• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

First job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
A small weasel like man, dressed in a trench coat and a wide black hat, and smoking something that was likely illegal, walked up to the gate of Skhall's house, and pressed on the communication button.

"Mr. Skhaal, my boss would wish to employ your services."

Skhaal got up "Really? its been a week and someone finally wants to hire me.." Skhaal got up and walked to the door.-

Skhaal stops at a communicator button in the hallway and says in a dark and emotionless tone "Be right there..." He then exits the house and walks to the gate.-

"I represent Python. She is interested in hiring some new blood in the market."

"And I'm interested in making some money so I might be interested..."

"Well you will certainly be paid, and for a simple job. Python is offended by a group of upstarts moving in on her turf, and wishes them to be exterminated. She however does not wish to use her own people. Therefore you are the decided harbinger." The Nepleslian liked to think of himself as intelligent and cultured.

"Alright I will take care of them...but first I need to know how much I will be paid..."

"It depends on how well you do the task. Do it well, leaving no evidence pointing at anyone, then Python will be generous, do it badly, incriminating yourself, you will be less well paid. Incriminate Python and you will not find your lives enjoyable. I think 5,000 ks for a complete and successful extermination."

"Alright I will see his life is taken..."

"Not just his, his group."

"Alright...his group shall fall..."

"If you could destroy his computer records that would be an added bonus, and their cybernetic recording devices, their in the eyes. You will be wanting to know where they are." The man handed a piece of paper over the gate. "This will tell you everything you need to know."

"Could you write that all down? Ill have pete deal with that"

"It's on the paper. Address that is. Well come to this address when you have finished the job." The man handed Skhaal a second piece of paper, this one with the address of one of the Pythons houses.

Skhaal took the paper "Will that be all?"

"For the moment. Happy hunting's." The man walked down the street, and disappeared down an alley.

Skhaal walked back towards the house. He then entered the house examining the piece of paper.

"Who was that sir?" Pete came out of the kitchen, carrying a tray of gingerbread men.

"Um a man representing a crimelord by the name of python..."

"How interesting. Gingerbread man, sir?" He offered the tray, "They're freshly baked."

"Sure thank you Pete" Skhaal took one of the tray and traditionally bit its head off.

"I'm just going to bring Dawn her gingerbread men and milk, sir. I hope your stake out goes well." Pete turned and walked up the stairs.

Pete knocked on Dawns door "Dawn, I have your food." They had discarded of Miss weeks before, there relationship beyond that of servant and mistress.

"Great. Come in." Dawn was indeed happy to see Pete again. She had not left the room recently, nervous around the Thaxarians.

Skhaal looked at the letter and thought he had better ask Pete for a favour.

Pete came in and closed the door behind him "Mr. Skhaal seems to have been hired to kill someone. By someone called Python. Have you heard of him?" Pee put the tray with the gingerbread men and milk down on the side, before sitting next to Dawn on the bed.

Dawn bit on one of the Gingerbread men, following it with a large gulp of milk. She was still getting used to these little luxuries, as strange as it may have seemed, seeing as she had been here for many months, every mourning she thanked whatever God there was "She. Yes, I've heard of her, Python, completely ruthless. Controls one or two of the brothels and drug dens."

Pete took this in. Mr. Skhaal might be in trouble associating with such a person. He sighed, "I have to go speak to Mr. Skhaal, it is my duty to help out in anyway I can, whether I like it or not." He gave a little bow, and walked out of the room, closing the door gently behind him. It was one of the most annoying parts of his life, that he was always motivated to help. His programming meant that if he could help, he must help.

"Bye." Dawn called after him. She lied back on her bed, a pose she found herself a lot these days, and took out a book that Pete had bought her. He seemed to believe in self improving, so it was perhaps fitting that he had bought her 'Feng Shui for beginners'.

Pete walked down the stairs quickly, calling "Mr. Skhaal, is there anything I can do to assist you?"

"Yes...I need you to reprogram the arachni drones to attack a upstart by the name of Can Thistlewool and his gang...any way you can do this?"

"No sir. Their program matrix can not that many variables. They can not do that under their own processing power." Pete was torn, his wish to be normal, peaceful and calm natured, and his need to be helpful, "But I could do it, take control of the Drones and direct them."

"That will work and before you think I'm a bad person for working for a crimelord let me tell you that when we get enough money we are heading out of Nepleslia"

"My opinion is irrelevant sir" Pete depression may have shown in his words, but not in his tone of voice, which was simply formal.

"Well it would be better for dawn to get out of this hell hole of a planet..."

"It is her hell hole, she does know it, and she's happey here, sir."

"Well...it would also do her some good to try other places I mean
I miss Thaxaria as well but here gives me a chance to experience other races and cultures..."

"I'm sure sir."

"Well what seems like a good planet to go to first?"

"Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves sir? We need to do this operation first." He was dreading the very operation that he was suggesting they get back too, but his damn programming again meant that he was motivated towards helping Skhaal keep organised.

"D'oh your absolutely right! Get to work on those drones..."

"Yes sir." Pete walked off, sad inside.

"Hey Pete starting tomorrow I'm paying you."

"Thank you sir, but that isn't necessary. I live to serve." Literally he thought, somewhat bitterly.

"No you should be rewarded for your services us Thaxarians do not treat anything as a slave but only as a paid employee" he handed Pete 250 ks "Of course you will be paid monthly due to the new robot..."

"This is very kind of you sir. I will begin to rewire the Robots." Pete began to walk off, to help organise something so adverse to his nature, that it would have made him sick. If he had a stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back