• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Will have to wait til I get home tonight, at work right now on my lunch break.

Also what was her rank again?

Last edited:
This weekend I'm going to prune the roster to remove the characters who haven't been RPed in the current thread. I'm considering some sort of major overhaul to the plot as we don't seem to have much of an away team anymore.

I've been just trying to enjoy my vacation and catch up on my other obligations before getting to SARP. I'm starting my stuff today by doing some RP posts and submitting a character I kept promising someone that I would submit. It doesn't help that I for some reason didn't get notifications that the thread was moving.

we don't seem to have much of an away team anymore.

Who needs dedicated away teams when we can just put the silly bridge nerds out into the field! Surely that'll go well : P

Yeah, it might be a good idea to review the plot - maybe try tagging some of the people who are inactive on the plot, either in Discord or on the site? o .o

I've posted with Kai, but not with Setsuya, as there as far as I know hasn't been anything for infantry yet. Though I think it's just me and Alex left of infantry.

Last edited:
I've removed 2 characters from the roster who haven't had an RP post since January.

Also I've posted some available positions on the characters wanted page.

Yooo Wes, just gonna check with you agai - are there any thoughts/plans for things the people on the Eucharis are gonna do for the mission? Or is that stuff still kinda in the works o .o

Well, they could keep in touch with Matsuvo or we could do random stuff like get Hanako's permission to go to the recreation room for weightlifting, lol. Or if you want I could make up some space action like having some of the alien freighters bother us with their problems we need to solve.

Hm - well, funny as it would be, I think lifting weights would probably not fit with the mission going on, especially comparing to Mat's "Rip and Tear" action. Maybe we could send over backup, perhaps? Or handling the various freighters, like you mentioned - A starship as iconic as the Eucharis would at least be known by those guys, so they might try to get help from us : P

Alternative ideas... Perhaps some of the "zombies" can fly ships still? Or whatever caused this mess, if it's an intelligent thing of some kind (perhaps a rogue mad scientist or something?) decides to send in backup to protect their experiment - I dunno, I'm kinda just spitballing these ideas ^~^

Hey, as a side note, participation on the Eucharis seems really low at this point, with whole weeks going by without posts at some points, so I think it might be time to retire the plot after this mission. Eucharis has run for over ten years and that's an accomplishment I can be satisfied with.

I've thought about what to do with Hanako and I think I'll have her get a position as Director of Star Army Personnel to replace Chujo Ketsurui-Chinomai Minori, who has just hit 20 years of service this year and will probably retire soon. This position would allow her to still show up in the RP and I really like the idea of using her to visit the various Star Army plots throughout the site for personnel inspections or whatever (yay cameos!).

It could be refreshing to with a new plot when I'm ready and I'm thinking about doing something D&D style where I'm the GM but not the leader of the ship, which will make things less railroady.

Here's my idea. Mat could start sending data back to the Eucharis, and that could give scienc-y people something to do while the ship tries to avoid detection.

Then lets make this one a good one boss. And on that note, also sucks a little. Kai was only helmsman for two missions, and only on two ships for the same amount of time, so rip. Have no idea what to do with him after as no other yam plots are looking for helmsman.

It is an honor to play on your plot, Wes, so I hope you make a new one in the future, to allow others to play on yours. That being said, it has been an honor for me. Yours was the first plot I joined that did a mission, so it is really special to me. I learned a lot here and learned RP itself on this ship a good time ago. I hope you continue to find new and interesting adventures for yourself and your characters through RP, Wes, as that ability is one of my favorite things about you!!

While it's saddening to hear Eucharis doesn't have enough activity to keep going, it's really great that Hanako can move on to other things (she's been thinking about it for years, now!) and that you can focus on new RP ideas!

I'll always value my time RPing on the great YSS Eucharis, even though it was cut short on both occasions. Truly a legendary plotship 🌠

RPG-D RPGfix
Back