• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[Episode 0: Remixed] Takeda Delights

Katsuko, now with a glass of wine in hand was able to devote some attention to Hanako as that she had said her many greetings to her children, lovers, and the rest of her family and friends. She gave a polite smile as Hanako asked what was on her mind, "I couldn't help but feel as I watched the Senate today that there were so many missing pieces to the puzzle. It's been a while since politics was able to take a stage in the Empire with the war playing out," she began, then took a quick sip of her mine. "I couldn't help but remember days of intense debate and struggles with the rising action of democracy as a forum. Not that I would ever condone such entirely for my heart forever belongs to the throne of Yamatai. I just...found the lack of voices disturbing." Katsuko had never been a fan of the Senate, and her running for Premier obviously pointed out that she intended to represent and moderate it with an Imperial tone. "With things uncertain for Hanako's World, I know that you would prefer to remain its representative but I can't help but feel the need to recommend you consider representing Yamatai. The homeworld could use a voice like yours - someone, that doesn't have their heads in the clouds of new-age agendas and strange actions," she recommended.

The Ehei's mind was always running, as she and Hanako spoke she supervised the family. The awkwardness of Yaichiro's public appearance humored her in a way. There was a time long before when it was him that was reminding her that there was life outside of the military - now it seemed he was the one who needed the reminder. Tachiko had prepared quite the menu, she had come to expect nothing less of her, she didn't just consider the girl adopted; she was as much family as Kaoru or Kazumi. It would be up to the others to entertain each other as she and Hanako went about their discussion. It was an exciting time to be alive, even if the whirl of Yamataian politics was enough to make her feel ill in some moments. At least maybe with Hanako her voice would be heard.

She noticed Freydis, the protector stood separated from everyone else - like most of the Kebei, she cared for them just like family. //"Don't spend all your time on the wall, you can watch out for me from anywhere. Get to know my daughters and niece."// she encouraged, not breaking her attention with Hanako as she slipped a whisper in.

Daco_4434421.png
Kaoru seemed scorned from the moment of discipline from her father when Yue suggested they speak somewhere else, she just shook her head. //"We can catch up later, back at Motoyoshi-jo. It is easier there, suppose we all need to be at our best.// she silently replied Yue through telepathy instead of speech. It appeared Kazumi was obviously forever to be the favorite there, which was okay she like her independence too much. She felt now that she had been the one to defeat Kiyoko that her purpose was almost done with until something unforeseen happened to her parents. Kaoru got up and moved over to wrap her arms around the back of Eri's neck, hanging over her step-mother-to-be she said, "How are you doing? Enjoying retirement? Surviving the campaign trail?" she asked, trying to keep up with the mind-numbing conversations of the elders.

In the kitchen, Tachiko was giving final directions to the staff, still to the consternation of the actual chef. Said chef looked relieved when Tachiko received the wireless communication from Kazumi. "Of course," she replied, "I'd be happy to!" Many of the recipes at Takeda House were the result of her own experimentation, and the individual chefs in charge of each location contributed in matching style. "You just let me know when, and Sister Tachi will be there!"

Removing the apron, Tachiko fixed her hair in the mirror, smoothed out that pink and black ensemble that matched Yue's, and took a deep breath to comport herself and switch from kitchen mode to formal before exiting for the more civilized world of the patrons. She trotted out proudly from the kitchen and took her place beside her younger Motoyoshi peers, on opposite side of Katsuko from Hanako and Yaichiro, the latter two of whom she smiled and bowed her head at as she sat.

Not long after the boss took her seat, the serving drones in their lovely, pastel-purple-grey kimonos emerged with crudités and aperitif and mineral water and tea and bread, and sat each place before each diner with reverent bowing and precise placement.

Last edited:
'Understood, Katsuko-sama.' was Freydis simple reply. It was a good thing that she was now free to join a table. Her sensitive nose had begun to pick up the waffing scents of the food, and they were enticing.

Quietly grabbing a free chair near the Motoyoshi heirs, the Keibi unbuttoned her jacket to sit and waved at those present. "Hello, Little Motoyoshis. Katsuko-sama told me to sit here. Hope I'm not a bother." Without missing a beat, she started devouring the apertifs with gusto.

Yue nodded her head in acknowledgment, and silently she mentally filed the meeting at Motoyoshi-jo for later. She turned her attention to the present and became distracted as Tachiko had made her entrance. The chef was looking beautiful, and she noticed the outfit that resembled her own causing her to smile. The shortest Motoyoshi thought that the outfit they were wearing looked better on Tachiko than it had on her.

Yue didn’t have the breasts to fill it, but that was ok as far as she was concerned. She sent a telepathic message to Tachiko. “I didn’t want to disturb you, but you are looking amazing Tachiko-Chan, you wear it better than me.” With the message sent and the food in front of her, she was about to eat when Freydis sat at the table. “Not at all, you're welcome to sit with us, ” she said as she recalled Freydis saying that she had looked sexy before.

Kazumi made a pleased noise at Tachiko's response. Truth be told she could do little more than making a bag of popcorn or the barest of things in general. But this seemed like a good thing to learn. A decent hobby to pass the time. That self-serving pleasure caused her heart to flutter just a little and then skip a beat as Freydis made her greetings and presence known. Her mouth began to open to respond when food began to arrive.

