• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Ephesus' Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Ephesus’ Notes

Alright this is the ongoing log of me, Ephesus, in the analysis of the Thaxarian Ship left to us kindly, and for a lot of money, by Avatar Skhaal. It has advanced systems, that much is certain, but centuries of neglect have done their worst. It will take some time before I can work out how they work.

Thaxarian Ship

Physical parameters:
150m long
75m wide
15m high
3 decks each 1.5 metres tall

Weapons:

There appear to be three weapons designed to fire high mass gravitic anomalies, possibly some form of micro black-hole. There is no space for ammunition so I presume they are created in the barrel. How this would be achieved is currently a mystery, although a high powered particle collision is being theorised. This is the worst damaged section on the ship and will take a long time before I can come up with how it works at how to emulate it.

There are the remains of what appear to have been turrets dotted over the ship, although only one remains, and that one is badly damage. It seems to have fired a bizarre neutrino beam, but how it worked I can’t fathom. There are insufficient remains to reconstruct it, or too retro-engineer it, but I will continue to spend some time on it.

The wings are lined with a powerful energy grid, now disabled. Its function appears to have been to cut through any substance that the wings come into contact with. It seems to create an energy field around the wing, hot enough to melt and calve through opposing substances, but the specifics of the system resist me. It does not seem worth spending much time on, but I have a team of newbs researching it.

There are also indications that the gravitic drive was designed to produce destructive gravitational waves and beams, and research into this is promising.

The missile bays have been entirely destroyed unfortunately.

Propulsion:

The wormhole generator on this ship is a masterpiece, small yet highly advanced. It uses a mix between a gravitational field, dark matter and a subspace generator. Unfortunately the last jump was badly done, so it is badly damaged. I’m making steady progress, but it will still take some time until I’m able to recreate a similar device.

The Gravitic drive is also more advanced than anything we have. Its manoeuvrability is extreme, and it appears to have been able to use the field as a weapon. With the technology I’ve been able to make some improvements to the design of our ships. However I still think there are improvements that could be made to the design. The weapons are too … passive.

Systems:

The computer system seems to be an advanced quantum model, or at least was. As it is the quantum computer is utterly burned out, I can glean some knowledge from the remains, but nothing much. The back up computer is nothing special, the high density chips are something new, but not unexpected.

The sensors are roughly are standard. However their appears at one suite which delves into subspace and hyperspace, and the mass spectrometer and other gravity related sensors are like nothing I’ve seen before. Shame they appear to have been hit by a meteor.

The life control systems are up to basic technological standard.

Hull:

The hull is made of a hyperdense metal, apparently created by exposure to massive gravitational forces. It is resistant to most attacks I can think of, but not enormously so. It lags behind the technology of the rest of the ship. It's around 0.60m thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back