• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Finished] First Officer's Tour and Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Inactive Member
Akina plodded alongside the Admiral, slightly behind the other woman. She noted various crew dodging out of their way in the corridor, while they made their way to an unknown destination.

"I bet you didn't expect getting this kind of assignment right out of the Academy, did you?" she motioned towards the lift to allow Akina to go first, the polished metal sign next to the lift said -Flight Control Bridge L1- Katsuko figured that they might as well start there considering it was the closest command area to the bay where she had arrived.

The Shosa hefted one of her bags higher on her shoulder before getting in the lift. "Yes, kanchou..I guess you could say I wasn't exactly the most senior officer at the War College." The new Yamataian had noticed the sign, and figured she'd dump her things off somewhere later.

Katsuko grinned saying "What does that matter? I seen their records, sounded boring..." they would ride the lift up to the flight control bridge, it was fairly quiet a few communications officers giving orders to Mindy pilots out on patrol in the fleet. "Anyway this is the flight control bridge, it can get hectic during conflicts and such. This is where I was thinking about putting that new Shoi I was taking to in the bay on for her first training rotation. I am sure you are familiar with everything here..."

Akina nodded. "That's correct. I saw the manifest. Here or on a smaller ship in the command fleet would suit her adequately, I'm certain." she pointed at the communication operators. Even supervising that during some chaotic training, perhaps?" she asked, finally noticing she was slightly taller than her commander. "Will you be here," she asked, pointing a heavy arm up to the command level of the bridge. "...or at the flag bridge?"

"Perhaps, I think she's a bit loose in the area of discipline, wasn't thrilled with her listening to our conversation. Flag officers generally discuss things that are really none of the business of the crew." Katsuko said "I try to be everywhere, and wherever I am not I expect you or one of the other higher ranking officers to be. I generally find myself between the Main Bridge and the Flag Bridge...mostly the Flag bridge lately with the current situation of things." she paused adding to describe that situation "The fifth is enrolled in a program to evaluate the need to upgrade the vessels assigned to it. Already I have prepared a list of upgrades for the Chiharu Class and the Yuumi Battleships as requested by Taisho Yui."

The new XO was beginning to feel better already. Ah, someone who believes in the military institute! Great! At the very least the junior officers wouldn't feel the need to become to buddy-buddy with me either. She thought with a grin. "I'll be where I need to, ma'am." she said curtly, examining the bridge crew while continuing. "Will we be testing the new modifications, or running tests to determine what is appropriate?"

"As long as it doesn't require me turning around and heading for a dry dock at Yamatai..." she chuckled, motioning towards the lift "I try to make my visits to command short, otherwise it is time wasted..save maybe for shopping in Kyoto." she waited for Akina to enter ahead of her.

Shimizu entered the lift again, nodding in agreement. "It was nice in what little free time I had at War College to poke around..as it were. I'd not been to the capital until then." she said ahead of herself, unable to turn her neck, instead turning around completely in the lift.

A sigh left the Captain's lips as the lift doors closed "I hear we are starting to make some head-way in the war with SMX, or so say the few communications I get from back home. Something worth celebrating I am sure." she paused then commented once again "You served with the 34th before attending the Academy, I am sure the picture was painted a bit different then..?"

The red-haired officer paused a moment before replying. "Ah, unfortunately I was already at the War College when they sent the 34th to Usho. What's left of the original crew told me what they could. Some losses, but good progress. We were on patrol near the Wazu Nebula with a moderate fleet when they ambushed us. It was within a week or two after I was able to go to Yamatai. Of course, before I left, ma'am, the mood was bleak. Most of us were certain death could drop out of hyperspace at any moment. " she finally finished, exhaling loudly.

Katsuko shook her head "I got assigned to someone's great idea of going to another galaxy to seek support." a second passed "We started the process of colonizing one of the systems, one minute all was well. The next, super sized bugs were puking up anti-matter bombs and huge flies were trying to rip holes into the hull of the Namiko. Not anything like the SMX, but same result nonetheless."

"I'm sure they'll be in a rude awakening if they attack us, none-the-less. SMX activity and tactics are standard study as I'm sure you're aware." she almost added "..at the war college." but was beginning to tire of saying that. "I must have been stationed somewhere else then, ma'am." she finished, listening to the hum of the lift for a moment.

The lift opened and Katsuko went out first this time, saying as she did "I doubt the bugs will ever come to this universe, anyway, Lets skip a bit of the tour and get you to your quarters so that you can unload some of that stuff."

"That would be wonderful." Akina grunted, following her out of the lift. I almost thought I was going to have to serve a shift like this...she thought coyly.

A few moments later they were in another lift headed towards the habitat levels where the officer quarters was. the door hissed open to the left of the massive doors to Katsuko's own suite (Marked with ‘本吉勝子'). The XO's quarters were smaller of course, but still relatively large in comparison to other vessels in the fleet. Katsuko pointed to the doors next to her own "100-B1, that's yours." she would wait for Akina before barging into her future home.

