• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Elysia] Neo-Caelisolan

Ethereal

Banned Member
Submission Type: Subspecies
Template Used: N/A
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:species:neo-caelisolan
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=species:neo-caelisolan

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? No @FrostJaeger
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
So this has been in RP for a while even since it was approved by Ame and Frost as an RP device on the Kaiyo for my character, Seinosuke Iemochi.
The subspecies was created in RP over a matter of months a year or two ago now, I just never felt a need to create an official page.
Now, I would like to formally run the subspecies through NTSE so that anyone can use the subspecies too!
I didn't base it off the template as much of the information is already based in the Elysian page, though all that needs to be noted should be.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
giphy.gif

I'm going to argue that this part of the rules may prohibit this submission:
Avoid being pseudohuman.

That means you shouldn't call yourselves a separate race if you're really just humans with special powers, minor cosmetic changes (ears, etc), or an extra organ or two. This alone may be grounds for the denial of a submission because the setting already has more than enough pseudohuman species.
If you can't easily interchange the word “alien” with “creature” consider upping the strangeness.
We already have way more types of humans than we need.

SOURCE: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:creating_a_species#cliches_to_avoid

What do you all think?

I mean no disrespect, but by that logic, @Wes, Caelisolans, Minkans, Patricians, Plebeians, and - arguably - Nekovalkyrja would also be prohibited.

Edit: Wouldn’t Nepleslians also be prohibited, then?

I think you're missing the point. We've already got excessive species of this nature so we're trying not to add more.

Might I ask what you’d suggest doing, then? I really don’t want for Iemochi Seinosuke, played by @Ethereal, to be made non-canon, as he’s played an integral part in the Elysian Celestial Empire and in the YSS Kaiyō/Kaiyō II plotship.

Edit: Nevermind, I came up with a solution: He can have transferred into a Caelisolan body instead of a Neo-Caelisolan one. Also, apologies if I came across as rude or stand-off-ish - it wasn’t my intention to do so. >.<

When I was first asked about this, it was to ST Iemochi into an Elysian body, not make a new species. I agreed to an ST. When he asked about altering his current body, there was no mention of a new species being made. I said to ask Wes twice as it wasn't my call to make if he could engineer and alter his current body. I don't know if Wes got asked if it could be a new species, but it seems like it might have been worded to him the way it was worded to me. Something that big you don't normally bring into RP until it's on the wiki, also. I think I'm at fault for allowing it to slip through the cracks.

What we have on the forums is not hard canon, the wiki is. If it's not on the wiki in an approved article, it can be rescinded pretty easily by Wes.

Iemochi being a Neo-C is not integral to my storyline as a GM and I'm fine with the few, if any, mentions being removed.

Well that scratches a few years of RP off what I've done, given I started the Neo plotline two years ago. It was specifically because nobody had any clue whether Minkans and Elysians could breed, a huge oversight in my mind to whoever approved them. You all approved this two years ago when I came to you about it once my character and Arbs' character were an item, just not on the forums.

After that was cleared up, there was already RP surrounding this. I've made it very clear and mentioned many times in Kaiyo RP about the development of this. In fact, I even mentioned it in the last JP Ame and I did, where our characters went to the supermarket. That's how integrated it is into my past years of RP.

If you insist on not approving something that has no reason not to be approved other than "oh we already have too many species, some of which are just human and we already approved those, best give them special permissions oops" that's not the greatest justification.

If you insist on making this special case to not approve something that has more screen time than a lot of already approved species that are sitting dead (I haven't seen a single phod since I came here X many years to), just let me put my main character under the one-off rules that are throughout the setting allowing many humanoid, nearly-identical species to exist.

Sorry if I'm a bit mad but this is sort of as if you said to Meta that he couldn't play a fox Neko because there were already enough Nekos. Or said Anthros were being retroed because they're exactly the damn same. Seems totally unfounded.

Last edited:
I'm just saying we probably don't have a need for this species OOCly.

It's fine for your character to be one though, I'm not going to mess with that. Even if this is rejected you can be an exception.

Side note: There's plently of other unique-species characters in SARP, which are usually allowed under the "random alien" policy where people can say they're a random alien instead of a named species that needs a wiki page.

Anyway, it sounds like there's been some RP done on this already, and I'm willing to give it a chance, but I wouldn't like to see these become common in Elysia. People's characters shouldn't have to change bodies to change faction.

People's characters wouldn't have to change bodies at the Elysian border, @Wes - I intend for the Neo-Caelisolan to be used in conjunction with (the small number of, presumably; Elysia, as far as I know, isn't exactly known for being welcome to outsiders) foreign immigrants wanting to become an Elysian citizen.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back