• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Elysia [Elysia Novus] Paranoid Handshakes

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Hagar Enoh was combing over a text detailing the history of Elysia in the rather small library. The minutes flowed by as he continued waiting for his aide to come and prepare a report the Elysian ruling council about developments in the recent weapon programs. The area was very dark, only lit by a scant amount of small candles, but it suited Hagar enough, as the things that were to be discussed soon would be of a most important and secret manner.

A pistol laid securely tucked into Hagar's robes just in case somebody unwanted would make it past his gathered bodyguards, but that was highly unlikely. Hagar licked his left index finger and then turned the next page over so lightly and continued to wait for his aide.

Elze Isra, the aforementioned aide, entered the library with a polite cough muffling the sound with his fist while his other hand clasped one of the books that Elze preferred to use for writing his notes. He always scanned them in to the computer system of course, but he enjoyed the feel of writing as something so much more significant than pressing buttons on a screen or talking for a machine to transcribe. In this book in particular were neatly arranged papers regarding Elysia's weapons programs and defences, as well as other information he thought might be of interest to his superior. Over his robes he wore a belt and scabbard containing his largely ornamental sword, forgoing a firearm for the moment.

The light rustling of Elze's footsteps drew Hagar's attention and he quickly straightened himself up to greet his aide. "Excellent to see you Elze, I'm guessing you brought the items that I requested with you?â€

Author: Zakalwe

Hagar Enoh was combing over a text detailing the history of Elysia in the rather small library. The minutes flowed by as he continued waiting for his aide to come and prepare a report the Elysian ruling council about developments in the recent weapon programs. The area was very dark, only lit by a scant amount of small candles, but it suited Hagar enough, as the things that were to be discussed soon would be of a most important and secret manner.

A pistol laid securely tucked into Hagar’s robes just in case somebody unwanted would make it past his gathered bodyguards, but that was highly unlikely. Hagar licked his left index finger and then turned the next page over so lightly and continued to wait for his aide.

Elze Isra, the aforementioned aide, entered the library with a polite cough muffling the sound with his fist while his other hand clasped one of the books that Elze preferred to use for writing his notes. He always scanned them in to the computer system of course, but he enjoyed the feel of writing as something so much more significant than pressing buttons on a screen or talking for a machine to transcribe. In this book in particular were neatly arranged papers regarding Elysia’s weapons programs and defences, as well as other information he thought might be of interest to his superior. Over his robes he wore a belt and scabbard containing his largely ornamental sword, forgoing a firearm for the moment.

The light rustling of Elze’s footsteps drew Hagar’s attention and he quickly straightened himself up to greet his aide. “Excellent to see you Elze, I’m guessing you brought the items that I requested with you?” Hagar said and then extended his left hand out for a customary, but somewhat paranoid handshake.

“Now, let us begin with the report that the Head Council has been bugging me for these last few weeks. I need to know the current production capabilities of our shipyards along with current enlisted numbers. After that, I can assess our needs and then prepare to memorize what I have to say after that, these things have no room being on paper.” Hagar finished the short speech and then returned to his seat and closed the book he was reading before.

Elze responded to the handshake with some warmth, and covertly searched for any hidden weapon on that arm. “I have them sir, and this should contain all the information we have on the production capacity of our shipyards. I should probably point out that these figures may not take in to account the increase in production that will result through the increasing implementation of the S-18 workers.” Elze handed Hagar the relevant form politely, after searching for it in his book and stood by the chair opposite to Hagars somewhat stiffly, awaiting permission to sit.

“Oh, please sit down and relax so we can to get what is on hand,” Hagar said as he scanned over the file carefully. “This is good, this is very good. Hopefully we will be able to implement the new Anthedon armor soon enough. Is there a model in work for Seraphs or pleblians?” Hagar inquired to his aid as he took a sip of water from the flask on the desk

“Thank you sir.” Elze said indeed sitting in the chair and quickly sorting through his papers, “As far as I’m aware there is work being made on refining the design to work with the Seraph physiology and server as a close-combat power armour, but I am unsure of whether the plebians will get such treatment. Such costly and powerful equipment might be seen as wasted on the plebs.”

“That is a very understandable viewpoint, but I do believe that we do need better protection for our weaker soldiers. Also, we need to have our efforts directed towards reinforcing our naval forces.” Hagar said as he then dismissed his numerous bodyguards in the room, leaving the pair alone so they could discuss a much more secretive manner. “okay, do not write this anywhere but your brain, what we are about to discuss is a matter of utmost secrecy.”

“Very well,” Elze responded after allowing a brief second for the moment to sink in, and very deliberately closed his book, and slid it a little further down the table, “I don’t have any form of recording device on me sir, and you can trust me to hold what you say in utmost confidence.”

“Very well, I do trust you but if any of this information is leaked certain difficulties will arise for any and all parties involved,” a devilish grin played across Hagar’s lips quickly as he began to unfold information. “For the last several weeks, I have been at a location in where we are working on a few new defense mechanisms, but one in particular caught my eye. Please, tell the council that all is going well and that the most bombastic of the projects shall be ready for a test run in less than a month.”

Hagar then smiled and thought back to his time at the various research laboratories where the carcasses of Seraphs littered in the testing environment on almost every square inch of unclaimed ground. “Yes, the new weapon was a particularly unrefined sort, but it would get the job done,” Hagar whispered to his aide. With the meeting rounded up he placed a small, folded piece of paper down on the table in front of him before he began to exit. CHERUBRIM were the letters written in light blue, and after the paper was dropped, the man quietly exited the library.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back