• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission (Faction) Iron Company

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey there,

Good to see someone new jumping into the ring. I know being a new player, the urge is to jump in as soon as possible. The article lacks a bit of information, so I have some suggestions for you.

• Faction Template on Star Army Space Roleplay - Check out this template, it might give you some ideas as to how much information would be needed for such a group.
  • Somethings you will want to consider - How does this fit into the overall history of the SARPverse? Some helpful references would be to spend some time going over things like the Timeline on Star Army Space Roleplay.
  • Take a few minutes to go over the Submission Rules on Star Army Space Roleplay
  • I'd also suggest taking some time to front your concept ideas to the community for feedback, suggestions, and input from existing Star Army Players and Staff, so that you can receive guidance to bring your amazing new creation to life. You could make a thread in Setting Discussion | Star Army to help generate some interest and assistance.
Thanks for your courage, I look forward to seeing your idea to develop into something that fits the SARPverse!

Right, I'll get on it and see if I can get it flesh out more. Though the idea behind it was that aside from a single member, they'd been defunct for a while now.

Mr. Farzi,

I've noted you have several pending submissions that are interconnected. It is great a new player that you're enthusiastic, and willing to throw yourself to the critic and scrutiny we place on submissions to our setting. Your submissions are welcome of course, but they have a common thread. They lack wikification (other links to things in the setting), and show that some time is going to need to be invested on your part to learn the setting. I think that if you give some time to learn the SARPiverse these will become submissions with work that we can eventually integrate, but at this time I would like to notify you that they will be considered pending until you learn about our universe enough to meld these in. I encourage you, continue to take the time to get to know the lore, your fellow SARPers. Ask for help, come talk to one of our Staff members, consult the wiki on existing factions, and for our guides on making them. I would suggest making sure if you have not already to take some time to join an existing faction to learn more about the universe and expectations. We are all here to help you with your SARP journey!

Pending until submission guidelines are met.

Alright, I'm starting to go over this. Let's dig in deep shall we?

• I think the most noticeable problem with this faction submission is the lack of tie into the SARPiverse. Very little wikification. For SARP players, we need to see connections. What purpose does this have to be placed into the history of our universe? What context do you want it to be seen in? Is it the basis for something in the current universe?
    • Links to the YE/BYE they were founded.
    • Are they in the Kikyo Sector now? I see they are defunct but what ties to the SARPiverse do they have?
    • Are they Human? If so it could be linked
    • What links to modern SARPiverse do they have?
  • You should really consider fixing up your user page! It will help eliminate that red link user:commissar_farzi on Star Army Space Roleplay
  • The other submissions you've made should be linked to this article if they are related.
  • I think you need to consult the Style Guide on Star Army Space Roleplay and Formatting Syntax on Star Army Space Roleplay
So, the biggest questions in all of this are -

1. Where is this going? What are your intentions with these submissions? A playable faction? An NPC faction?
  2. How does it tie into current events? The universe?
  3. Where in the timeline does it fit?
  4. Is this something for all of SARP?
My overall advice is the same as before - spend some time playing in the SARPiverse, consult others for guidance and assistance. I don't think much has changed with these submissions.

Any Progress on this?

I'm...unsure Andrew-to be honest with you I didn't plan this far ahead when I came up with the Company, they were kinda a bit of background, but now I'd like it to be something that everyone can get in on and eventually be playable, timeline wise the original company was founded and fell before the Yamataian Empire...but short of that, I've been racking my head for ideas. Short of refounding it as the mercenary company it was originally was I have one other option-gonna test the waters first in the Discord before I do anything though.

I will take another look at it.

Hi Farzi,

A few things...

1. I think you should consider signing up for the mentor program. If I could assign you a mentor they could help provide you with assistance linking your articles in, etc. The submission still lacks the required wikification, etc.
2. Is your intention here to make a player faction? Or will it be NPCs? - I think maybe you should consider a few options here - A Setting Discussion/Interest Check. Maybe even a conference with @Wes and Staff to discuss your intentions for this faction idea you have.
3. Here is the link to the Faction Template.

I see the thought process behind the article is developing, it just needs some more work and more collaboration before it can be something. I know you're working hard on these things and we do appreciate it and your contributions to SARP.

I'm still so-so on the 'other universe' thing but it's a minor footnote so I don't really mind.

The NDC's FMs have talked to Farzi about his plans and support the creation of the Iron Company as a mercenary corporation operating within our space. Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back