• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Goban Episode 03: The Reflex

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
SET: SMX Ghullfrashirv-class destroyer (Alpha 01)

Wet.

That's the first thing that came to Kyosuke's brain as he slowly woke up. The ground was wet. Not a real nice kind of wet, either. Not rain wet, or pool wet, or beer wet.

It was a sticky wet. Sticky like old bourbon that had been spilled three days ago without ever being sopped up by so much as a doughnut. If it had smelled like bourbon, that would have made the situation okay. But it didn't. It smelled like ... flesh. Some kind of flesh. That's all he could tell. It stuck to his face and nose, making every breath like being in a sterilized slaughterhouse -- the meat smell never went away.

His hands were kind of stuck. To the ground, that is. He slowly peeled himself from the floor, trying not to wince as he felt a few whiskers pulled out from his lip. Even after he'd managed to lift his torso up, his hands were still stuck. Ripping one free with a few tugs, he winced -- the ground moved under him, he was sure. Not a good kind of moving, either.

After his hands were free, he was able to assess his surroundings. Everyone was there -- Galar, Lucas, Luca, Nicholas, Ma'at, Jason -- and everyone seemed fine. Except him. The slap he'd received to his chest was starting to hurt like a fucker. He shook his head a little, but that hurt too.

The walls, floor, and the grated, sloped ceiling were all colored the same, that is, completely different from one square centimeter to the next. The color of old blood was common, as was baby poop yellow and some kind of green that looked like it'd been hurled up onto the walls. They all had the same fleshy look to them. The room itself wasn't that big -- 4 meters square, just about. Nothing obvious was on the walls, and the ceiling was the only way out.

And that ceiling ... was about six meters up. No climbing that. Kyosuke wondered why he didn't hurt more; there was no way they set them down "gently." Maybe the ground was shock absorbant. Didn't matter, of course. The light above was pretty weak, but it was enough to see.

He patted his chest. Flask was still there, even if the rest of his gear wasn't. He decided to save it; it was hard to say how long they'd be in there. Touching the walls wasn't very appealing, so he stood, waiting for others to awaken.

Sticky... Lots and lots of Sticky. The sort of sticky which felt like being splashed with lemonade, cherry soda and Hill-Water then being left in the sun for a few days type sticky. That's what came to Luca's mind as he grunted and tried to move, as well as wake up from his slumber.
He noticed that his hair and most of his head was stuck to the floor, as well as the rest of him.

"Grr..." Luca said to himself quietly he tried to pull his hair from the floor, "This reminds me of the time where I glued everyone to the floors and walls at school... I guess this is payback."
When Luca finally managed to get his hair off the floor, he was now concerned with how he'd get the rest of himself off the floor.
"This'll take a while to do." Luca said to himself as he kept on trying to wriggle and writhe out of the floor.

The back of his head hurt. Nick could feel the throbbing ache more and more as his eyes slowly crept open. His eyes stared blankly for a second, not immediately interpreting what they were seeing. When he recognized that he didn't recognize where he was, the young Geshrin made a little gasp. He would have flinched more if he hadn't been stuck to the floor and wall that he was sprawled against.

It was ugly. This place – one could hardly call it a room – nauseated him. Everything from its stink to the slimy, organic bulkheads was one thousand kinds of wrong. Was this Jigoku? He had died, after failing to destroy the Mishhu destroyer, right? No – there were others here. There was Ozaki-shoi standing there, and Luca was squirming around. The crew was all here, wherever here was, in various states of consciousness.

Nick couldn't stop shaking, but was able to pull himself from his grotesque seat. For a moment the wall seemed to come with him before giving way, stringy goo trailing from his back. The Gehsrin stood, gently brushing his uniform as if he needed to be presentable. He didn't speak as he slowly approached Kyosuke. Nick wasn't sure weather or not the Shoi noticed him – he must have eventually – but stood silently next to him for what seemed like a long time. Every now and then, the Heicho would glance quickly to his right or left before returning his gaze to the wall in front of him.

