• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN First Contact Report, Random Alien Federation, Chief Science Officer's Addendum

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 44.5
RP Location
YSS Kōun

Ketsurui-Taishō, Iemochi-Chūjo, and Motoyoshi-Sama,

Enclosed is my addendum to Belmont-Shōsa's Command Report.

Thank you,
Shōi Takeda Sayako
Chief Science Officer, YSS Kōun

Encl. (1)
First Contact Report, Random Alien Federation, Chief Science Officer's Addendum.pandocument

At 44.5.12.13.45ST I detected multiple signatures indicative of FTL scans originating in the vicinity of the Great Blue Rift. The precise signature was not currently cataloged as known technology, so I transmitted a message in multiple formats to initiate contact, and gave a set of spacetime coordinates for rendezvous. Although I was unaware of the irregularity with the Captain's orders at the time, the course was set under my authority as Chief Science Officer in a First Contact scenario, in accordance with applicable regulations. We received a reply immediately and proceeded to make contact with a hitherto uncontacted FTL capable civilization known as the Random Alien Federation.

I decided to disembark from the shuttle and board the vessel first. However, this proved to be in error, as the Rathenkans assumed that I was merely a probe unit and not capable of free will. This gravely insulted the Rathenkans who saw it as a breach of trust, whereas I saw it as merely an abundance of caution, as well as believing that seeing my form was better than encountering Minkan, Humans, or Nekovalkyrja in environmental suits. Once I realized the manner and degree of my error, I began to formulate a way to demonstrate the contrary.

At this point, Koun-Chūi, as a Senti, who was already familiar with the Rathenkans, became indispensable in helping us navigate their cultural specifics, and opening a dialogue with their ambassadors through a bonding ceremony. The Rathenkans entrusted me with a data storage device that ostensibly contains data about their civilization and history, but I have only begun to analyze the interface and encoding format with an isolated computer system. In exchange I provided schematics for a device that would allow them to access the open, public, and commercial SYNC network, as well as the DIoN equivalent. We then exchanged foodstuffs, with traditional and modern Yamataian cuisines, and a Random Alien beverage «CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL ASSAY AND ANALYSIS OF ALIEN POTABLE ENCLOSED 4.5MPLS».

Just as we began this ceremony, however, we were approached by the YSS Wyvern, dispatched on matters relating to Belmont-Shōsa not possessing official orders to resume command of the Kōun. When I deduced the reason for their actions, it gave me both the perfect opportunity and genuine emotional impetus to demonstrate my free will and sapience beyond doubt to the Rathenkans. I must apologize for my behavior, as it was a grave breach of protocol, decorum, and bearing. However, I believe this is mitigated, if not outright excused by the necessity to salvage the first contact mission in the face of my initial error. My gambit was successful, and I credit that success with the overall success of the mission. After Belmont-Shōsa returned to the Kōun, the remaining away team finished the meal and returned to the ship.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back