• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Etiquette and Protocol

Lex_Sandar

Inactive Member
What is proper etiquette and protocol in the Star Army of Yamatai? When does one salute as opposed to bow or what have you? What about the use of names or ranks to address someone, , what is proper procedure there?

After all, if I'm going to be playing someone who is rather by the book...I'd like to be sure I'm following it. :)

Ok, let's see. You bow to those higher in rank to yourself. The higher the rank, the lower you bow. However, if you respect then a lot, bowing really low is acceptable, too. Saluting is mostly a "Nepleslian habit", or so I've heard. When addressing someone with their name and rank, say their last name then a '-', then their rank. Example: "Yes, Tomori-Shosho." I've also heard that if your rank has two parts (Itto Heisho), then just say the Heisho part. Example: "Of course, Zarthe-Heisho." I hope this helps. ^_^

PS: If I was incorrect in any way, please someone correct me. ^^;;

Military Courtesy
1. Bow slightly or nod to superior officers, and bow deeply to much-higher-ranking officers (Decree #9).
2. Do not interrupt conversations of superior officers.
3. The higher-ranking officer ends a communication or conversation.
4. Red-pin personnel should only speak if spoken to in the presence of a White-pin officer (unless directed).

From the military law page.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back