• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SYNC Emergency Request for Equipment

Rizzo

To: Riccard Black

The Frontier Service Corporation is mobilizing into Yamataian to assist in evacuation and disaster relief. We have a need for as many URSA Armored Transports as your company can build in 5 days. I understand the unreasonableness of this request and thus offer usage of Howard Station's automated manufacturing centers for your use in this Commission and until we return. After our return we shall provide you a more permanent arrangement to utilize our Space Station's manufacturing capabilities. Due to the urgency of this mobilization please contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Mr. Donovan, president of FSC

Mr Donovan

Horizon will be able to produce 5 vehicles in that time within our own facilities, with the use of Howard station and some of the IIS facilities I estimate we will be able to finish around 35 vehicles after accounting for having to setup the facilities on both stations for a rush order of a brand new product. We won't be able to provide them fully stocked with food and water but munitions will be completed alongside the vehicle construction.

Riccard Black, Horizon CEO

I am very appreciative for your effort, Mr. Black
I will have 7,000,000 Arcmarks transferred to your account momentarily and my liaison is already on her way with the necessary paperwork and information to grant your company clearance to access our manufacturing centers.

Mr. Donovan,
President of FSCorp

To: Riccard Black, Horizon CEO

I would like to make a request regarding the construction of the URSA Armored Vehicles. I would like for the stern turrets to be replaced with our Rotary Pulse Laser Turrets and the fore turrets replaced with twin Graviton Projector array. Can this be done if I send you the equipment?

Mr. Donovan,
President of FSCorp

To: Riccard Black, Mr Donovan
Re: Emergency Request for Equipment

Greetings and salutations, I am Anaska DePolanskaya - the head of heavy machinery at Galactic Horizon and the person who is tasked with outfitting the URSA armoured transport units and dealing with any custom modifications that are asked of us so here I am to weigh in my side of this deal.

The systems of the URSA were built with a very specific set of weapons in mind so we'll have to re-jig the electrical and control systems to deal with these new weapon you want to mount on our product. We appreciate that you are willing to source the weapons but due to this time constraint and us having to re-work our fabrication facilities we may have to come to some kind of compromise here.

Our software is designed to mass-produce a fleet of baseline URSAs as we designed them so please understand that we are doing our best here, a fleet of 35 of them would be ready in five days but not a fleet of 35 ones as you would like them modified. My suggestion is that we pump out the 20 normal ones in three days and spend the other two days building the other 15 URSAs to the spec you require - again I want to say sorry for this but it is how it is.

Anaska DePolanskaya, Head Technician of Heavy Machinery at Galactic Horizon

To: Riccard Black, Anaska DePolanskaya
Re: Emergency Request for Equipment

I can see how this could be problematic. I have a different idea. Please produce these vehicles unarmed, my engineers will have time during transit to the battle zone to perform the needed modifications as the transport ships are rather slow.

Mr. Donovan,
President of FSCorp

Re: Emergency Request for equipment

We're grateful for the opportunity to supply you with these vehicles for humanitarian aid work however as Im sure you will understand one business man to another, this is still a business not a charity. Myself and several of my closest friends in Horizon originally hail from Yamatai and we'd like nothing more than to help how we can, to that end we will supply you with these vehicles unarmed.

I have to insist however that several of our mechanics accompany you to oversee and asist in the installation, it's nothing personal and I assure you they're more than willing to assist in the relief work when there. But it will make the process smoother and ensure none of the vehicles are wasted if something went wrong with just your people alone, it's insurance that you get all the paid for assests and insurance for us as a small independent business to make sure none of our designs are stolen.

Again I don't mean this to be rude or as a personal attack on the integrity of you and your business but if anything like that were to occur we may well be ruined. After this work is over we would be happy to sit down and discuss a custom model variant of the URSA for FSC, as such large changes as these were not originally planned.

Regards, Riccard Black

To: Riccard Black
Re: Emergency Request for equipment

Though I am unsure how your mechanics would be protecting the designs by assisting in the reconfiguration of these transports it would be a great benefit to the operation to have experts on hand. We cannot, however, promise the safety of anyone on this mission due to the close proximity to active warzones. Please be sure that these mechanics are fully aware that they will be aboard ships that are actively evacuating civilians in conditions that may easily become an active battle zone without a moments notice. We will gladly pay them the same hazard pay as the rest of our personnel but again, survival cannot be guaranteed and these employees may find themselves in dire situations. Again, I cannot stress enough, they must be willing to be put in grave danger.

If the refit URSA Transports prove useful we will absolutely be interested in more combat capable variant for these types of operations. As it stands we intend to use these vehicles for rescue and ground support. Like the Ashigaru mecha we have been building since receiving permission from Origin Industries we'd much rather they be built from parts we manufacture to aid in repairs. We will return the surviving URSA Transports to observe the modifications made by technicians in the field. In the meantime we have sent two Rotary Pulse Laser Batteries and technical data to your facility for examination.

Mr. Donovan,
President of FSCorp

RPG-D RPGfix
Back