• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Escape from Neplesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taishou89

RP Date
YE. 45.2
RP Location
Neplesia
(ooc: Open RP, mostly just trying to get my Character Alex back up and running again and up to present time.)
(ooc: Just a little friendly courtesy heads up, there will be some violence and bloodshed.)

Somewhere out there...

“Daran?” Alex softly called in the darkness. Just then the metal bulkhead opened up and a bright light filled the darkened room. Alex yelped as the light stabbed her eyes, the chains rattling as she tried to shield her eyes but to avail. 3 men stood in the door way, one of them entered while the other two remained at the door. “You know, Naomi... or is it Corporal Alexandria Yoshinaga, Neplesia Intelligence and Pacification Group?” The man stood above the beaten and bloodied 24 year old.

He wore a white suit and black shirt with the shirt collar over the lapels of his jacket and a white fedora. Alex could make out her reflection in his sunglasses. A slim cigar, dimly revealed the man's facial features, most distinguishing his pencil thin mustache and the scar across his left cheek, extending from under his sunglasses and just above his brow
“The Bounty on your head, says that you are a traitor to Neplesia, however I have heard otherwise. A little birdy told me that you yourself were a member of the Interregnum's Crew.” as he puffed his cigar.

All Alex could do was squint in a feeble attempt to glare at the man, who previously, had been a potential information broker who claimed to have information on a crew member of the Interregnum, potentially the wherabouts. She should have known better, all of her instincts had told her something was off about this guy and normally she'd have relied more on her experiences in the streets of Neplesia's slums to navigate out of it, but the burning lonliness, longing to find the family she had found in the crew of the Interregnum, had been burning hard enough to find them had caused her to act out of desperation.

“You're very young to have been recruited into the IPG... You certainly don't look like the type to be among the sort. Then again the IPG doesn't really discriminate when it comes to finding attractive young women who... could be quite persuasive in certain missions that require a more... appealing face.” The man removed the Cigar to dash it's ashes on the floor.

“Certainly a more appealing face than yours...” Alex cursed under her breath. The remark garnered a chuckle from the man as he replaced the cigar between his lips and took another puff. “If only you could see your face now, I don't think you'd qualify.” The man knelt down next to her and brushed some of her hair out of her face. “Well... Maybe an ice pack, clean some of the blood off, and some cosmetics you might rate a low 2 bit street girl.” the man took a big puff of his cigar before blowing the smoke right in her face.

Coughing up a storm, Alex summoned up what energy she had left and lunged at the man. She managed to drag him to the floor and start to pummle the man, it didnt take long until a swift blow from the butt of a pistol to the side of her head and before being yanked off the man in white. The move was quickly followed by several rapid kicks to her abdomen from the goons that had stormed the cell. Coughing and gasping, she quickly curled up in pain when the men stopped.

The man dusted off his suit making every effort fix his appearance after the little scuffle. “It's a shame... It really is..” The man's voice breaking as he examined his shattered sunglasses in the light from the hall behind him, and for the first time since their meeting, you could detect the rage seething beneath his calm exterior. Another man quietly entered the room and whispered something to the boss, to which he nodded. “You know Alex...The IPG wants you alive, but they didn't say dolled up and in tact. After tonight no amount of surgery is going to save your pretty face or your hands.” the man turned and left the room, his goons following behind. The heavy metal door was shut, but it wasn't sound proof. “Have the Doctor come by, tell him we have a patient in need of intensive care.” The voice echoed in the hallway just outside, before the well dressed man's distinct oxfords could be heard clacking down the hallway.

Alex shuddered as she hissed while grappling with the pain, if she had to guess she'd wager that a rib or two might be cracked, if not broken altogether. Through the pain, she managed a weak smile as she felt the metallic object grasped firmly in her hand. She'd managed to steal the man's custom metal pen while she was atop him. It hurt to chuckle now and all she wanted to do was lay there, but despite the pain she knew that she had to bear it and summon all the strength and will power that she could as time was of the essence and so she set to work, removing the pen's pocket clip and disassembling the pen before setting to undo the locks on her restraints.

Just outside her cell, in the hallway, the loud sound of a heavy door being shut followed footsteps getting closer and closer. A small click and she knew she was almost free, as she quickly reassmbled the pen and with a wince and a sharp twinge of pain, she laid back down on the floor and curled up, just in time as the footsteps stopped at her door. The tears that flowed from her eyes were from a mix of pain from her physical body, but also her the memories she dug up as she began to sob.

As the door was opened an older and frail looking bald man wearing a white apron, glasses, and shirt and tie entered. “You want us to stick around Doc?” one of the goons spoke.

