• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Art Elena's Rescue

hi hi

It has been a while since I posted last, and I want to apologize in advance for making this up without any prior approval, not trying to step on anyone's toes here. But it's a new year, and when I was thinking about my old character, I wondered what might have happened to her since the United Outer Colonies fell.

aknhauber.phpwebhosting.com_giftart_elena_rescue.png

Dawn came gently over the desolate, hard-scrabble highlands on a remote planet, when a streak of fire cut across the sky. And after the fire was spent, Elena saw a tiny black speck grow closer to the ground, closer to her little camp.

Elena winced as she lifted herself to her feet. Old wounds were flaring up again, but she knew she had to take the initiative. Whoever the new arrivals were, whether friend or foe, they were the only hope she'd had in years for getting off the planet's surface. She couldn't wait around and risk them leaving without ever finding her, or worse, getting the drop on her unawares.

They had landed nearby though, and she figured it meant they had spotted the wreckage. She gripped her hand-made spear tight, using it like a walking stick, and she patted the sidearm at her hip. Two rounds left. So as best she could, she tried approach carefully, but when she stepped around a rocky outcropping she found herself face to face with a group of soldiers wearing Yamatai made power armor. Even if her sidearm was full, it would have been useless against them.

They spotted her immediately and turned to her, bristling with weapons. Through the external comm system, she heard the group leader's stern voice. "State your name and business. What are you doing here?"

Elena gathered up the same courage that had kept her alive all those years. "I am Peacekeeper Komatsu Elena, and I would ask you the same question. What gives the Yamatai Star Empire the right to land on this planet?"

There was a moment of heavy silence before the soldier in power armor replied. "This planet is part of the Empire. I will ask you again, what are you doing here?"

Elena could only guess at the implications that followed, and she let her spear fall by the wayside. "I, and a handful of my crew-mates crash landed here some time ago. Am I now your prisoner?"

The leader of the expedition shook their head. "No. You... How long have you been stranded here?"

"Since the second quarter, YE 31. We were ambushed by pirates, we were hit, and the Captain gave the order to abandon ship."

The others in the group turned to each other, and while their expressions were hidden behind armor plating, their movements spoke of shock and surprise. After another long moment of silence, the group leader spoke again, their voice softer than before. "I don't know how else to say this, but the UOC no longer exists."

Elena felt her legs giving out underneath her, but no matter how hard she tried to focus, nothing could stop the world from spinning around her. They're not lying, are they?

The leader stepped over to Elena and held out a hand to help her back to her feet.

"We were so far from home. So far from home. But we were still here, still waiting..." In just the same way that her legs rebelled against her, Elena found her voice refused to continue.

This is amazing! The artwork is awesome and the story is moving.

Edit: Made this the official image of YE 33, where the various factions went in and rescued the UOC survivors!

hi hi

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think that in any situation as chaotic as what happened during the Second Mishhuvurthyar War and afterwards, there's so much potential for lots of different stories that play out in a lot of different ways.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back