Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff
FM of Yamatai
Game Master
Jan 27, 2003
Atlanta, GA
stararmy.com
Please refrain from confusing personal headcanon and what has already been established as canon, @CadetNewb, as the majority of Jiyuuian refugees did indeed "accept" the presence of the Yamatai Star Empire.
Not all Jiyuuians were refugees. Most Asterian ones are not. Also the Fort Asura article and Asura articles, and TFL RP threads show canon is that anti-Yamataian sentiment is so strong that the Star Army of Yamatai doesn't leave the safety of its one base on Asura.

FrostJaeger

On Hiatus
Site Supporter
Setting Submissions Mod
FM of Elysia
Game Master
May 1, 2015
the East Coast, USA
goo.gl
It is not "the proper procedure," @CadetNewb, to make additions to a previously-approved article without submitting it for review, especially when said additions were never publicly approved by @Soresu, the Faction Manager of the Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth; furthermore, I fail to see how any convenient "immigration" could have taken place to begin with - the Iromakuanhe, after all, aren't even aware of your suzerainty according to the international relations article that Soresu personally supplied information for.

FrostJaeger

On Hiatus
Site Supporter
Setting Submissions Mod
FM of Elysia
Game Master
May 1, 2015
the East Coast, USA
goo.gl

Kim

スター軍の司書
Feb 19, 2003
A shattered universe
studiohnh.com
The Faction Manager said otherwise, @Kim - and neither of those articles mention Asteria. Besides, why would you want to immigrate to a place where - as far as you know - literally everyone holds your species responsible for the deaths of dozens?
This is Asura 3 specific history which was not previous linked to the planet article. Asteria includes Asura 3, therefore, they were there. This was something big for the end of TFL that newer players might not know or remember since it happened in 2014. I had to dig for these.

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Necromancer
Setting Submissions Mod
FM of the Kudhacari
Game Master
Jul 21, 2005
I was everywhere.
The most concerning part about this is that it's the faction run by people all about "playing in their own sandbox." What species is next to be added to the Asterian sandbox? The Kudhacari? The Elysians? Phods? Separa?

I don't really know if there's anything to be done about it, but the hypocrisy is supremely frustrating.

FrostJaeger

On Hiatus
Site Supporter
Setting Submissions Mod
FM of Elysia
Game Master
May 1, 2015
the East Coast, USA
goo.gl
This is Asura 3 specific history which was not previous linked to the planet article. Asteria includes Asura 3, therefore, they were there. [...]
Asteria did not exist in YE 36, therefore they literally could not have been "there" - and again: why would you want to immigrate to a place where (as far as you know) literally everyone holds your species responsible for the deaths of dozens?

EDIT: I have to agree with @raz, @CadetNewb - which race from someone else's "sandbox" is going to be added to Asteria next?

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Necromancer
Setting Submissions Mod
FM of the Kudhacari
Game Master
Jul 21, 2005
I was everywhere.
Frankly, you guys repeatedly take the intellectual hard work of others, repackage it in ways their creators don't approve of — either explicitly or implicitly — and then call it the best thing on the block. I know if Ex still gave any sort of darn for SARP that he'd have stopped this from happening, and seeing it after you've already ignored a creator who was still around tell you not to mess with their stuff doesn't inspire confidence.

It's frightening and discourages participation for a sizable portion of active creators. Seemed like everyone was over doing disrespectful things like this.

I genuinely believe these words, believe it is important for someone to say, and don't mean any of it as an insult. So please just do not if you're thinking about it lmao.

Fred

Game Master
Oct 25, 2005
Montreal
Isn't that somewhat alarmistic for what is essentially allowing a small community of aliens live on a particular planet?

Ira has a compelling point too. We have fact-checking from @Kim to support how past roleplay encourages that these aliens could be present. It's not because the world gets claimed by Asteria a few years down the road that these aliens would suddenly pick up stakes and be on their way.

That said... not all the feedback given is bad feedback. I take away two things from there:

Firstly,
why would you want to immigrate to a place where (as far as you know) literally everyone holds your species responsible for the deaths of dozens?
Though I was not involved, I do recall hearing that such an incident did happen. @Gallant as you were the head of the TFL, please relate how that might happen?

Secondly,
it's true that we've not seen input from the Iroma FM. If that is @Soresu, then we need him to please speak up, if anything just to put to rest that this does have his consent. Soresu was one of the first people involved with the Iroma and I have full confidence that he has their best interests at heart - if he supports this, then it should put most of the concerns aired here to rest.

raz

A Princess of Yamatai
Necromancer
Setting Submissions Mod
FM of the Kudhacari
Game Master
Jul 21, 2005
I was everywhere.
Soresu was one of the first people involved with the Iroma and I have full confidence that he has their best interests at heart - if he supports this, then it should put most of the concerns aired here to rest.
The only way to put this sufficiently "to rest" would be to invent a time machine and kidnap the 2010 version of Exhack who had drive, standards, and expectations for his faction. That's clearly impossible, so all we can truly rely on is a voluntary commitment to the spirit in which the faction was created and supposed to exist at its best.

Fred

Game Master
Oct 25, 2005
Montreal
Wes has been clear that he has final oversight over matters of Asteria; you do get to air concerns but he gets to decide what is 'sufficient'.
Until then, please refrain from further commentary until the people tagged above can swing by to provide their input to said concerns.

Thank you,

Fred, Star Army Staff

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff
FM of Yamatai
Game Master
Jan 27, 2003
Atlanta, GA
stararmy.com
If @Soresu it okay with there being some Iromakuanhe in Asteria (enough that they're worth mentioning on the Asteria faction's front page), then I'm okay with it. But he needs to post that here where everyone can see it. Stuff that happens off the forums isn't "admissible evidence" for canon approval purposes.

Fred

Game Master
Oct 25, 2005
Montreal
I didn't ask about the ship, though. It's linked above too. I asked:
Firstly,
why would you want to immigrate to a place where (as far as you know) literally everyone holds your species responsible for the deaths of dozens?
Though I was not involved, I do recall hearing that such an incident did happen. @Gallant as you were the head of the TFL, please relate how that might happen?
Can you please tell me, @Gallant ?