot leader so I may spend a lot of time between posts trying to make sure its enjoyable, if the plot actually starts

anyway the plot page is here and for further info I'm happy to reply to questions in this thread and uhh, hopefully I don't suck at this!

i guess now is good a time as any to plop this here (plot page) and mention that the background work is being established at the moment and the plot will be ready to go when characters roll in, so take your time while we take your heart and I look forward to seeing who we get

as those of you who ive spoken to on discord will know, the plot has got a few more characters in it than i anticipated and the actual ship is close to capacity and so for that reason, along with this being my first attempt at running a plot I am now closing further applications until stated othewise, if any positions open up i'll be accepting new characters based on first come first serve

sorry for any inconveniences but at this point if everyone who ive spoken too enters a character it comes to about 9 characters and i dont really want a huge group for my first attempt at this x.x

edit: the applications are closing after i receive characters from those who have already expressed interest here or on discord so dont worry i didnt cut you guys out

RPG-D RPGfix
Back