With a look at what was on offer, the assortment of vegetables looked inviting as were the scents of tea. Once a glass was placed beside her, Kazumi looked to it only to begin catching the faint scent of alcohol accompanying the pouring.

"You're welcome to j-" even before she could finish the tall woman had begun inhaling the food like a starved wolf. With a grumble of discontent, the Motoyoshi picked up the small glass of liqueur and sipped. Afterward, the woman's eyes drifted from the giant to the blue-skinned girl.

"You seem to be getting better around the family,"
Kazumi pointed out in a gentle tone that held no mocking or disdain. But there was an undercurrent of approval. Leaning over toward her, the icy-haired Neko smiled. "You wanted to speak to my sister about something?"

"So you were thinking what I as thinking," Hanako's big golden eyes looked at Katsuko's and she tilted her head a little to the side and then back straight. "I will seek the seat for Yamatai. It is where I live and work now, and there is no one better than me doing that so it has to fall to me. The senate is not as intense of a job as Premier. I am not willing to give up my Star Army career and the senate is something I can do at the same time, in the same city. It just makes sense. I will announce it tomorrow," she warmly grinned.

As Hanako seemed more involved with Katsuko in matters of the senate, an area Eri was glad she was not a part of, she respectfully gave them a little distance before she was attacked from behind. She tensed up instinctively and a small shift in her back as if she were about to react would be felt by her soon-to-be daughter before she relaxed. A small sigh escaped her throat as she gave the girl a look from the corner of her eye.

"You know I can get jumpy at times..." She explained before she smiled a little. Eri gave a little huff and patted Kaoru on the arm before she nodded, "It's just as difficult at times, all these meetings, appointments, talking engagements. I think she has just as much on her plate as before and I'm doing my damndest to make it easier for her, but still... It's a lot." She explained with another sigh. Eventually, she found her way over to one of the chairs as she expected Kaoru to follow.

"You get any downtime after Glimmergold? Get a chance to relax after you got the Akuro III back? Not many will say it, but a lot were impressed, at least I was. You and that other pilot were impressive up there. What's her name anyway? You two seemed to work well together, she going to stick with you?" The little barrage of questions seemed as if she were prying in a bit more than she usually would, she knew who Datenshi was from her dossier, but she always found people were far more interesting than what their military records said about them.

The maître d'hôtel entered the dining area once more, followed by a team of servers carrying the first course- the andouille chaoshu in black vinegar. The team, in unison, cleaned any used plates or empty containers away from the diners, and then melted back into second rank of them. The back-line, now the front-line, sat in front of each of them a bowl of the sausage dumplings dressed in the sharp vinegar, steam clouds escaping into the air as the lids were removed, all in perfect choreography. The maître, trying to do his best to maintain that professional detachment, couldn't help but raise a brow and wrinkle his nose and lip at Fredyis's manners, or, rather, the lack thereof. Tachiko did her best to pretend it wasn't happening and just smiled at Yue's praise and self-abasement, nodding happily but clearly anxious over how the dinner was going to go.

Last edited:
"Great minds think alike," Katsuko said to Hanako in confirmation, "I wish you the best in your campaign, should we both be successful in our run I will take comfort in knowing the seat for Yamatai is in good hands, " she added. Time had just rolled on, the elections were not far away and it would be only a certainty that at least some of the seats would be filled by those who respected the Imperial foundations of their nation.

She reached for her wine and took a sip before she tried a few bites of the food that had been set out in front of her. Katsuko glanced around noting the interactions between her guests, most of which were of their clan, and for once things seemed normal. She caught some of Eri's words with Kaoru, the mention of the Akuro III caught her attention, "It is about time it was back where it belongs, I can only imagine the state she is in though. Years in the hands of those who have no idea the work that went into that ship," she commented, her right hand abandoned the fork in exchange for a loving place around Eri's shoulders, she looked between her Kaoru, "I wonder if they'd be willing to let an old Taisho take a tour..." she mentioned, the old passion flared up within her. She had poured her soul into that project. She glanced at Yaichiro, wondering if he would have anything to add when it came to the Star Army's acquisition of their work.

1641262771290.png
Kaoru nodded, "I got some downtime, the Mazu may not have made it to Glimmergold but we certainly had our hands full on the Akuro III," she said. " We tried our best, and Datenshi performed amazingly. I really have high hopes for her, I'm glad she's a part of my crew." She knew that not everyone shared the same love for the rather infamous soldier but at the same time she felt no shame in expressing it. "She's staying, I think she's adjusting well to the Mazu. Things have been a little short-handed since the end of the war..." she added as she glanced at Katsuko, "I'm sure they would let you take a tour, mom. Just ask Ayano." The friction was still there, even though Kaoru tried to conceal it as much as possible. It wasn't vile or angry, just something uncomfortable that seemed to loom in the interactions between her and mother lately.

"The food is amazing, you outdid yourself as always," she said in a slightly elevated tone so that Tachiko could catch her words.

