Star ArmyⓇ

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP: Elysia [ECV Raven] - Land of Silence

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
RP Date
Mid YE41
RP Location
Unmapped rogue planet
ECV Raven

Icarus sat alone on the bridge as usual, it had been some time since his crew had undertaken the mission into the depths of the Empyrean ship below Elysia Novus. In the year since that failed clusterfuck of an expedition where several members simply bailed and were never heard from again, the rest of the crew had essentially disbanded and told the senator where he could stick it. They didn't blame him for the horrors of that metal coffin but everyone always needs someone else to blame and Barachiel happened to be the easiest one to pick, given he was the highest authority for the mission. After that Icarus announced that he would not be leading any more missions without a bit more information and a greater allowance for protective equipment, after meeting a creature who had somehow stayed alive for millennia on that ship the raven-winged captain wasn't taking any chances.

Move forward to the present time, two new senators had decided to restart the Raven directive and asked him back as its captain with his sister as a capable ground operative just like before, except unlike before they weren't operating in secrecy from the rest of the government this time. That and they would be given access to anything equipment-wise they needed for the journey. So Icarus found himself sitting in the captain's chair once more, over a year later, a year spent moving from place to place chasing the toughest and riskiest jobs just to maintain a steady income for him and his sister. The Elysian slowly ran his fingers along the cool metal of the panel beside his chair, remembering how the last trip had ended. Another difference between this time and last time, they actually had an idea of what they would be walking into which would make packing a lot easier and more effective, after a lengthy debate Icarus had agreed and put out the call to all the former Raven crew.

"The Raven is being reinstated, meet at the old dock."

He didn't know how many of the old crew would show up after last time but hoped that he would at least have one familiar face. An advert had been sent out to potential recruits as well, the more the merrier after all.

ECV Raven ext - Old Dock

Alexia stood outside the old ship, it had fallen into a state of disrepair sitting unused for so long and the Asellio siblings had spent the better part of a week fixing it up, the younger sister now stood admiring their handiwork. Icarus had, of course, told her everything regarding the restart of the old Raven mission and like a good sister she'd agreed to stand beside him, they had both served in the navy and risk wasn't a deterrent at this point. Satisfied with the paintwork and repairs to the exterior Alexia went back to lounging in the beach chair she'd set up beside the boarding ramp, lying back with a magazine and some music to wait for any crew, new or old.

BMan142

Oh god it's in my head
ECV Raven ext - Old Dock

"Well Well Well, long time no see Alexia." Came the voice of the lady aproching. She stretched her creamy white wings and stopped just short of Alexia. "Let me reintroduce myself, in-case you've forgotten. Raduriel Hayyel, System Manager in the former Elysian Celestial Navy. Hope my crew spot is still open." She spoke with a fake, plastered smile and a sarcastic giggle as the images of the original mission flashed behind her eyes.

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Old Dock

Alexia's head snapped up at the sound of a familiar voice, she too smiled back at Radurial and gave a wave though her expression was far less extravagant and didn't hide anything. "Radurial, good to see you again alive and well. I hope you've kept yourself busy since we parted?" The raven-winged elysian said, remaining in her comfortable lounge chair as the other girl approached her, preferring to sit and enjoy her comfort, it wasn't as though they were assembling for some kind of official after all.

"And yes, you're actually the first to arrive, though Icarus wasn't sure if anyone would come back. So what brought you back after that horrible incident last year?"

SageShooter

Old Dock

Tink...Tink...Tink... One after another the sound of metal on metal announced the arrival of the man that came to join the crew as a new member. Asclepius chewed on the end of an unlit cigarette that hung from his mouth as he walked up to the two already assembled at the dock of the ship. In his hand, a long metal staff that seemed fairly innocuous along with a bag slung over his shoulders and the large white wings that rested from his back. He seemed to watch the two with his Grey eyes and looked back and forth between the two for a moment before he spoke up.

"This the Raven? I was told to come here, Gonna be joinin your crew for the foreseeable future." He let the staff rest against his shoulder as he ran a hand over his short brown hair and looked back and forth between Alexia and Radurial. He couldn't help but smile a little at the two women. "I think I'm gonna like this job just fine..."

club24

Everything Is Magical
FM of Neshaten
Game Master
Alexia turned her attention to the new arrival, definitely not from the original crew, they had never had another male member before now anyway other than her brother. "Welcome, you must be one who is replying to the adverts, do you have a name?" She asked politely though with a rather relaxed tone as she still lounged around in her deck chair. Alexia looked this new-commer over herself as well, didn't look like some slob or anything but then again it was difficult for Elysians to look bad in this day and age. "And what skills do you have? Ex-military like my brother and I or something more civilian like Raduriel here, oh I should introduce myself as well, I'm Alexia Asellio, nice to meet you." Her black wings curled and relaxed behind her lazily as though they possessed a mind of their own while their owner continued watching the new guy.

SageShooter

Asclepius smirked a little as he saw the eyes give him a once over and decided on a small flourishing bow. Oddly the way he was dressed worked for him, the black polished combat boots, camouflage pants with large cargo pockets on the side, and the black suit jacket with a red vest and tie over a black shirt, it looked out of place yet on the Elysian before them it seemed to fit. As he straightened back up he still had that boyish smirk on his face. "Asclepius Aetius, at your service. Prior military turned back-alley doctor, so a bit of column a, bit of column b. A friend of mine pointed me toward you fine folks, said I could probably find a spot of fun with you all." His own white wings twitched and ruffled up a touch before he stretched his back out. "Sorry, still getting used to the body." He admitted.

IQ

Game Master
"Uh-... Uhm-... Hi," Came Senna's voice - from somewhere behind Asclepius' wings. Senna's head poked up from behind them and she offered a faint wave and an awkward smile. "Alexia, right?" She asked as she stepped from behind Asclepius and rested a hand on her tome. "It's been a bit, hasn't it?" She questioned before stepping forward, glancing over at Raduriel. Squinting momentarily before pulling up the massive, leather-bound book. Flipping through some of the pages - anyone paying attention could see the drawings of the horrid manifestations they saw during the exploration of the derelict, the abandoned hallways, the infernal darkness. "Raduriel, correct?" She asked with a faint smile.