As the Doc gazed on the small, naked, and broken girl curled on the floor, holding her stomach. “No, I don't think that will be necessary Frank. Besides I know the you've got some big investments in the game and I think I can manage one broken girl.” The Doc spoke as he set his large heavy leather bag on the table in the room and began unbutton and roll his sleeves up
“Thanks Doc!” Frank spoke and ushered his partner down the hall to catch the game they'd mentioned.

“Now... Let's see here.” The Doc opened up his bag and began withdraw a number of tools, and blades that Alex had been all to familiar with. The very sight of them brought back memories of literal pain and masochistic fondness, or maybe not really, let's just say she was Remembering the sadistically loveable furball, Dr. Cleo O'Connor of the Interregnum.

As the Doctor kneeled down next to her, he felt his hand grasp her and roughly, although slowly, raise her to sit up against the wall. She knew the game, but the reality would do the job for her, she allowed herself to groan and cry out in pain in the motion of being sat up. She knew she had to play every bit of weakness that she could to keep the Doc from raising his Guard, as she would only get one chance.

She sensed his eyes admiring her bare physique, but the hungry grin that crossed his face when he intentionlly poked her ribs, she couldn't exaggerate her cries then.

“Oh Girly We're just getting started...” The Doc began as he turned around to reach for one of his tools. Before starting to turn back to her “...It really is unfortunate what we have to do, but-” He was cut off as a sharp cylindrical object was thrusts right into his neck, the amount of blood that began to gush out, meant she had hit her mark. Quickly following up with that by yanking the the doc by the back of his neck and meeting it with her right hand slamming his throat inbetween her thumb and index finger, aided by gravity she managed enough force to crush his voice box, ensuring he would be unable to scream or call for help.

As she shoved the dying man off her lap, she winced and hissed in pain as she slowly rose to a stand, undoing and allowing the shackles to fall to the ground.
A voice from down the hall roused her attention. “Frank, I'm just gonna go check on the Doc real quick.”

Quickly grabbing the doc's cleaver from the table, she quickly got behind the door as she heard the foot steps coming down the hallway.

“Everything alright Doc?” before the man could react to the Doc writhing and dying on the floor, a loud and sickening whack was all that answered the man as his body fell motionless to the floor, the cleaver still stuck halfway thru the back of the man's neck, nearly decapitating the man.

Alex grabbed a bone knife from the table and made her way out of the cell, the hallway was cold and the metal flooring felt like ice on her bare feet. She came to the heavy metal doorway, she could hear Frank hurling cursewords at a tv screen as she slowly creeped it open, holding the knife ready.

“NO! What Are you Doing!?” Frank screamed

As she slipped into the next room, she found herself in some kind of kitchen like setting, peeking around a cabinet she could see Frank and making wild animated motions while watching the game on the tv with such tunnel vision. Her eyes glanced down at the Counter just next to the cabinet and she had to do a double take as she realized. You can't be serious...someone upstairs still loves me. her mind thought as she recognized the pile of clothes, weapons, and gear as her own. Carefully and quietly withdrew her Zen Armaments .45 Pistol from it's holster on the counter and carefully and quietly she slowly drew the slide back just enough and to her satsifaction it was still loaded.

“Come On! Yes! Yes! Oh You Sweet Bastard I could Kiss you! Pay day! YES!” Frank's joy was dashed when he heard the sound of the hammer being cocked back. As he Turned around to see Alex. “Congratulations Frank!” Alex chirped before squeezing the trigger. It felt like slow motion as the Flash and report went off and the round penetrated Frank's forehead, his eyes blinking and his lips muttering something incoherent just before he recoiled backwards and to the ground, a splatter of blood and biomatter fragments all over the tv screen behind him.

Alex managed to get dressed, but with all the weight of her weapons under her black overcoat, she could feel the pain as they rested against and brushed against her as she moved, but she had to make it back to the docks, hopefully her small transport hadn't been compromised. She had to get out of her before Smokey the White Suit man came back realizing what happened when he found his pen was missing.

Stepping out into the busy city, it's grim stench of carbon fumes and human waste stung her nose. A flash of lightning lit the air and a thunder clap sounded just as the clouds unleashed their tears upon the sad polluted and impovershed structures of man below. Alex turned her coat collar up as she began to make her way out of the building and into the busy city streets, pausing for a moment and gazing to the sky to let the cold rain pelt her face as she heaved a sigh as the rain rinsed the blood from her face.