Finally happy to almost be free of her burden, Akina nodded to Katsuko before tapping the panel just below the display that read ‘清水明菜' (Shimizu, Akina). A feeling of excitement rose from within her again.

Katsuko began, "Right next to mine, figure it will suit you. I took the liberty of having it decorated, thought it would be nice." the door opened. The XO's quarters were two floors, the door opened up into a living area with a white couch, holo viewer and a rather interesting curvy desk. Further in a stair lead up to the bath-house which had two hot pools and a shower and the rather large bedroom with a walk in closet. Several trinkets around; a painting of Yamatai from space, a vase of flowers, and on the desk a wrapped box with a bow from Katsuko. Akina broke her cool demeanor for a moment.

"Great Mish-" she exclaimed, nearly choking on nothing. I-I could fit my war college barrack wing in this place! she thought. Coughing once more, the Shosa carefully set her violin case against the end of the couch, before dumping her other bags on the end of the couch unceremoniously. "This is amazing!" she declared, smoothing out her skirt and slowly turning around once, before facing Katsuko in the hall, beaming.

"Glad you like it...I wanted you to be comfortable" she smiled warmly clapping her hands together. A glint of joy within her silver eyes. "It is all yours. No annoying bunk mates, save for me next door. There's an access door between our upper levels, should you need anything."

Akina looked over her shoulder towards the stairs, before turning back. "Really? My, this is nice." she replied less ecstatically. She would have to remind herself to rummage through everything later. "It's more than I could have hoped for, thank you kanchou."

"There is a little something in the box, its for you..."

"Oh, my." replied Shimizu simply. She hadn't quite had time to take everything in, but there it was on the desk, as loud as daylight. "I have no choice but to accept, do I?" she laughed, albeit still a bit nervously. Smoothing out her uniform again absently, she stepped to the desk. "Would you like to have a seat, Admiral?" she asked, motioning to the couch. Akina stared at the box right after asking, sarcastically wondering when she would fall over dead to balance out how well things were going.

The other Yamataian stepped in, and proceeded to sit on the couch, lounging rather comfortably. Folding her legs over one another, she took out a hair elastic and bunched her blue strands into a tail, and proceeded to tie it. Motioning to the open box, she saying, "Well I could keep it, but I bought it for you...paid an arm and a leg for it on the Asari (the horizon ship in the fleet)." She paused a moment "Just relax Akina, I'm not going to allow such formalities especially away from the crew..Katsuko will do."

"I wouldn't presume to try something so....fresh in front of the crew, of course." the XO replied with a half-grin, half-smile. "What darling ribbon! I don't think I've ever been given a gift before!" she exclaimed in spite of herself. Slowly untying the pink bow and setting it aside, she eagerly pulled the top off and set it with the bow on the desk, peering into it. Inside the box was a small 5 inch tall teddy bear, its blue fur plush and a pink ribbon around it's neck. Nearly identical to the one Katsuko was given as a gift from a friend before she left for her mission with the Namiko, except for a small amount of writing on the tag which read "Akina, may you enjoy your first and hopefully best assignment of your new career" Shimizu choked a happy sob back (which was quite visible), before snatching up the bear an nuzzling it greedily for a quarter of a minute, before hugging it to her chest. "Thank you, Katsuko!" she reddened. "I'll do my best!"

"Your welcome..." she paused a minute yawning "I was going to go up to the bridge, but since we are both scheduled for tomorrow morning we can finish the tour then." she lounged back on the couch looking around "Hrmm...After your shift tomorrow you should try and get to the Asari, get something to decorate these arrangements a bit more."

"Oh, of course!" she replied, clutching her new bear. "That would be fine, of course." Akina was starting to feel fatigued a bit herself. "Maybe I'll have my things put away by then." she added hopefully. Is there a preferred command uniform style, or whichever I feel like?" she inquired tilting her head and flashing a slightly mysterious smile at Katsuko for a moment.

Oh how she wanted to say skirt, but she needed to keep herself from at least that for now "Anything you choose, something comfortable as long as it is with code." the smile, was returned in the same coy manner.

"I see. That's all I had, Katsuko." the XO said quietly. She looked to the double doors at her main entrance, then to the stairs to the second level. "Please, use whichever exit you'd like. I'm not sure what you could need from me, but the door should always be open for you." she added, continually clutching her new friend. "I will see you on the bridge in the morning, unless I get lost in here. Is there anything else?" she smiled, re-straightening her posture.

A sigh left Katsuko's lips, wanted words left submerged "I will see you in the morning Akina, 0700 for breakfast in the briefing room and then to the bridge." she rose from the couch and smiled, exiting out the way she had come, saying as she did "My door too is always open..." Akina's eyes followed the form of her new commander out of the quarters, until the doors had closed on the empty hall.

