• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Elysia] The Cilo Corporation

Pancakei

The Breakfast Baron
Submission Type: Business (Mostly NPC and Lore)
Template Used: Business
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:cilo_corporation
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:cilo_corporation

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Not yet. @FrostJaeger
Faction requires art? Got it.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Technically. There is a character, if that counts.
Contains New art? Yes, with another better one to come soon(tm).
Previously Submitted? No.

Notes:
Man I really should have finished this earlier but college pulled me in and it slipped out of my mind for a bit.

So, this is a medium sized NPC company I was hoping to submit with these intentions in mind:
  • Expanding some of the NPC life of Elysia
  • Potential for NPC use in Elysian plots and such, as well as potential contracting if people ask to.
  • Create a basis for launching a future plot, should my schedule allow me to.
I haven't done a business before, so I'm sorry if it's a little rough around the edges! While I do have a PC directly connected to the company for use in the future, they will not be in direct control of it.

Thank you all!

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I wanted it to be an established background company within the canon, if that's alright. A name that's not known galaxy-wide, but someone who was there to kinda fill the blank.

If there's (understandable) worry about meta-gaming or something of that sort, I was hoping to limit myself by not being in "direct control" of the company. Do you have any advice?

You cannot start a company that is not current year. Just because you referenced something that is not approved doesn't mean you can justify its existence before your RP. If anything, your company existed at the date your RP was posted to make sure you don't have to un-do RP.

Understandable.

I won't sit and argue over it, but may I ask for a second confirmation on that from @Wes?

And do you have any constructive feedback? I'd like to see if there would be another way to implement it other than "it was founded early YE 39," because while it could it would also just be not worth the effort.

If this is supposed to be Elysia's Geshrinari or Ahmida Civiltech, then the backdated start seems like a fair inclusion because Elysia is essentially a "new faction" from a detail standpoint.

This is one of the only situations where backdating a company's creation is justified.

You might still want Wes in here but when I brought it up today he just reminded me that it is on the checklist to have them made in "current year" and nothing else. What you can do is brainstorm and find a way these past products and projects and infrastructure can be utilized in your article and, thus, in RP.

For now I think I would like to put it on hold / cancel it until I can work on a solution. Between sickness and college my RP drive took a hit so I'm working on getting everything back together!

Would it be possible for them to have been an unofficial group that existed for a while before going corporate (actually becoming a company) this year?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back