• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Closed Factions and size and rule ideas

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.

ShadowWalker

Okay so I had a suggestion for the site that might help with all the technology and other aspects of the game.

Faction teirs : this idea would help set the basaes of a faction how much influence and power each had some basic examples are as follows

Teir 1 faction: has one planet under their control and a effective military economy and or technology level of 1 or more

Teir two faction: owns three planets with one of each type of level stated above

Teir 3 faction: owns 1 system (5 or more habitable planets all having a technology economy and military level of 3

Next is to talk about power level
As you saw me talk about power levels in military economy and tech for the factions these would greatly help everyone understand what each faction is capable of doing

Leveling: in a thread of your faction you can do a thread of 20 posts times the previous level in a idea called developing

Technology level: the idea of how advanced your faction is in everything from in your faction

Military: how many personnel you have how many tanks, ships and overall fighting force

Economy: how are you as a faction afording everything from food to logistics
Note: generally you should increase your economy level for every tech and military level

Next is conquering planets for your faction either diplomatically, buying it off or by just military style conquering
Ideally only one planet should be allowed to be considered each week irl
Per faction and must have at least 3 threads of at least 50 posts of adaquite size regarding the action used for conquering the planet

I hope these ideas would help the site greatly

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We actually already have loose guidelines for most of this, like how to determine how many systems a faction can hold based on player activity, and then military being limited by how many systems they have. Technology level is a little more abstract but it's mostly handled by theme the faction went with, and you can move from one tech level to another, but it's not something that happens over night.

However I don't think it's a good idea to start trying to laser focus on faction limits and such. There isn't really a 'problem' with the limits right now. What should be looked at is what actually is important to regulate at an OOC level, since the ways a faction can compete with another are limited do to SM preference and do to OOC culture anyway.

We actually already have loose guidelines for most of this, like how to determine how many systems a faction can hold based on player activity, and then military being limited by how many systems they have. Technology level is a little more abstract but it's mostly handled by theme the faction went with, and you can move from one tech level to another, but it's not something that happens over night.

However I don't think it's a good idea to start trying to laser focus on faction limits and such. There isn't really a 'problem' with the limits right now. What should be looked at is what actually is important to regulate at an OOC level, since the ways a faction can compete with another are limited do to SM preference and do to OOC culture anyway.
As an FM and NTSE (albeit I don’t do a whole ton with it beyond step in as needed + progress things), this is pretty spot on. We do not need this very systematic... well, system. The guidelines exist to prevent OOC-based rapid acceleration and ensure a faction doesn’t suddenly match the ceiling. It’s all tied together in the many guidelines of SARP. Even if I’d like it, Nepleslia isn’t building more ships because of trying to prevent from setting a standard for everyone to get more; faction limitations aren’t intended to hinder IC but I’d rather not get my ships so we have a single standard to ensure no one Army-drops or pulls a Yamatai and claims nearly 100 systems.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back