• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Exocorp Technologies (New Organization)

Skhaal

Inactive Member
This has been abit delayed but I am finally getting around to creating this.

Exocorp Technologies:

A relatively new organization operating under the laws of Yamatai. A new Research and development facility was created for the purpose of furthering the boundries set by the present and powerful power armors that existed. However with restricted tech being...unaccessible they began to further on un-restricted technology under the beta name "APAURAD" or "Advanced Power Armor which began to delve on scarcely used technologies and improve on them. The facility then had to expand it's technologies and then formed a new organizations by the name of Exocorp Technologies, Ran by the MARA branch of the organisation. APAURAD was naturally disbanded in order to create Exocorp Technologies.

Exocorp Technologies has devoted it's research to military and very rarly law enforcement use. However since they are currently still working out bugs and getting appropriate secuirity and such they have yet to start on any of the mecha projects they have planned. MARA tends to be quite zealous and secretive about their tech plans and such that they keep the plans under tight secuirity. The plans and projects in work are guarded by over 50 percent of the hired guards and there is a intricate system of secuirity networks that they made it as safe as they could with their budget.

A year has passed and the budget has been renewed and is currently significantly increased to alow more branches to be constructed (Which has already happened), secruirity to be buffed more and also to employ pilots, technician and staff to work there. All records and logs of how else the budget was used and files reguarding when it originally was formed has gone missing thus it's history is a mystery.

Along with the backround of the company virtually erased from knowledge however very small traces of what may be the founder and creator by the name of 'Janus Oxidus' however it is posible it was a alias and thus all ties to them have been severed.

The Exocorp technologies research and development labs resides on Neplasia in a remote region with a great deal of land for testing Power Armor without weapon systems.

Currently there are the following Branches of Exocorp Technologies.

MARA: MARA are basically the overseers of all the other divisions, They also design and develop the actual power armors. They have the most difficult job of having to converse with the rest of the divisions at meetings to detirmine which would be recomended for the power armor idea at hand. It becomes decided by votes of favor, assembly workers, drones, delivery, etc... although most of them don't know much, they are still alloed to vote. Drone worker's votes, count as one vote. Researchers, developers and Mechanics votes count as 2 votes and MARA Researchers and Developer's votes count as 3. MARA staff is relatively thin compared to the other lesser divisions on account they are the most trusted staff and the most experienced. MARA stands for Mecha Advancement and Research Administration.

MAD-WEP-TD: This is where all the Mecha Weapon Tech is developed. Only experienced Researchers and Developers work here, exchanging theories and thoughts on new weapon Designs. Currently they are working on Project 'Thor'. There are exactly two sub-divisions of MAD WEP as it is called. The two sub-divisions are the research and development division and the more hazardous job of assembling the prototype weapon. Exocorp tech won't just go and make a Automated factory for a prototype that will probably still have kinks to work out. MAD-WEp-TD stands for Mecha Advancement and Development-Weapon-Tech Division

MAD-SYS-TD: Probably the most uneventful branche and possibly most important. However there is another sub-division with more interesting projects in development. Here is where all systems the mecha uses are created. There are many consoles and even more requests for more advanced coding software to further their research and development. The only sub-division it has is the Integral AI Systems and various other systems to make their power armors stand out in both function and form. The sub-division in known as the Arcanum at first it started as a smart mouthed comment but gradually became the name of the sub-division. MAD-SYS-TD stands for Mecha Advancement and Development-System-TechDevelopment

MAD-ARM-TD: This is where not only Researchers and Developers work but also veteran power armor mechanics to work out how the power armor would work out on the power armor would react to the weight of the armor, how well it would do on land, water and space. MAD-ARM-TD stands for Mecha Advancement and Development-Armor-Tech Division

MAD-MTP-AID: A currently Vacant depart ment as finding a Power Armor Pilot willing to take this kind of job seems abit hazardous.

Starting Budget:6,300,000KS
Current Budget:545,000KS
Current Financial Purchases and Investments:

Researchers-
Amount: 25 Researchers Divided
Cost: 60,000 KS by Yearly per Researcher
6,300,000KS
-1,500,000KS

Developers-
Amount: 25 Developers Divided
Cost: 60,000 KS by Yearly per Developer
4,800,000KS
-1,500,000KS

Vetran Power Armor Mechanics-
Amount: 15
Cost: 60,000KS by Yearly per Mechanic
3,300,000KS
-900,000KS

MARA Staff-
Amount: 12
Cost: 80,000 KS by Yearly per MARA Staff
2,400,000KS
-960,000KS

(Will Add More Later, Hope this is alright)

This looks good to me: sounds like a springboard for some interesting RP. Since this hasn't been replied to yet, I'll assume no one has any suggestions, so I'll approve it tomorrow unless someone replies.

I thought Exocorp was going to be based in Nepleslia? Also, I'm unsure of the whole "backed by Yamatai" thing as well as the cooperation with PNUgen (which is currently being crushed by the Star Army);

Well actually they are only going to buy a Male and femal of the mutant breed so that way they won't need PUNgen any longer and can basically breed their own little monsters. Also it is being based on Neplasia, I guess I forgot to ad that -sctatches head-. I have plans for the large quadropedal creatures (When i say large I mean about Rhino sized reptiles...fun) which will be carniverous but a relatively cheap form of secuirity especially when they are going to be enhanced by a project in development by Exocorp. Don't worry about the reptile thins for now, they aren't the ones being submitted and if there is another place that can create monster sized creatures, please let me know. Thank you

Until you update the original topic withthe correct information I cannot approve it.

I would know what to fix if I knew what exactly needed fixing. I'm not sure where else I can get a enormous quadropedal reptile...but theres not really a need for such a security measure.

also fixed it, no large bipedal reptiles in power armor will exist

Although the exact question for who these people are working for has yet to be adressed, I follow Thad's example in saying that this lookds quite good and opens up good RPing oppurtunities.

Wes, could you be a little more specific over what 'correct information' needs to be edited in to the main body of the text? I know I'm confused by that statement.

There's a difference between "operating under the authority of" and "operating under the laws of". The former suggests that the company takes direct orders from the Yamataian government, and thus the government would be responsible for the company's actions. The latter only implies that the company conducts its business on Yamatai, and thus are obligated to obey its laws.

Wes might be more accepting toward the latter idea than the former.

So where is it based and who created it?

It's Based on Neplasia, and a person onder the alias 'Janus Oxidus' however the person is presumed dead as any ties to that person have been cleared out. It is now managed by MARA

I second the approval. I'd also like to note that, Exocorp Technologies will have to obey both the laws of Yamatai and those of Neplesia if it seeks to conduct business with both Empires.

I'll move this over to the approved section.

Skhaal, mind if I run the first post through a spell and grammar checker? Special offer. One time only. :) (I'm offering because I have some free time this weekend.)

This submission has been removed from the wiki due to lack of use and being orphaned.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back