"So, Ozaki-shoi,â€

" ... " Kyosuke didn't look at Nick, but instead reached into his jacket. He took out the flask, unscrewed the cap, and held it out to his side for Nick. No point in keeping it from him, he thought. He needs calm nerves. Luca doesn't seem to have any anyway.

"You damage this thing at all?" Kyosuke asked, looking upward.

After finally getting up and recieving a good peeling, Luca examined his surroundings, he wasn't too pleased by it but he tried to keep calm, "Hmm... this place has a... uh... rustic charm to it... a bit of paint... maybe some drapes, a few nails and a bit of ventilation..." His voice waivered as he saw the rest of his crew, "And a cleanup. It's fucking rank in here."

Then he turned to his captain with his hands in his pockets, "I tried to put a dent in it, but hey, didn't have the tools for the job," His voice became bitter, "Maybe whoever commands us should have think things through a bit more before throwing us deep behind enemy lines. No 'fence to you, Shoi." Luca coughed lightly, the stench was getting to him.

Luca quickly checked himself for any injuries, he felt a massive lump in his head, presumeably what knocked him out along with some minor cuts and bruises, but nothing major. He also couldn't find his weapons, his guns and knife were gone. Luca just sighed as he realised this.

He felt dizzy when he came to. Roken was not sure what happened all he knew was that he could not move. "What the hell is going on?â€

Slowly Ma'at felt herself wake up. She groaned lightly at the small amount of pain that she felt. She could hear a few voices and was glad to know that she wasn't infact alone. If there was one thing that she had started to panic about was being seperated from the rest of the crew.

Slowly opening her eyes, she looked around and made a face. She didn't like where they were. From the looks of it, they were being held against their will. To think that all they had wanted was to get their ship back. And now here they were.

Sitting up, she touched the back of her head and winced in pain. So they had knocked her out first. If they had done that to her, they must've done the same to the others. Facing Kyosuke. Luca, Nick, and Roken, she gave them the once over, as well as the others that had yet to wake up. Seeing that they were good, no injuries from what she could see, Ma'at gave a small sigh and leaned against the wall.

The moment Ma'at leaned against the wall, she she felt something ripple underneath. Not a gentle ripple either; hard lumps curdled along the patch of wall behind her, even as it stuck to her.

Kyosuke hadn't noticed. He was looking up still.

Gently, his feet left the ground as he floated upward toward the grate above them. He narrowed his eyes as he peered at it, trying to figure out what it was. They have to know Yamataians and Neko can f --

A big lump ran through one of the "bars" of the grate. He tensed.

... The lump went away ... then something long and narrow with a suction cup on the front sprung tethered from the grate and at his face. Kyosuke flew backward a little, just out of its reach, before it then seemed to spring back into the grating.

Kyosuke just looked at the grate queerly, then floated back down.

"Did home have things like that, Techard?" the Shoi asked, rubbing his head. Whatever those things were, they probably weren't good.

Galar finally started to awaken. His head throbbed as he began to move his limbs. Suddenly, he remembered the last thought he had before going under which went something like: Oh shit! What have I gotten my– He sprang to his feet, or tried to, because the sticky floor prevented him from doing anything quickly or painlessly. He wrenched himself off of the floor and to his feet.

"Where are we?" Galar asked, "Wait. Please, don't tell me we are..."

He then looked from Kyosuke, to Ma'at, to Luca, to everyone else in the cell with him, who were all in various forms of dejection and even fear, as well as in differing injuries as well. His worst fears had now been realized. They had indeed been captured.

Luca noticed Galar's edgeyness, he attempted to calm him down with these words:
"Now now, we aren't gonna be here long," Luca told him as he gave a firm pat on the back, then Luca began to feel that minor twinge of hopelessness. He sat down on the sticky floor next to Galar with his hand on his chin, "We'll be out soon..."

