• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SYNC [ERROR: RESEND MESSAGE] HX-14 mission update and request of planetary name change

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
Surveyour Ironhart of the HX14 Survey mission reporting.

Request planetary name change to Roanoake.

Over the past week of magnetic and solar imaging surveys, it's been determined that magnetosphere and solar topography were not a factor in the as yet unidentified cause of death of 3.3 billion colonists. EVA team one is currently suiting up to perform initial biosphere identification and field autopsy of any native colonist cadavers. Hull biology of the main landing vehicle suggests no dangerous pathogens, though the ISS Solar Sailor is rather severely damaged, neglected, and a biohazard in its own right. I am not inclined to trprospectship's exterior sensors.

There is, however, a fully intact infrastructure and breathable atmosphere, along with what appears to be laser fired phase shift photon computing based sattelites. Our EVA team is currently operating in a city built on high temperate plains, and I would request similar teams for other topographical regions of this planet. These would be for both city and wilds environments.

That said, I have included all related data of the survey in this burst for private use of the Magistry. The public release will withold all aside from current decon and colonial prospect data.

Request immediate response from any available expeditionary fleets.

To: Thorn Ironhart, Surveyour

Your request has been received within SAoY Logistics and has moved up command to the Ninth Fleet Admiral, Taisho Suigetsu Kyōku. She has reserved a task force to be deployed immediately to HX14, whose name will be decided by the Senate, as is customary in Yamatai. This office extends its gratitude for your work on this project. We would like to ask to know if your continued assistance on the project is requested by your team both in the immediate present and in the future.

A correspondence will be sent when our task force is in-system.

The office of Taisho Suigetsu Kyōku
Nitô Juni Söhur Fjor

To The office of Taisho Suigetsu Kyōku
Nitô Juni Söhur Fjor

The assistance of your task force would be of great help to the continuing efforts of my tram to understand what happened, here. Though I would like to stay on as the lead, especially given some of the unique talents of the team and one of the vessels already involved, I will work closely with the Star Army task force to ensure that this world is safe for future colonists.

Data will be sent as it's discovered, though it may be slow, and not necessarily related to the investigation.

Regards and thanks,
Surveyor Thorn Ironhart,
Pilot, hull 2274-DS7D "Oracle"

CC: Nitô Juni Söhur Fjor, 9th Fleet, SAoY

We are in system HX14 and prepared to take on our mission protocol. One Raccoon transport shuttle will bring you to my Urufu-class cruiser task force flagship, where you will meet me, Captain Dimar-chui, and the team leads you are to work closest with.

Signed,
Keona Dimar-chui, Captain of the YSS Longevity

To: Chui Keona Dimar, 9th Fleet, SAoY

Due to contamination and safety concerns, I will find this interaction difficult to accomidate. In T-minus five minutes, a pod will launch from the starboard airlock of the main research vessel, Solar Sailor. This pod is to be collected and decontaminated before I will be able to open the hatch. Please follow all potentially hazardous pathogen decontamination and contamination avoidance procedures to the letter.

We have not yet ruled out plague or another biological factor. Moreover, we have not determined that if such a plague existed, it would not affect any of the species on your ship.

That said, I am sure your team is extensively drilled in decontamination and associated protections. My medical information is available in the IP address to a server you will find embedded in this message.

Signed,
Surveyor Thorn Ironhart,
Pilot, CIRC no. PX-C1-DS7D "Oracle"

Instructions are understood. Prepare to have your pod netted and decontaminated to the highest SAoY regulations.

Signed,
Keona Dimar-chui, Captain of the YSS Longevity

RPG-D RPGfix
Back