• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Concluded Elections in the MCS

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 45.1
RP Location
Imperial Blossom Dome, Motoyoshi-Cho, Tokyo

Imperial Blossom Dome​

Motoyoshi-Cho, Tokyo​

fetch.php
At six in the morning, the resounding thud of drums resounded from the spires of the statues of the historic line of Emperors and Empresses that had ruled Yamatai. It was followed every hour, and on the hour by more drums, the earth trembling crash of the gong. The plans for the election had come months before, and the planet was mostly divided between support for Shimizu-Motoyoshi Miu and Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako. Since YE 40 when the true Motoyoshi returned to the Motoyoshi Colonial Sector, the strength of the Pro-Imperialists had become a mainstay, the former more liberalistic politics had become associated with Tange Terrorists and distasteful figures such as Motoyoshi Kiyoko. The Motoyoshi Clan considered the election for Imperial Premier, following their own former Empress' resignation from the spot just before the Colony Fleet Departed Yamatai.

Since the departure of the Colony Fleet, it had been those left behind's responsibility to hold the line, and Governor Motoyoshi Iaeysu Tetsuya was at the point of the continued work that had been undertaken by his parents. The Imperial Blossom Dome, a replacement for the Colonial Dome which had been destroyed after remnant Tange took advantage of the uncareful critique of other more new age politicians. It had done nothing but strengthen the resolve, but it had hatched rotten eggs of its own as it was a reminder of what had been suffered, of what had been taken away. Tetsuya stood on the balcony, in his Yugumo Uniform, his Uchigatana the perch for his hand.

"Are you ready, Governor?" Namika asked as she joined him on the balcony, "The rest of the Governors from the Sector are gathered to cast their votes."

Tetsuya nodded slightly, "Are the rest of your Federation workers in place? I want to ensure every employee of the Corporation gets the opportunity to go cast their vote as well," he said, his eyes didn't deviate from the skyline of the city.

Namika nodded, "Stop worrying, Tetsuya. Your parents aren't going to gank you if you miss a detail, plus you know I have your back and so does the Yugumo Workers Federation," she said as she took another step in his direction, "You thinking about the outcome of the election?" she asked with curiosity.

Tetsuya shook his head from side to side, "Not worried, just ready for both possibilities. After the last few years of politics, a path has been forged. I'm ready for either type of possibility. The Premier is the conductor of the orchestra, I can only hope that I can keep these other governors and their respective Senators on task. Another act in the Senate like the one that led to mother's resignation will result in a drastic change, " The truth behind his words was a little more than just words, there were two piles of booklets on his desk, and only one of them would become reality. Tetsuya turned and led the way back inside his office, past the two stacks and then towards the lift to the floor of the regional government.

Regional Government Legislature Dome​

After a few moments, Namika was a few steps behind the Governor as he made his way to the voting booth that had been set up for the members of the regional government to cast their votes. Tetsuya led the way as the media drones swarmed and took pictures of the group of Governors as they cast their votes. He only said one short blurb as the drone passed, "The Motoyoshi Bakufu will continue to support the Imperial Rule of the Ketsurui Clan, be faithful to the throne and to politicians with Imperial ideals. These colonies suffered enough under the brand of those with alternative views," he said pointedly.

Last edited:

Imperial Blossom Dome​

Motoyoshi-Cho, Tokyo​

Regional Government Legislature Dome​

There was another cluster of drones shadowing the candidate that was on-world for the election and her staff. Miu wore a purple and black jacket with a matching top underneath. There were a few lapel pins including a double Imperial Flag with the Jiyuu flag on the other side. Below that was a Star Army Hinomaru, and below that was a Bellflower next to a campaign button. Her hair was put into a loose, low braid that didn't hold the rest of her hair from spilling down beneath it. Aside from going with another pencil skirt, she added sheer stockings and her heels clicked on just about any surface but carpet.

"It feels a little weird to vote for myself, but there you have it! I'm so happy to see everyone out supporting their favorite today!" She explained after coming out of her booth, it was just easier to have her cast her ballot there. "It is really something to see everyone so excited. I thank the Empress and the people for this opportunity." The slight pause given to her gave her time to bow formally.

"Do you have anything to say to your opponents?"
One of the drones chirped in a man's voice.

Miu tilted her head very slightly and smiled sweetly. "I wish Hanako-sama the best of luck. It is an honor to make it this far for anyone, I imagine. Feel free to join everyone who showed up to support us, I'll be there later as the votes come in. I think I see my little brother, 'scuse me!" Miu took a turn and walked so briskly to Testuya that her security detail flinched both when she started off, and when she stopped right next to him. "Otoutoooo~!" He ended up getting hugged from the side, her face only appearing to smile at the drones, "I hope you're being nice to him." Throwing in a little wink.

YSS Mazu

Laying in her bed, Inari's heart pounded in her chest. She hadn't known that Miu was running. She wanted to be loyal to her clan mate, but her heart still told her that Anslen was the right vote. She took a deep breath and tried to think through the situation logically, even if it was one where there was a giant emotional minefield for her to run across.

What were the issues that the Imperial Premier was going to deal with? How was Anslen going to deal with them? Miu? Hanako? Where should the empire be going? She started to read the various platforms and get a sense of what they wanted. She knew that her vote was going to get drowned out in a sea of billions of other votes and the discretion of the senators. Her district, Jiyuu was probably going to be going to Miu regardless. However, Miu and Hanako were carrying the flag of a sort of inflexible almost xenophobic traditionalism that she couldn't really support. The empire was more than just Nekos and Yamatai. She wanted change, not reactionary conservatism. The Discourse party was small, but they saw an empire that was more integrated, more whole than just Yamatai and Nekos.

However, that ran across her ties to her family and the loyalty she was supposed to show her clan. To Miu as a fellow member of the clan. To who she was pretty sure her mother would vote for. There was a certain amount of decisions that you thought were wrong that you had to allow. On the other hand, her clan's values were loyalty to the Empire. Doing what was best for Yamatai rather than what was best for one's self. Therefore, she had to vote the way that would be best for the Empire. It was a catch 22, it didn't matter how she voted, she would be wrong. Not voting wasn't an option, as that would also be an abandonment of her responsibility to the empire.

She spent a surprisingly long time trying to decide. Tossing and turning in her bed. Ultimately, she had to go with what she wanted Yamatai to be, so she voted for Anslen.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back