Finally alone, and still holding the teddy bear, Akina flopped herself backwards on the large white couch, oppisite where she had dumped her things. It had been a long day, and it was only...what time was it? "AI, what time is it?" the tired woman asked.

"It is exactly 2137hrs Yamatai Standard." came the reply.

"Wake me at 0630, please?" Shimizu requested.

"Acknowledged, good night, Shimizu Shosa." the AI finished.

My, I wonder if I can add some personality to the AI tommorow... she thought absently, pulling off her boots one at a time with her free hand. She set them together on the ground next to the couch. Hugging her bear closer, she stared at the celing blankly for five minutes. "Ah!" she finally exclaimed, slowly righting herself and standing. Akina wandered to the door, and hit the lockdown key for the night, not wanting to bother talking to the AI for the evening. Sighing, and returning to the couch, the Yamataian set the bear on top of a bag, and put all her bags back on her body and grabbed the grey boots on the floor with her last free hand. Following the stairs up to the second floor of her quarters. She finally arrived at her bedroom (which was looking a tad spartan compared to the few things the Admiral had provided her with on the lower floor), and dropped each bag in a line on the bed, while first unzipping her garment bag, and hanging her uniforms in the massive walk in closet. She sighed after she finished, surveying it. "I hardly made a dent.." she commented, after seeing how little space her uniforms had taken up. Her extra uniform footware went on the shoe caddy against the wall. The dressers in the slighty-cavernous closet were next. She hadn't been given much leave in all her years with the service, and buying her violin had almost bankrupt her, even if it wasn't the highest quality instrument one had ever laid eyes upon.

Setting the teddy bear on her large bed, Akina dragged each bag to the large closet, and decided to use each of the two dressers for uniform items, and personal clothing. Her uniform items took the longest, as she finished folding the last item, a black Star Army bikini bottom, into the top drawer and shut it, she caught a glimpse of her back in the full-lenght mirror. The ribbons keeping her long hair loosly in place had become quite discheveled, but after lingering a moment, she turned to pack her scant other clothes into the oppisite dresser, finishing with her unmentionables.

Finally with an exhausted sigh, Shimizu set her commendation case on the dresser oppisite of her personal items. With it went her survival knife and sheath. Finally she unstrapped her sidearm belt, and set the NSP-28A2 down next to the knife and the small wooden box. Tired, but eager to get this out of the way before the duty-shift in the morning, Akina spent twenty minutes unpacking the remainder of her items around her quarters, finally finishing with the last of her toiletries in the shower.

Hardly having the energy to keep awake, Akina wandered listlessly into her closet for the last time in the evening, slowly peeling off her uniform.No place to put the dirty ones.. she noticed, and decided to hang up the skirt piece, leaving the other items where they fell. She returned to the main bedroom in a pair of her issued panties, and her white strapless bra, not having the energy or drive to change into anything else. Scooping up her new teddy bear, Akina padded to the head of her new bed, and slowly crawled beneath the sheets, drifting off to sleep after a heavy sigh with the thought of "Hope I can find my way out of this palace in the morning.." echoing away quickly.

The XO rolled around fitfully, waking up finally as the AI set alarm blared in her bedroom. Sitting on the edge of her bed in a daze for a couple of minutes, Akina realized she had forgotten to take the ribbons of her hair after her unpacking spree the night before. "...half an hour..this is going to be close." she groaned sleepily. Plodding over to the walk in closet, and sliding open the door, she picked out her clean skirt uniform from the rack, and grabbed her pink bra and, and one of her pink thongs out of the opposite drawer, rushing to the shower accompanying the bathhouse on the same level.

The shower did some small part to wake her up after the previous long day. Finally slipping into her uniform stockings, the second in command guessed she still had about ten minutes. Returning to the closet, she strapped her sidearm on, before grabbing some violet ribbons to tie in her hair horizontally. This took another five minutes, and before long she was tugging on her boots and was soon finally out of her main doors leaving unattended clothes on the floor and ribbons on the bed in her wake.

The massive spider's mandibles opened enveloping her legs which kicked effortlessly to get it away. It broke right through them, the bloody stubs spurting profusely. It came for her again, she could see the goo dripping from it's jaws. A groan of pain left her lips, waking her up. She shot out from the blankets. Her heavy breaths causing her chest to heave and out. She reached for the small pad, the lights turning on. "AI...what time is it?" The AI responded "0630 hours" Katsuko already knew the time. She had just asked to hear another voice. She stretched slipping from her panties and climbed the stairs to the bathhouse. Slipping into one of the bubbling hot pools. A sigh of relief left her lips. She said to herself.."Katsuko, you really need to pull it together, a ShoSho afraid of the dark..isn't that pathetic?" A few seconds later she dunked under the soapy surface and then rose from the pool and entered one of the sprayers and showered off all the soap. She threw on her uniform, stopping to put her hair into a pony tail. She would emerge into the corridor at the same time as Akina "Good Morning..." she smiled slightly "Looks like we are both on time this morning..." laughing awkwardly..