Sipping her drink to water down the food with a content sigh, Freydis turned to Tachiko, "Ichihime's right, Gohime-chan! Your food is marvelous!! In fact I might need to up your security! Clearly your cooking is of national import!"

Freydis loved playing the hotheaded fool. It's a role she played well, because, that's how she was when she was younger. The more honest the role, the easier it was. It was a stereotype that made her seem predictable. It was the age old trick of using people's bias against them. Plus, it was fun to mess with all the higher class twits!

Facing Kaoru, the Keibi's expression shifted slightly. "I've heard about the Akuro III, the parts I was cleared for, anyway. You gals did good." With a curt nod, she conveyed the respect she felt. Changing back to a more playful expression, she smirked. "Shame I wasn't there for the downtime. I've heard some wild stories. Work hard, play harder, eh?"

"Good, keep an eye on her, she may just surprise us. Hopefully though things will calm down a bit more, and we can start to replenish our ranks with new soldiers." Eri admitted before she took a bite. Her ears twitched slightly as she felt the hand around her shoulder and smiled as she looked to Katsuko before she swallowed her food and nodded. "Oh come on, like they'd say no to you Kat?" As the others seemed to pile on the compliments to Tachiko, she added in. "Agreed, the food is all wonderful, compliments to the chef and those that helped." She figured for a spread like this, there was no way that just one person handled it all. Though she listened in a little more intently when Freydis brought up the relaxation and partying of the two.

She had seen a lot of Neko's like Datenshi in her time, she knew what they were like, rank climbers who couldn't figure it out the normal way so they tried to saddle up with a high ranking officer, or someone in a prominent family, and get their ranks up that way. She would have to keep an eye on the woman, just on the side, but keep that away from Kaoru regardless. Instead she sat back and just began to listen as she ate some more.

Kazumi stared thoughtfully at her food. All the compliments Tachiko was receiving. Worthy praise indeed! Finishing the aperitif had disappeared as soon as the first course arrived. Appetite properly stimulated the girl looked to the folded dumplings that lay before her, the mingled scent of it all tickled her nose as surely as the steam. Much like Eri, Kazumi had listened and known first hand just how her older sister could be. And had played witness to some of Datenshi's spates of sexual deviancy. In her mind, the two fed on each other in that manner. If only a little. Seemed like a lot of her siblings shared a ramped-up 'drive.

It didn't stop her from wanting to kick Freydis in the shin even if she agreed. A roll of her eyes followed the thought.

~'Mother?'~ her mental voice all polite sweetness, ~'If no one has decided to take up the mantle of senator for Jiyuu, I might know someone.'~ inwardly she grinned to herself. Oh, she would saddle responsibility on that woman any chance she got.

~'I would just... have to talk to them about it. But! Having someone like her on our side might be worthwhile. Plus, Ojisan might approve.'~ he was a wily old man. And how she loved him, he worked hard for not only the family but the people as well. One thing she felt about Taro was he was an insightful man, another that he was a fairly good judge of character.

Only that little grin turned somewhat sour. The Neko hadn't needed to look at the two women directly. Milky, bare skin did that for her. Reading a room was an essential skill in her line of work. Cultivated properly that is.

"Datenshi will be good with the new soldiers' training. She is certainly skilled at her job." after a small bite, and then a sip of her drink her smile was back in place. "And she has been a help to Onee-sama."

"Everyone starts somewhere. In their little ways."
the look she gave Eri and then back to the plate before was clear. Kazumi tended to keep an eye on those of her family that served on the Mazu as a general rule of thumb. Maybe she was the tattle-taler maybe not. But the younger sister watched out for her elder and those of kith and kin.

Yue noted Tachiko’s reaction, and the only blue skinned one in the entire clan could sort of tell she seemed nervous. She felt bad that she wasn’t beside her. She’d like to place an arm over the other woman in comfort. Yue and Tachiko had a close relationship since they met, and she’d spent a lot of time on Tachiko’s ship hanging with her and, of course, living there. Though she became distracted, she saw Fredis, eating before turning her head when Kasumi spoke to her. There was a blush on her cheek, as she detected the tone wasn’t unkind. “Yes, I am pleased that things have been, especially as I got to meet everyone of the clan. I can only hope that friendships can continue as time passes.” She commented and nibbled as her tail swayed behind her, before Kasumi’s next question came up.

“Yes, Kaoru made me an intriguing offer I’m interested in,” She said before the conversation moved on and quietly she listened to the surrounding conversation. Her dishes were soon empty into the bottomless pit that was her stomach. “I’m glad” she couldn’t help but comment more to herself, at the topic of Datenshi being a good help to Kaoru.

Katsuko became quiet when the discussion with Hanako ended, she couldn't help but just take it all in. The gathered members of her clan, their strength and their restoration of the Motoyoshi Colonial Sector was something she could be more than proud of. Some questions went unanswered, but that would come in time and away from the table of the fabulous meal prepared by her precious adopted Tachiko. She mentally scheduled a time when she could speak with Kazumi about the potential candidate and sent it to her.

Soon everything would change, it was the evitable.

Figure this went on a bit longer than expected so I am ending this one here since its so far behind current events.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back