• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Eleven: A World War II Documentary

So, some of you guys I have told about this incessantly and others just a little and a lot of you I have not shared this with yet. I have been meaning to post about this for a while so here I am at the last moment!

For the past 8 months I've been helping my buddy work on a documentary about Carrier Air Group 11 in WW2. This group, comprising of Torpedo squadron 11, Bombing squafron 11 and the Sundowners, Fighting squadron 11 operated from Guadalcanal and them off of the USS Hornet CV-12 from 1942 through 1945 and took part in some of the most important engagements of the pacific campeign.

Since March enwe were able to locate and interview eleven veteran's from CVG-11 and record their stories for the film. These guys are true heroes and it has been an honor to preserve their experiences and get to know them.

On veteran's day, November 11, 2014, next Tuesday, the film will be premiering aboard the ship CVG-11 operated from late in the war, the USS Hornet, now a museum in Alameda California.

I know this is short notice, but if any of you are local and want to come to the event and see the film and meet some of the guys, that would be awesome. Six of the vets we interviewed will be there for the event.

As well, a new exhibit dedicated to Carrier Air Group 11 will be opening that day and what I've seen of it, it is amzing!

The site for the film, which has the trailer, photos and info is:
http://www.eleventhemovie.com

Information about the premier event on 11-11-14 can be found on the USS Hornet Museum website:
http://uss-hornet.org

How did it go? Was it another magical sunset in fabulous California? Did you stand in a business suit/tuxedo and shake hands with people and wave at everyone? How many people cried during the movie?

also digital release when

RPG-D RPGfix
Back