At least I won't have a huge panty line visible..Akina thought to herself on her half-awake choice of clothes for the day. She saw the Shosho stepping out of her own quarters shortly through one eye, as she rubbed the sleep out of her own for a moment. "Good..morning ma'am." she yawned out. "I almost thought I wasn't going to, actually. I felt like I needed to unpack after you left." the Shosa continued, walking closer to the captain.

Katsuko said "You should've dropped in. I sat there wondering if I should have stayed to help." she stepped into the lift, holding her hand out in front of the sensor until Akina entered.

After another yawn upon getting in the lift, Akina replied, "That's all right...I finished eventually. I guess I don't have that many things. I think I need to get a clothes hamper, though.." she trailed off, looking back to the front of the lift.

Katsuko laughed "I have one, but the clothes never seem to make it there, except when I force myself to clean up." the lift opened and she walked down towards the officer's dining room, the door hissed open and the smell of food came to her "Smells good..." She sat down at the table motioning Akina to sit across from her. One of the cooks emerged from the kitchen "ShoSho! What will it be this morning my darling." the young man's voice was calling her darling. She responded "My usual, and remember...they armed me with a fork" motioning down to her place setting. Ignoring the cook who she'd just as soon harm for being fresh, Akina chuckled a bit as she sat down, pulling her chair in and then crossing her legs.

"I already have some things on the floor." she admitted. Pausing, she hailed the man, "You. Tea, rice, and something bigger. Filling." she finished tersely, returning her attention across the table. Katsuko's breakfast was the same everyday, when he returned with the glass of apricot nectar, a pot of green tea, and some rice.

The cook set it down in front of her, testing the water's again "There ‘ya are sweety." Katsuko's eyes narrowed but then she suddenly smiled, looking to the chef.

"Come here..." he turned and leaned forwards. She wiggled her brows and said lowly "I hear there's an opening on the crew that is dealing with some HSCS-3 malfunctions...Might be safer to be up to your knees in it than it being over your head, wouldn't it?" He straightened, saying nothing he went back into the other room and got Akina's breakfast, setting it down in front of her, being so disturbed he forgot the tea.

"That fool forgot my tea..." Akina scowled at her large omelet, then to her large bowl of rice. "Let us hope he's not so fresh when he returns." the XO smirked slyly, having been more than close enough to hear what her captain had said.
"He is like this...I tried to have him moved down to the mess hall. But almost roach-like he tends to return in greater force." The chef came out again "Is everything alright my pretties..?"

Akina straightened in her chair and uncrossed her legs at the comment. "Allow me.." she hissed. Bolting from her chair, she sent a kick to the side of the Nepleslian's knees, sending him crumpling to the floor. With one knee on the floor, and one knee on the man's chest, close to his neck, she drew her NSPA2, and pointed it at the the cook's forehead. "Now pay attention!" Shimizu seethed "You are mandated by standing orders to maintain customs and courtesy. If I ever hear of you speaking that kind of language again towards a superior, you will be guilty of insubordination. We can kill you at the Shosho's wish, or send you back to be discharged!" she yelled, her hair bunched to the other side. "Now get me my tea." she added coldly, getting up and replacing her sidearm, and sitting down again.

"Chef...when your done getting her, her tea you are relived from duty without pay for a week. And will be responsible for a 1000KS fine" she looked to Akina, a smile back on her lips "Thank you...it was about time he got it." he got up nervously brushing himself off and brought Akina her tea.

The red-haired Yamataian crossed her legs, tugging on her skirt a bit. "That was something I could hardly tolerate, ma'am. If they want to be citizens of our Empire, it's best they not think their chauvinism will stand in the Star Army. I'm sure there are thousands proper cooks who would kill for that man's job that are serving slop to recruits on a cramped Yui-5." with that she picked up her tea with both hands, blowing on it a bit before sipping it. Her annoyed expression disappeared, as her eyes smiled across to the Admiral.

Katsuko smiled, sipping her nectar "Get Shosa Yoshike to get somone new in here if you see her. Or just send a comm. message her way." she put down the nectar and took up to eating her rice, nestling it between the black glossy chop sticks with painted designs that she had brought onboard from the Namiko.

"Thank you ma'am, I will." Akina replied, her mood sounding much better as she set her tea down. She was soon cutting her omelet with her own pair of bland grey chopsticks. After voraciously eating about half of the creation, she stopped a moment to mention, "I'll have to..go buy some nice ones too.." staring at her commander's utensils before attacking her rice bowl. It had been at least 20 hours since Shimizu's last meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back