• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Faction Metal Question

Dragon_God

I am attempting to create a faction metal that would be a grade higher than Durandandiun. It would be a sort of Neo-Titanium, hence being Grade 5 titanium that has been enhanced to be far stronger, while still keeping it's weight relatively light. Being used fore more medium armors and some framing for ships. As opposed to the Neo-Super Steel that Durandandium is.

I don't know, i consider Durandium to be super Aluminum (which Titanium is, if you think about it).

Why not just use Durandium?

As far as the range above Durandium, there's Yama-Dura, which is basically a half Yamataium, half Durandium.

Honestly I hate the idea of faction-exclusive materials in SARP and would rather see the existing ones just shared more instead of constantly adding more imaginary substances that are BS whenever a new faction arrives.

What's everyone else think?

I think durrandium is a good, Light material any faction should have access to and embrace. Especially to newer factions/sub factions. They all want faction exclusive stuff only they have, And thats fine to want. But as a faction they should improve and upgrade gradually before they break out into having faction exclusive anything that isnt a ship or vehicle or weapon or armor. And theres no reason to why they have it other than it specificly grows on their planet or is made by the elves... Crafty bastards they are...

And even then it remains faction specific and is never stolen through espionage or sold by black marketeering and it just feels like a cheap way for FMs to play "Mine and not yours" games.

Tbh im not a fan of faction exclusive metals or materials. Its fine to be proud of and use ye faction specific stuff. but it creates a vaccuum where it has to be stronger than durandium, yama-dura, etc.Plus faction materials always seem to have the same trends like weird conductivity of energy (It can deflect so and so), Is self regenerating, Is SUPER STRONG AND ALSO SUPER LIGHT, Is super thin but somehow incredibly durrable, Or makes no sense whatsoever. Im not saying DG would do that, But a lot of people have.

I think things like that should involve progression of a faction to a mature state before it starts pumping out super warships/superweapons/unique X or Y, etc. Otherwise the next uso or asteria withe compitent roleplayers who like wikiwork will enter the scene right away with tech entering the NTSE that rivals not necessarily yamatai (cause that never gets through) but maybe this fledgling faction is already outclassing nepleslia or S6 etc...

Also "something something something malnourished elves chained to assembly lines in a dark warehouse making that super material only they can make for catland, Never seeing the sun again..."

Now, obviously I know the boundaries, because it’s titanium. I’m making it exclusive, as of now. Because of RP reasons that any faction is staying separated from everyone else. However when the time does arise. I would happily sell it on more open markets.

I wish to use a heavier metal, because it’s more in style with what my faction uses. As well as the potential uses that it could serve for medium armors, as there is a lack of metals that fit that category. I do know that this metal would be ‘fake’ however the IRL counterpart does exist, and just boosting it to the point where it’s another ‘Sci-fi metal’ would give more uses later on. I’m simply trying to use a metal that my faction can create and somehow become on par, or at least stand a chance against others, as the tech level is lower than everyone else.

Just want a fighting chance, given the Current RP that might get me involved later on.

Yeah but, and i hear myself saying this a lot recently,

No one does pvp or faction v faction, certainly not yamatai or nepleslia which arguably the two strongest

And if you want heavy stuff just say they use regular titanium, but make it denser

EDIT: also if your faction has such a lower tech level, how does that justify having a strong as or even stronger material than the super powers?

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back