Lets see... The walls are sticky, they'll probably absorb me if I try to climb them... Luca pondered for a way to escape, If I try to jump up, I'll get grabbed by that thing Kyosuke dodged... then killed no doubt... Luca's eyes narrowed as he kept on thinking, The floor doesn't look to inviting either. I think they've got us licked...

Jason was dreaming, a very pleasant dream. Where he was on a Sakura class ship as a head engineer and was doing all his duties with no troubles or fears. All of the crew tolerated him and enjoyed his company and even enjoyed his joking manner once and a while. As the dream went on, voices began to filter into his head. He was waking up and slowly waking to the tone of his comrades in arms. Lifting his head only slightly he became aware of his comrades fear. "So my one question is this, does someone gotta plan?"

"That's just what I'm doing, Jason," Luca replied, "Let me concentrate for a bit..."

This room is actually a creature I think... If it can't feel us all, it must think we've disappeared... Luca snapped his fingers and smiled, "I think I've got it."
Luca managed to telepathise the instructions to Kyosuke:
Luca's Telepathic Message said:
Shoi, I've come up with a plan.
We might be able to trick them into thinking we've teleported or something like that by coming out of contact with the floor and walls, and floating in the centre of the room.
They'll be bound to investigate, I can't see any sort of camera or way to see us, but they can feel us. That's how they know we're here and secure.
Luca gave Kyosuke a nod and a grin.

Kyosuke turned to look at Luca. The idea, silly as it sounded, made absolute sense.

"To do what you want, we need to lift Techard, Vanatosk and Saiga. Pavone, you take Saiga; Bolverk, you take Vanatosk. We'll see if this works -- hover about 2 meters above the floor. When we hear them coming, we get back down on the floor. This is just to see if it works, alright? No heroic shit yet."

Nodding to Luca, he turned to Roken. "We've got a plan, Techard, but you need to get on my back to make it work."

Luca smiled as he began to broadcast his telepathic message to the rest of the crew,
"Oh-Kay guys, I've concieved a plan! Listen up! I want all of you to float a a meter or two above the ground and away from the walls. Oh, and for those who can't fly, We'll try to lift you up. That includes you, Nick."

Luca quickly grasped Nick by his belt and pulled him into the air, then floating about a metre above the floor with the annoyed Heicho.
"C'mon guys, you know the drill. Ma'at, take Galar. Roken, Shoi will pick ya up. Oh, and get ready to drop in case they come along. I just wanna see if this does anything."

Ma'at nodded to show that she understood what the plan was. She quickly got up, ignoring the small amount of pain that she felt and walked over to Galar. Giving him a small smile, she wrappped her arms around him. "Tell me if you hurt anywhere, okay?"

Slowly, tightening her grip on Galar, she floated up into the air.

Still a little drowzy, Galar only just got the jist of the plan before Ma'at lifted him into the air. Although he did not want to think about what would happen if he were to fall from this height, Galar was reletively unafraid when Ma'at lifted him. In fact, the only thing he could think about was what was going to happen to the crew next.

Kyosuke gently floated up above the ground, being the last to do so. He had to exert some effort, and his stomach growled a little, but otherwise it was no problem.

They waited.

And waited.

They waited for about 10 minutes. Nothing. No signs of anyone coming by. The floors did not react either. In fact, Kyosuke found everything eerily quiet for a place that was designed to hold lots of prisoners. They were found deep in the backwaters of the galaxy, of course ... but still.

Fifteen minutes and no sign. Kyosuke was starting to lose his patience.

"Pavone, this doesn't seem to be working."

"Oh kay. Maybe this one didn't rope together," Luca broadcast to the crew as he floated down and released Nick. Luca slapped himself in the forehead, "Maybe they do have thier eye on us somehow. Does anyone else have plans? That was my master plan..."

Luca quickly wound up his fist with a few quick rotations and punched the wall, leaving an indent into the wall, which rebounded.
"If you're going to leave us here for dead, you may as well just KILL us, you tentacled bastards!" Luca shouted at the wall, knowing he wasn't doing much.

Another fist went into the soft wall, which bounced back too, "Kyosuke, gimme a drink."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back