• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Favourite sea shanties or themes from anime or favourite movies and television shows.

Yoshiro Tanaka

There was a thread last year in April that talked about your favorite songs from whatever genre you happen to like so I am going to do one myself. Have fun and I will chime in with my favorites.

My first one is a sea shanty called "Leave her Johnny, leave her." It was also on the Assassin's Creed Black Flag soundtrack

Here is the first verse and chorus.

I thought I heard the old man say,
Leave her Johnny, leave her.
Tomorrow ye will get your pay
and it's time for us to leave her.

Leave her Johnny, leave her.
Oh, leave her Johnny, leave her.
For the voyage is long
and the winds don't blow,
and it's time for us to leave her.

Yoshiro means The Starlight Lounge is an OOC forum.

Finally had a moment to look up my favorite songs. Three Jolly Rogues by the Irish Rovers is way up there. Enniskillen dragoons I think is also Irish Rovers but not 100% sure on that one. One of my all time favorite is a weird one. It's bagpipes and electric guitars. The Real McKenzies - Loch Lomond. I think that will do for now, but I've got a ton more.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back