• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[Fantasy Craft] Towards The Sun: A Fantasy Craft campaign

Firebrand

Inactive Member
So, I've been wanting to run Fantasy Craft for a whi-

What's Fantasy Craft, you ask? It's another of those OGL caused spinoff games from Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition in the mid 2000's; in my opinion its the best of the lot, with lots of player options and an emphasis on actually doing stuff. It's fun, once you get the hang of it and get rid of preconceptions from D&D.

So I've been wanting to run FC for a while, and I've got a campaign I've been planning out to run and do for people. To put it simply, I'll be running this game on Sundays, at around 4 PM EST. Hopefully every week if I have the time. We'll be running on Roll20, without voice, using MSpaint drawn maps and tokens for combat.

About the campaign itself? Well, you'll be playing on the world of Ariahia. It's a warm world, roughly the size of Mars, with a single global ocean and a singular landmass. Humans arrived on the planet 2000 years ago or so, and displaced the decaying elven kingdoms living there. An Empire rose, then fell, and for a few hundred years things were in a medieval period until stars fell from the sky and shattered the status quo. Now its the Age of Reason, where gunpowder and clockwork are just as important as steel and magic. The City States of the Huru Peninsula grow rich; The Uwar Jungle is set for conflict; the people of Koyorin have deposed their king and declared a Republic, and seems set to fight Idamwara for control of the Massaka wetlands. Meanwhile the Three Kingdoms of Adgran, Galkedh, and Suquht Alhafa fight one another for dominance of the old empire, with cities of Gol Garuhm and Rohaale safely profiting off the situation.

The mysterious Comorant Islands remain isolationist, with only sparse news getting in or out. The caste system of that nation begins to break down as new ideas from outside filter in, the Orcs and Goblins that make up the lower castes agitating against the Tiger, Swan, and Raven elves who rule. Meanwhile, the Majani Grasslands, broken only by Skyfall Lake, and the High Desert with its lonely Lunar Tower remain isolated and tempting to explorers- almost as much as the mysterious ruins of the Ruined Land.

But right now, none of that matters, because its time for the Festival of Awakening in Fedal. Its a small town in the Cratered Coast, and you, the players, have found yourself unable to enjoy the evening's festivities because, by bad luck or other reasons, you've been locked into the town's jail for the night to cool down.

The best way to summarize the genre I want for the game is this: Epic Heroic Fantasy set in a Renaissance setting, with equal parts Devil May Cry, Lodoss, The Powder Mage Trilogy, and the Belisarius series. Characters start out as heroes, holding the fate of communities and small locales in their hands. As their power grow, so to do the stakes, till armies and ancient powers and secrets become involved.

I'm looking for maybe four to five more players, and can get people the rules and work with them on making characters for the setting. I plan to run each session for maybe 4 hours. If you're interested, post, or PM me and I'll get people the Roll20 and Discord links.

I moved this topic to the Starlight lounge as it doesn't seem to be related to Star Army RP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back