• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Eye III Stealth Corvette

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
Submission Type: Starship
Template Used: Starship Template/ modification to Eye II
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:iis:eye_iii_stealth

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Yes @Ethereal (Corporate product)
Faction requires art? As far as I know, yes.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: An improvement on the Eye II jump frame released late last year, with significant improvements in software, sensory hardware, virtual sensors, surviveability, and a third module slot. Also comes in multiple colors, now. Not just rustbucket bronze, thanks to @BRindustries for the art.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ok, since @Ametheliana is probably busy with real life, I've gone ahead and taken over the submission at the request of @Wes .

[ x ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ️x ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ x ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ x ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ x ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ x ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ x ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ x ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ x ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ x ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Everything is pretty much in order, the things Ame asked to be fixed have apparently been fixed. This submission has sat here for a long tine, needlessly so, thus I am going to go ahead and...

[ x ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ x ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ x ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ x ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ x ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Thus it is approved!

There was a recent edit by @Ethereal to the article saying the Star Army of Yamatai has purchased some of these but I have not had Star Army Logistics purchase any; nor was I consulted as FM at all about this. There is no in-character basis for these edits.

They should have. It's perfect for a wide number of roles, as stated in the thread. If Logistics didn't purchase them, I know SARA Acquisitions would have snapped it up as a new technology immediately, which is outside the purview of Logistics as Logistics doesn't have the technical ability to evaluate the technical capabilities of new technologies. That's what Acquisitions is there for, after all. There's no scientists in Logistics. I have the correct characters and a sensible reason to make a SYNC thread regarding it, unless you're using an FM veto, which I don't see why you would, there's already plenty of non-Ketsurui equipment in service unless I'm mistaken and it's a monopoly.

To clarify, SARA would have given the strongest possible recommendation to Logistics to bring these into service given that at least 3-4 corps would likely benefit from the technology. SARA don't buy things themselves outside of test units. However, I don't see why Logistics would refuse that level of recommendation unless there's an equivalent already in current service, which I'm almost certain there isn't. I've no doubt a lot of officers in those corps would apply pressure to get this technology adopted once word broke that Logistics was blocking it.

Link to this recommendation?

I'll write it up 👍🏻

One's never been asked for from an OOC perspective before for the adoption of a technology, but I'd imagine it's a reasonably everyday occurrence. In an ideal world, SARA would be taking a look at every new significant technology to see what the benefits would be to the Star Army. Being proactive is good, that's why Acquisitions was created and is in regular contact with the big companies R&D departments IC.

However, I hope this doesn't mean I have to write a SARA assessment for every tech article on the wiki - that's probably unfeasible in the same way you're not expected to write an orders thread for each of the 600,000 people on a single Izanagi 😂

I'll write it up 👍🏻

One's never been asked for from an OOC perspective before for the adoption of a technology, but I'd imagine it's a reasonably everyday occurrence. In an ideal world, SARA would be taking a look at every new significant technology to see what the benefits would be to the Star Army. Being proactive is good, that's why Acquisitions was created and is in regular contact with the big companies R&D departments IC.

However, I hope this doesn't mean I have to write a SARA assessment for every tech article on the wiki - that's probably unfeasible in the same way you're not expected to write an orders thread for each of the 600,000 people on a single Izanagi 😂
Remember that Stellarium is a thing!

It might actually be useful to put together some kind of thread where people can submit their articles for SARA assessment. That might be fun and prevent useful tech from not being seen so much in character

RPG-D RPGfix
Back