• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: The Wayward [Ep 6.5] Review

Syaoran

Retired Staff
RP Date
Febuary YE 41
RP Location
ASE-006
ASE-006
Cloud Harbor

The Anbruch had spent nearly the last two years wandering through the Sea of Clouds. Though they had a supply ship with them it was time for a full report and maitnence, so they had been called back. The crew also needed a break.

So the ship had been docked for the last three days, and both the Captain, Tanja, and the on loan scientist Stefan, had been stuck on station giving reports and going through debriefs. There was so much paper work that they had yet to get time to themselves.

Waypoint Trade Station

The rest of the crew however had been shuttled off to the near by trade station, the military did not like them spending too much time at the military Cloud Harbor, so they were quick to get them off and into the civilian station. They were able to get a steep discount on any food at Rot Mädchen so it became a gathering spot for the crew over the course of the few days, it was also the point o contact for any new arrivals. Generally everyone was free to do what they wanted until they recieved new orders from teh captain.

Waypoint Trade Station
Near Rot Mädchen

Coming out from a nearby alley, the short and heavily bundled figure seemed to have overshot their step as they moved back in the direction they had come. Their sudden change in direction sent a few small groupings of ice off of their form, which separated mid-air or upon impact with the ground below. Now under the marginal shade of a nearby business' overhang, they looked one way and then the next, making the goggles that conformed around their facial features glint between a series of deep colors as they reflected light. The figure's head continued to look one way and the next and the fluffy white bauble on the back of their over-sized beanie bounced about. Then, the bundled form set off once more, this time along the open corridor of Waypoint Station. Their flat-heel and fur-lined boots pressed hard into the ground until stopping outside of Rot Mädchen. The figure raised a hand and pulled at the scarf wrapped about their neck, chin, cheeks, and more.

Pulling the warmth away, the Iromakuanhe exposed her short, perked nose first before her agape mouth could be seen. Her teeth paled in contrast to her dark skin as her smile showed moments after she had stooped to smell the potted flower near the door where she stood. Her body straightened as her head raised high. With her mouth closed, her smile widened and she looked to be bending backwards. A moment later, she shook off her body and began unzipping her coat as she entered the café-by-day.

Once inside the foyer, she had stomped off any residual snow and taken off her scarf and gargantuan jacket and hung them on a rack. It seemed she had been prepared for her time in the snow during the tundra park's event as she was further bundled and layered below the jacket. A turtleneck peeked out from under a thermal shirt and a baseball-style tee, which had on top of it a Spaceway Adventure Land novelty shirt. She shook out each of her booted legs, as if trying to get the blood flowing, while looking between the rest of the café and the door. Her leggings were faded, but black, and wrinkled at the joints in a way that made it semi-apparent that there were a few layers of clothing and warmth underneath them. She looked into her jacket and held down a thumb to an unobtrusive button for two seconds before moving away and into the cafe.

She stopped walking when she was near the person tending the bar, but had not turned. Her body stayed pointedly fixed towards the back of the bar. She raised a hand and slid her goggles off of her eyes so that they laid against her shirts and kept walking once more. She stopped once she was able to look at the recreation of the record player more closely, about two feet away from its stand. She bent at the waist, peering at the device, then took a step forward, eyes level with the spinning vinyl. She continued to inspect it, though didn't move from the area of the musical source.

Rot Mädchen

Veronica had of course noticed the Iroma guest, even now it was still a rare sight in these parts, especially someone with such a striking coloration But more than that, she was proud that someone took notice of the record player and gave it so much attention. "Does it interest you? It's a replica of something called a record player." Veronica's voice came from behind, she had walked over while the Iroma was focused on the device. "It works purely mechanically, and the music is 'recorded' through deformation of the vinyl disc called a record."

Rot Mädchen

When Veronica finished her statement, the Iromakuanhe's mouth opened slightly. Her eyes started to watch the turning of the record but after a few rotations, stopped doing so.

She said softly and slowly, "Record player." She was still bent at the waist and she bent her elbow upwards so that she could pull up the goggles that had been dangling about her neck. She lifted them and they obfuscated her own eyes with a dark purple shine. She had lifted them only momentarily to look at the record player before she turned her shoulders to peer through them at the buxom redhead, next. Her hand splayed as she dropped the goggles back to her neck while her feet shifted and her hips moved for her to straighten and face Veronica more fully, though she took a look back at the record player once before giving the proprietor her full attention. She gave a short squint of her light blue eyes before opening them wide, which matched her smile as it fluttered before unfurling. Though her lips were tight-pressed against one another, her smile showed a genuine pleasure as it made her light blue eyes twinkle.

"I'm a customer," she said while her brows upturned, showing some concern, but she quickly moved on as she her expression grew neutral while her eyes moved about, looking at Veronica's mass of red that sprouted from her. "How does your hair work?" She looked more forward, at Veronica's green eyes and smiled, though some of the look of slight concern had returned, "It's not purely mechanical, too, is it?"

Rot Mädchen

Veronica chuckled a little at the response of her new customer, she could tell that she was nervous, but that was just how it was for some people, places like this were not at home to everyone. "Well a customer is it? That is good, I was worried you were a robber." She deliberately stressed the sarcasm in her tone so that it would be easy to pick up on. Her jade like eyes gazed at her softly, reflecting the smile that formed on her lips, it was a sincere smile, not one for business. "It's good to have another customer, especially a curious one." She reached out to shake her hand, but not with her own hand, rather it was with her hair.

"And this, well I don't know the science behind it, but I guess it works something like shellfish? I'm not sure but I can give a mean hook with it."

Rot Mädchen

The soft pink haired Iroma seemed to begin to mirror the genuine smile of the proprietor. "You have some cool curiosities here," the girl said, "including your own self! It's easy to be curious around you! I don't know what I'd do," Aala began to say in an even tone and then her eyes went wide when she realized she had thoughtlessly put her hand forward to shake Veronica's hair with her own hand, at which point her tone heightened in pitch, "with hair like that!"

"Shellfish?" Aala repeated, mouth agape as she thought of food. "Ah, yeah, I was hoping to get a party plate! I sort of want lizard tenders in it, but I feel like chicken, uh," she wiggled the fingers of her hand, now free from the hair to hand shake to say, "fingers would be better. For the picky eaters. I am supposed to be meeting some people here." The Iroma's bright blue eyes had grown wide as she nearly turned away from Veronica to look around the room, but she kept her concentration on the redhead. "Sure wish I was here to meet you, instead. You're really fun!" She ended the sentence a little louder than she had hoped to, but didn't notice as her smile pushed up to her eyes and made them crease into half-moon crescent shapes with her excitement.

Rot Mädchen

Veronica smiled at seeing Aala's reaction to her hair, there were not many who could take that in stride, and even fewer who were genuinely interested in the stylistic choices she made with the café. "Well order what you want for yourself. I'm sure whoever you're supposed to meet can order their own food." She then gave the Iroma a firm pat on the back using her own hand. "So who are you here to meet? They might be here already?" With those words she guided her back to the main area where a few tables had customers at them, so she could point out the party if they were already there.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back