Proceeding down the busy streets, all the while keeping her right hand on the handle of her sawed off Westech Trench gun in it's hoster on her left side under her coat. Cautiously looking about for possible threats or tails, Taking great care to hide her face as best that she could. The bruise and her swollen left eye on her face probably added to disguising her features and in this part of town she probably looked like just another fool who stumbled out of one of the many bars that lined this street. All the movement and physical action previously had begun to catch up with her now as the adrenaline subsided and it began to hurt just to move or even to breath.

Alex quickly turned and faced away from the street as group of unmarked, obviously official, vehicles turned down the street and sped past. Undoubtedly it was probably the IPG heading to the place she'd been held. “Damn...” she cursed as he picked up the pace, despite the pain.

The downpour began to slow to just a steady drizzle as she quickly turned and made her way down an alleyway lined with various shops and restaurants, here at least the air that permeated was much more pleasant. Food being deep fried in open tent restaurants and bakeries still serving fresh bread. She hadn't realized that she hadn't eaten in nearly 36 hours since she'd been captured, unfortunately what money she had was stolen and what else she had was back on her transport, plus any moment this area could be swarming with Commandos and Agents of the IPG.

Her stomach would have to wait, she had to get out of here. She could handle gangsters and goons, but in her state Commandos and Agents were out of the question, besides all she had on her at the moment was her Zen Arms .45 and sawed off shotgun, 4 mags for the ZA .45 and probably about 15 shells for the Westech.

As Alex approached an intersecting alleyway, she heard the familiar sound of radio chatter going off around the corner and quickly but carefully ducked into the tent of one of the vendors, just as 2 Funky City cops rounded the corner. Keeping her back facing the Vendor's entrance to hide her face and pretending to look at the street food on display, chopped deep fried and breaded meat, likely some kind of rodent as it is plentiful and cheap, impaled on a stick with vegetables and peppers. All the while she eaves dropped on the two cops as they rounded the corner, briefly stopping right outside the vendor.

"Sarge I tell ya... something must be going down. The IPG are everywhere." The junior of the two officers spoke.

"Boy, If there's one thing 30 years on the force has taught me, pay absolutely no mind to those IPG goons. Until they request assistance, and we get the word from the Watch Captain, we have no business with them, and frankly you wouldn't want to have any business with them, they're a bunch of assholes who only get off on making all of our lives a living hell." The older sergeant replied as both officers entered the tent.

"You either buy or you fly right on out of here young lady." a grumpy voice bellowed, snapping Alex's attention to an overweight middle aged balding man wearing a greasy stained shirt and apron. Alex was caught a little of guard and not pleased with the sudden attention that the man's big mouth had suddenly put upon her, especially with the two cops now standing directly behind her.

"Oh..." Alex fumbled and pulled out and opened her wallet, just to down play the attention now on her. "Sorry, I haven't got any money." of course this did not please the cook at all but just before he could tell her to beat it, the old Police Sergeant intervened. "
Hold up there, Mike, I got this." as the Sergeant stepped up next to her. "I served with the 73rd. I could never condone a fellow marine going hungry." The old sergeant pulled out a wallet with the NSMC insignia, exactly identical to Alex's. "Oh, Thank you." Alex felt taken aback.

"
Besides..." The Police Sergeant looked her up and down, noticing her bruises and some wounds "... You definitely look like you've seen better days." During his time on the Force he'd seen more than enough of young veterans on the streets here in Funky city and it disgusted him. "As a cop, I shouldn't be saying this, but I hope you gave the other guy a hell of a beating, Marine." He winked at her before handing her a tin foil pack containing 4 of the kebabs.

Alex smiled as memories of her recent kills flashed thru her mind "Let's just say he won't be bothering me anymore." she winked as she accepted the food. "Thank you, I really appreciate it. Anywho, I must be on my way now, I have flight to catch." Just as Alex was about leave, she felt a hand stop her and instantly became tense, fearing that she might have been made and might have to kill the old Cop. "
You know Marine, our Department is always hiring and we could use a few good bodies on the beat. Pay isn't much, but it's enough to get by on."

A wave of relief came over her and she eased up, as she turned to look the old cop in the eyes. "Thank you, I'll think about it." before ducking out of the tent and heading down the crowded alleyway. The old Police Sergeant standing in the entrance way watching her go down, just as their radio kicked. "
Attention on the Net, Attention on the Net, Stand by for incoming BOLO. Transferring information to your devices"

"
Sarge! Sarge" The rookie officer rushed up to his Senior in the entryway. "I know Kid, I know. I think we can let her have a head start. and for all I care The IPG can kiss my ass, we're going to eat first." The old Sergeant turned back into the vendor to get his food, leaving his partner standing in the doorway baffled and obviously torn. with a sigh of frustration and defeat he turned and followed his Sergeant as Alex melted into the crowd.

Reactions: Wes
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back